Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redStone
    Hi all
    Norwegian player here, if you play me and we have a good connection please add me to your friends list. I think I have played some of you already (recognize some names).
    I play Dudley mostly.
    Yes I got distroyed by you

Comment

Okay, one last question for you 3rd Strike fans before I take the plunge and order the game + xbox + broadband + live + kitchen sink......

Is SF3 very reliant on combos? One of my bugbears about KOF is the heavy use of combos. I'm not a mad combo fan, learning one or two is fine but I hate having to memorise hundreds of the bloody things with their nanosecond perfect timing. KOF03 is my favourite of the series as it applies a nice sliding scale for damage making combos less important.

Sorry, no more questions now......

(except is SVC region free?)

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be seeing you all online very shortly.....

Comment

SF3 isn't reliant on combos until you're in higher-up play. I still only know one decent one, and it's far free-er than KoF in inventing your own. Mainly concentrate on getting your supers on every time

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
          Argh, get back here Saurian. I was ready for a 10+ match marathon

Was on Halo 2, saw you online, switched that off, and only got a few games, bah.
          Sorry man my computer was being ridiculous and I couldnt re-connect. Respect to everyone I got to play over the weekend, them matches are wicked on SF3.

I'm mostly on Psyvariar 2 when I'm online, but that Xbox version is so stupid so I'll give up on it soon; (sorry to go on about it but it's pissing me off >_<) if you buss a replay and say you die on stage 5, that's fine you can upload the replay to Live. Yet if you 1 credit the game, all the way through GLUON and finish it, it wont let you upload the replay so you cant put that score online, it's so dumb! >_< On top of that they have per stage boards, but you cant do per-stage score attacks, and if you want to beat one of your stage scores you have to do a whole game replay where you beat that score PLUS get higher than your last overall one!

Sunday morning seems to be the time to rack up easy wins. i played 3 people today, each of them only using ryu and ken, doing pretty much the same stuff over and over.
          i couldnt beleive they kept doing rematch.
          30 wins, even got an A+ with elena
          You gotta love em! I had 15ish against one Ken player Sunday morning but he was improving his game nicely as he went.

Innov3rsioN
          Good lord man - you PWN!!1 - That's the best Dudley I ever had the pleasure of playing! 8)
          Last edited by Saurian; 15-11-2004, 09:57.

Comment

I'm going to have to look into this XBox live thing - I'm desperate to play some humans on SF3.

Comment

Well I picked up the game today, all I need now is to setup live. I'm gonna have to go out and get me one of them wireless jobbies as I'm not gonna be able to have a wired connection to the 'net for Live.

Had a quick go on it, and man does the s pad suck. I thought you guys were exaggerating about how crap it was. I'll need to get a magic box or whatever it is, as I'm much more comfortable performing the moves on a ps2 pad. It's gonna be expensive getting on Live but I'm looking forward to playng against people of a similar skill leve to me (i.e. sf3 noobs).

Also was wondering, does an arcade stick really make that much of a difference over a joypad like say the ps2 pad? Do all the "experts" use one?

I mean using the analogue stick on the s pad was difficult enough me(although I did find it easier to do the quarter circle and semi circle moves, but others such as the motion for the shoryuken were quite diffcult to get out), so I'd have thought it would be a lot harder for me to get some of the moves out on a good arcade stick.

Also another question, what's the deal with Remy's blue nocturne super art? IIRC when I did it you see the blue flash and the sound of a super art being activated but then there was nothing, unless I fudged it up.

Comment

I played a really annoying ken today. He was decent, but cheapish. I couldn't figure out why I was getting beaten so much. I finally figured out what he was up to, also that he couldn't parry. So he's got about 20 wins against me, I beat him silly after figuring him right out....and he quits! WHAT A ****!

Comment

Hi guys, please add me to your friends lists so I can join in the fun. Im not very good but I am polite and excitable. Also intersted in some world warrior / super sf2 action as I cant quite get to grips with sf3 yet.

I have been adding some of you from the ntscuk clan as I notice you are playing the game. My gamertag is winkles.

Moodmon thanks for the games tonight, you gave me a proper roasting but it was fun. Slowly getting to grips with the xbox pad and that may help my game by about 5%.

Does voice comms work? I havent heard anyone tonight. Apologies for my ridiculous commentary and sqealing like a girl when I choose the wrong character. Look forward to seeing some of you online

Comment

Winky, are you actually a girl? :P

Comment

Tom goes for the cyb0r already?
                      Last edited by Pij; 15-11-2004, 21:21.

Comment

had a few games with moodmon today too, which were pretty good, most went my way, but his remy beat me rather easily. maybe i should try using him, as i loved guile in CvS2...not sure why i havent bothered trying any of the charge characters in this yet.

i also had rather strange run in with a dropper today, the most awful gouki i ever saw, the guy had 20 matches-no wins on his stats, so why he decided to drop on me i have no idea

Comment

[Tries to spit on Fuddle. Which is a bit difficult when he's lying on his back, Super Art-ed to death]

Just...too...good...man...

Yes, well when my button bashing Chun Li fails, everything goes up the ****ter I don't like playing as Remy, as he's cheap (charge, projectile/flash kick, repeat) but it seemed to do the job. Not nearly as cheap as the ridiculously high priority low fierce on the shotos. That gets me everytime, even when I'm sure I've stuck the poke out in plenty of time.

Don't worry about the beating winky, a few more matches and you'll be kicking me senseless like everyone else. At least you got your first wins (wasn't a good night for old thunderthighs herself) sooner than me (I was up to around 65 matches before I got my first one).

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Salter
                            Winky, are you actually a girl? :P
                            join me tomorrow night to find out...

and do the voice comms work or is everyone i played very quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by gamefaqs
                              III: Blue Nocturne
                              ------------------
                              Remy flashes for a fraction of a second; if hit during that time, he counters
                              with a flurry of attacks. If not, he poses like a doof for entirely too
                              long. Only one Super Art can be stored. Pluses: just one--it does a LOT of
                              damage, considering how short the bar is. Minuses: the window of the counter
                              attack is incredibly small; it doesn't work against jump-ins; any move with
                              multiple hits (like a fierce DP or most Super Arts) will probably hit you
                              right out of it.
                              8)

Also, never use analogue sticks to play. You will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by winky
                                join me tomorrow night to find out...

and do the voice comms work or is everyone i played very quiet?
                                I usually play with the stick, but reveal if you're a bird or not and I'll play with headset ;p

Comment

Working...
                                X