No announcement yet.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be up for this a bit more now my initial OTT-enthusiasm for playing Halo 2 on live has tempered to a rational but great enjoyment.

My Ryu has gone to pot. My Makoto has fallen off the register. My Dudley is a little more than passable. <i>And</i> I've just got a lovely new stick, which I must post about sometime.

So yeah, ready to put my average-to-crap Ryu up for some rumbles again... any news of the tournament?

Comment

I really should get around to the tournament. I'll post more details this weekend, now everyone has had a while to practice

Comment

Heavy man! Dont be too long with it - I wont have this machine much longer and want to take part!

Comment

Good games Saur

/me stumbles off to try and play Pro Evo for a while >_<;

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Sands
            Been having some great games agains't people from here over the last couple of days esp. with Lyrical Donut, I really enjoyed those games, they were class.
            Yeah, agreed... really close games, coupled with nasty near-perfect beatings from both us too.

Top fun.

I've got a few ex-workmates to play at Pro Evo tonight, but I'll probably get back on 3S later (or Hyper, if Ex_Mosquit0 is on ... didn't realise you played that No one else does :/)

Comment

i'm definately getting worse at this now.
              i just played some ryu/ken/gouki guy about 16 times, and absolutely nothing i did worked at all. i only got 5 wins, and i really cant understand what was happening...things that should have connected just missed every time, his attacks always beat out my moves.
              me so confused
              this guy must have gone away thinking he was great

Comment

Thing about Gouki is, never EVER crowd him when he is downed. His dragon punch will cut through any wake up move you try to throw at him. Its not even worth anticipating a parry. What I do against Gouki players is just try and pressure them straight into the corner. While he is in the corner, overhead him, throw him, make him block and dash in for a throw...quick moves will see you win everytime.

Another trick i use is when they are downed quickly dash towards...THEN DASH BACK immediatly. They will either almost 75% fluff up a Strong Dragon punch or a throw, this is your time to do some damage. Just like Ken, dont let him land on the floor after a dragon punch, as he can go straight into another one with no recovery.

Another annoying thing with Gouki is his Hurricane kick, make sure it passes you over completely before standing up, as his last hit of the spin goes low...and sweep him. You can trick a unskilled gouki by punching the air when they are downed, and going for a cheeky sweep, gets them all the time

Just keep in mind, that you only have to smack Gouki up say with 4 or 5 strong attacks and he is about to die. Either Pressure him in the corner, or let the f00 come to you and capitalise on his mistakes and the high damage he takes. You are way too good to get hammered by a scrubby Gouki player, bust that f00 up next time

Best Gouki\Chunli killers imo is Alex, Ryu and Makato. With Makato, flying HK THE BASTARD! no chance

Also, i have heard Gill is unlockable online...bugger.
                Last edited by jassi singh; 28-11-2004, 17:58.

Comment

its bery satisfying taking a gouki down with hugo. especially if u are getting raped then u get off gigas. lol laters gouki

Comment

A probelm me and teodi suffer from when losing matches are:

a) Beating a guy down, he has no health, you have lots of health, but, because you have to finish them with that SA, you spend the rest of the macth losing health trying to put them into a position were you can get it in. And the thing is, all basic tatics go out the window, so now you've lost the match, because you spazzed up :/

b) You've learnt a new trick or technique, you want to include it, so, it's all you do in the match, similar to reason a) excpet even more stupid :/

I hate shoto players too :/

Comment

Hey mr fujisawa! where you been on 3rd strike?!

Btw Shend, Fujis Q is ace too

(...really...really...good)

Comment

i do both of those all the time, plus if somebody has zero health left, you must beat them with a taunt...at all costs

i played the same guy i posted about above again, this time i was just waiting for him to finish his little attempts and then attack him, which worked pretty well. only did two matches, where we both won one....but my win was much more impressive than his

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                          Best Gouki\Chunli killers imo is Alex
                          This match-up is also known as 'The BIG Hurt'

Comment

LOL

I just rose-finished someone as Dudley and he dropped >_<

Couldn't take the shame!!

Comment

Dumb question, but I assume you can reassign the buttons in the games menus?

I'm in the process of building a new custom stick using a PSX Dual Shock pcb and want to make sure I get the correct set up when using it through the magic box convertor.

Ta

John.

Comment

Yeah you can, the default config if you're mapping to PS2 would be:

1. Square
                                2. Triangle
                                3. L1
                                4. X
                                5. O
                                6. R1

Comment

Working...
                                X