The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Two of my friends have both been charged customs tax on Vita's from Gadget Asia. I think DHL have realised what they're up to now. Another has waited since December 23rd for it to be delivered as DHL closed over New Year, then lost his package, before finding it, then holding it until he paid ?19 duty. He isn't best pleased LOL
    Ouch. I had mine delivered by Fedex and am just waiting on a little ransom letter dropping through the letter box any day now

Comment

No DHL charges for me, Neil2k did get stiffed for a little bit on his today though.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Yep. Asia region PlayStation hardware is mostly exactly the same as Japanese hardware with only the odd exception here and there.

Two of my friends have both been charged customs tax on Vita's from Gadget Asia. I think DHL have realised what they're up to now. Another has waited since December 23rd for it to be delivered as DHL closed over New Year, then lost his package, before finding it, then holding it until he paid ?19 duty. He isn't best pleased LOL
        Cheers joe, do Dhl expect payment at the door or do they bill you?

Comment

Very tempted to order one from gadget-Asia. Just need to find somewhere with MnG6 at a good price if I do

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Give BlazBlue a whirl. Haven't played it yet myself but by all accounts (looking at pics and vids online) it looks absolutely gorgeous! Some really nice looking bits in Uncharted too. The screen really is gorgeous!
            It'll have to go some to beat Marvel Vs Capcom which i've just been playing a little while, it's absolutely stunning! I've only ever really taken to SNK fighters, but i've loved my first play of it.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              Do the Asian version vita consoles on the gadget Asia site have the X & 0 buttons the same way as the japanese units?
              0 = confirm?
              My Vita from Gadget Asia is a Japanese unit, I think only the 3g ones they're selling are Asian?

Comment

Cool beans cheers chaps, so how much import duty could I get stung for on a vita and 4 gig memory card?

Comment

Mine arrived from Gadget Asia today mate, wasn't charged a penny. System and 4Gb card, I think they had it marked as gift and $80 value, which they did off their own back, I didn't ask them to.

Comment

My friends' massively-delayed unit arrived just now via DHL complete with ?19 customs tax.. HOWEVER, it was not the Asian version as stated, but a Japanese version. SIM locked, so he is most unpleased. :/
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      do Dhl expect payment at the door or do they bill you?
                      They send a bill in the post.

Comment

No. They hold your shipment until you pay it over the phone or on their website. They no longer send bills in the post, as people don't pay them.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This is why I still take FedEx wherever I can - they will always bill me afterwards, and if no-one's in on delivery day they'll call me up straight away and ask when / where is good to deliver again. Plus they have a pretty slick iOS app that lets me track multiple parcels.

I take it from all of this that an Asian 3G unit will work with a UK SIM?

Comment

I've been playing some PSP titles today. They look ridiculously good on the Vita
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What have you been playing mate? Still trying to decide which store to tie my Vita to.

Comment

I've UMD Passport'd Gran Turismo, Metal Slug Complete, and Metal Slug XX so far. I've been playing Metal Slug X all day. I shall give Gran Turismo a try soon, and see if it has the extra control mapping for the second analog stick. I've got another ten or so games that I can Passport over, but I need to add some more funds to my account.

I'm tied to the JPN store. It was a no-brainer for me as all of my games are Japanese, and Final Fantasy I, II and IV are the only RPGs I'm interested in and they all have 100% English support.

I went on Near today. I found eight people with Vita's within a five mile radius of my house. LOL
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X