No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would guess next week for uk think it went live in the us for the people that are getting the week early pack

Comment

For the peeps that have already got this, ive been looking at cases etc.

The Official starter pack is like ?22 with a case, strap and screen protector (that I will no doubt mess up), but Ive seen on shopto the Clean and protect pouch that I like the look off.

Has anyone got the stuff from the starter pack? I should I just pickup the pouch and some protectors of ebay?

Advise on any cases is welcome!

Comment

I bought the pouch on launch for around ?15 on it's own, so I'd consider the starter pack a good investment. The game case is a must IMO, as the carts are very easy to lose *looks at son*, the strap adds a safety element, and the screen protector is a must for me. The other included case is an added bonus, although I would never use it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can't actually mess up the fitting of the screen protector as its template lays over the face buttons to ensure you get it straight. The only problem you'll face is getting dust under it if you are too slow in applying it.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks Joe, starter pack it is!

Comment

The starter kit is ?17.99 at Play.com - click

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
                The starter kit is ?17.99 at Play.com - click
                Was just omw back to post that Ordered!

Comment

Another quick question Joe, I have just seen that you can do party chat. Can you play games why in a party like on xbox live? Also why your playing games can you talk in the party chat or do you talk to the imgame lobbies or both? How does it work

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                    Another quick question Joe, I have just seen that you can do party chat. Can you play games why in a party like on xbox live? Also why your playing games can you talk in the party chat or do you talk to the imgame lobbies or both? How does it work
                    I don't know all of this but I read on kotaku stephen totillo was talking about playing a different game to some other journalist, so it's definitely cross game. I don't know about the game lobbies thing, but I would assume if you press the home button or w/e it'll be much like XBL with parties where you can select in game or party.

Comment

Cheers! I wonder if you can use bluetooth headsets or summit too? Class that, just need to talk some of my friends into buying one!

Comment

You can use bluetooth headsets. I dunno quite how cross game chat would work as Party is it's own app.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It runs in the background I think. I'm sure I've read that they deliberately designed the PSV like this because the PS3 can't do it due to the RAM limit.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Found a video.

Comment

Thats awesome, looks like the multi tasking on vita is better than ps3!

Comment

It is. A LOT better. The PS3 basically wasn't designed to do anything else while running games, which is why the XMB is laggy as f**k when you use it in game. A real shame because if the PS3 had party chat, I would have played it a lot more and me and my friends would have probably played games like killzone 2 (which we loved when we tried) online more. But it's just a much better experience on xbox live for a group of friends, IMO obviously.

The Vita was deliberately designed with 512mb RAM with this in mind (double what the PS3 has) but has half of the VRAM that the PS3 has (128MB compared to 256MB). However, it also has half the res that the PS3 renders at, so games should look fairly similar. So yeah...I really want a multiplayer killzone for vita
                              Last edited by Synthesthesia; 20-02-2012, 15:39.

Comment

So what's the deal with accounts? Can you use different memory cards for JP and US accounts and not have to format the system?

Comment

Working...
                                X