No announcement yet.

Help me like Halo 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing better than telling people you don't know what you are doing. When you have the flag. And they want to win much too badly. Ahem.

Comment

If you don't like it after awhile, move on. You shouldn't have to condition or coax yourself into liking it.

Still need to play Halo 2 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by cinabar
        Finally, I'm not saying other people can't get used to the white button rubbish, but surely nobody thinks it?s a good thing?
        When I first read about the white button to talk thing I thought it was a terrible idea. The first Ghost Recon had it and it annoyed me loads. The first games I got into on Live were Rainbow Six 3 and PGR2 I loved the way that people just chatted while they played (especially in PGR2).

At first the while button annoyed me on Halo 2, but I got used to it very quickly to be honest. I now love the fact that non-while button is proximity chat only and while button is to everyone in Slayer or to team mates + proximity. It may cut down on random banter a bit but there is still plenty of room for that.

I'm so used to it now I press the while button to talk in offline split screen when I not even wearing a headset.

Comment

Originally posted by cinabar
          Finally, I'm not saying other people can't get used to the white button rubbish, but surely nobody thinks it?s a good thing?
          The only thing I find annoying about the system is that if you speak while in the enemy base - even on team talk - they can hear your every word. So, if you say that you are invisible hiding in their base, suddenly everyone is out looking for you! It's a real pain, and pretty poor design, because this does stop you from talking.

I would rather all games made you press a button to talk, at least that way you lose the awful shouters and noise makers!

Comment

I'll be on all evening Wednesday as well. Would be good to play with some people off here.

Instead of meandering ****ing Americans, who take it just a little too seriously.

Comment

Wednesday sounds good!
              The over serious american kids are really getting irritating.

I too don't really like the white button. It cuts off so quickly. My whole team should be able to hear me the whole time. I've noticed now that when someone dies I hear a quick "YEAARGH" down the headset. WTF is that?

Comment

Hey, if you guys fancy taking on the SHEER BRILLIANCE that is the RLLMUK Nubes clan, we'll be on Wednesday evening too. And don't worry - we're rotten. You guys'll be getting victory after victory.

edit - remember, a quick tap up on the d-pad activates the teamtalk too. I find it easier (well, more natural) than the white button of doom.
                Last edited by michael; 13-12-2004, 14:16. Reason: remembered about buttons

Comment

Firsty, the white-button-chatter lasts as long as you speak. You hear a radio noise noise on open, and again on close. When you die or kill, you can speak briefly to the killer\ killee, which is probably what you are hearing.

Comment

But it's the same sound effect each time...

Comment

Thought you had to hold it while you spoke oh well... that should bring down my deaths by gossipping statistic!!
                      Last edited by Mardigan8; 13-12-2004, 15:50.

Comment

Ah right...not sure what that is then Firsty. I know the elite can make funny noises when dieing that is louder than Master chief dieing by a long way...can't think what else it could be.

I do hear the 'use' sound all the time when online, which is pretty offputting. It's like a faint 'beep', and I'm sure it isn't meant to be happening.

Comment

That beeping has been driving me crazy. I keep thinking there's something I should be doing whenever I hear it.

Comment

I'll be cellotaping 'up' on the dpad on wedensday night.

That way you can hear every silly thing i say ^^

I've only been in one ntsc clan match a while back, i was delirious about your little sound icon flickering when you speak!! OMG!!1 Thats so cool!!! :/ I'm well sad.

Q? Can peeps hear me on the mic when i'm near them without me pressing the white/up button.
                            And you only need to press it once?

CHeers

Comment

Yep, if you're close to people they'll hear you. I think it actually comes thru the speakers. Maybe they changed that, I dunno.

I don't think you can hold the speak button down...

Comment

Q - yes they can, even the enemy. And yeah, you only need to press it once, when you stop talking (or making a noise) it clicks off again. You can hear the on\off sound of the mic.

Comment

Working...
                                X