No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done a quick search on the interwebs but can't seem to find a definitive answer, does anyone have a lists of psp games that work on vita? Is there even one? I only ask as I've put my vita on my hong kong account and the list of psp titles available to download through the vita is rather... Well small.

Comment

That's because the HK store sucks.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well that's true, but it doesn't explain why on ps3 I could download the english language or chinese version of disgaea, but searching for the same on vita only shows the Chinese version. I hope there is a decent amount to try out when the EU vita store is available as I really want to have a look at Gran Turismo and Ghost of Sparta on the vitas screen.

Comment

Have you tried it via PS3 then copying across? PSP demos don't work on the JPN store. TBH I've only passported my UMDs, but there seems to be the full line up of games that you can purchase.
          It might be because items that you have previously purchased do not show up in the store, only in your D/L list.

I'm eager to see if they've enabled the right stick in GT myself. There doesn't seem to be a way to copy PSP save data over currently, and PSP DLC works, but I can't find it in the data manager.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 22-01-2012, 16:17.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Was just about to try that, but decided to look at the listing for the game rather than redownload from the download list. Just about every English language release has had a big yellow "not compatible with PSVita" added to it's page. I'm hoping that's because the psp emulator/software on the vita is currently only compatible with games with the Japanese titles at the moment, and not a sign of things to come for the eu launch.

Comment

Or maybe that are just holding back to boost the sale of launch vita titles.

Comment

Is anyone interested in the upcoming golf game called @Field? Looks pretty good, a mix between mini golf and pinball where you can create your own courses and has a Cosmic Smash look to it. I wonder if it will be playable without speaking Japanese though.

Last edited by simsini; 25-01-2012, 23:32.

Comment

To you multiple Vita owners (J0e):

I've got a code for a couple of DL Vita games. If I sign into both Vita consoles with my PSN ID can I put the games on both machines straight away? What's the deal with Trophies etc...?

Comment

Only if the account is activated on just the two Vita's. You deffo won't be able to boot the content on both units within a 24-hour period though.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok, this is an import thread, but I preordered a UK Vita today but have a few queries before I actually go through with it and pick it up next month:

1. Are there any rumours of the First Edition bundle coming out over here?

2. I believe it is the case, but just to make sure, can all my PSN mini games be transferred to play on it as they can on the PSP? Fingers crossed as I'll have a decent games library from the start with all my PSN+ freebies.

3. What is the deal with transferring PSP games to the Vita? So there is a fee to transfer the ownership to a digial copy, right? Is it worth me scouting round for cheapo PSP games that I fancy playing on it?

4. With the Wii U apparently offering the same feature, can we expect all new PS3 games to eventually offer remote play?

5. Any case recommendations?

6. I was unsure which memory card to get. I'm more likely to buy physical copies of games so I can sell / trade them, but I didn't want to get the 4GB and regret it later. Unless I swap my pre-order to a 4GB for now, and import a 32GB later if the need arises. Thoughts please.

7. Does the Vita allow multiple user accounts? I'll be annoyed if it means deleting/adding different email addresses and passwords for my son to use it with his own PSN account. There are conflicting reports about this, but it could see me cancelling my preorder if I can't share the machine with my son.
                      Last edited by SteJay; 28-01-2012, 16:53.

Comment

1. I'm not familiar with First Edition.

2. Not currently, but they will be compatible down the line.

3. UMD Passport is Japan-only at the moment. There is a fee which ranges from 500 to 100 yen.

4. All PS3 games will offer Remote Play according to Sony.

5. I have the PCHJ-15004, which is the Vita version of the case that came with PSP value packs.

6. 4GB sucks IMO. I filled it up the day I got my Vita. I have 32GB now, but I'd say 16GB should be your minimum.

7. No. Sharing is difficult as you have to have seperate memory cards or reformat the Vita each time you want to swap.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Had my first freeze on mine today, 10 minutes of nothing It then decided to work of its own volition

Comment

Mine won't charge via USB.
                            Unit is powered off and the USB charge is selected. Any ideas?

Comment

i've managed to lose my vita usb cable. where's the quickest place to get one from ?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                                Mine won't charge via USB.
                                Unit is powered off and the USB charge is selected. Any ideas?
                                Have you activated USB charge in system settings?

Comment

Working...
                                X