No announcement yet.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any idea how to invite people into games or join friends already in games?

squirtle was online the other day and i couldnt find him or join him no matter what i did

camps

Comment

Originally posted by camps
      any idea how to invite people into games or join friends already in games?

squirtle was online the other day and i couldnt find him or join him no matter what i did

camps
      To invite someone, you have to do so from within a game you're playing. Press start and go to the friends option. If they're online, you can just send them an invite (although they have to check their friends bit as well to see if they've recieved anything (which is a bit of a pain) i think - correct me if I'm wrong).

To join someone, they have to be in a game and they're has to be space available in the game they're playing (like only 4 places out of 6 available kinda thing).

Hope this helps. I did see you on, actually, then when i got round to doing anything, you'd started to play Phantasy Star Online, so i never bothered as I didn't think you'd want that interrupting.

Anyway, next time I'm on, will send ya an invite.

Comment

(although they have to check their friends bit as well to see if they've recieved anything (which is a bit of a pain) i think - correct me if I'm wrong).
        I think a prompt pops up at the bottom of the screen to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
          (although they have to check their friends bit as well to see if they've recieved anything (which is a bit of a pain) i think - correct me if I'm wrong).
          I think a prompt pops up at the bottom of the screen to let you know.
          Does it? What's it look like? It's not that little shield with a lightning bolt in it, is it?

Comment

No, that means your invulnerable to attack. I think its like a small envelope or something at the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
              No, that means your invulnerable to attack. I think its like a small envelope or something at the bottom of the screen.
              Ah...

Comment

You guys up for RTCW tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Prine
                  You guys up for RTCW tonight?
                  Would love to mate, but am at a bar-b-q for someone's birthday.

To be honest I'd rather be playing this, but you know how it is...

Comment

If anybody is up for a bit of RTCW, please send me an invite or add me to your buddy list.

Gamertag = Trok REAPER

Squirtle, I see you are in to your Burnout 2 at the mo (will have to pick that up soon) but if you fancy taking a (fairly) newish player through the ropes on RTCW then drop me an invite when your are next online.

Was player Elimination on the village level last night, 6 on each team and no slowdown, it was farrgin ace

Cheers
                    TR

Comment

Right i'm picking this up tonight after work so i'll be up for a game Trok!!

Let me know if your interested

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Trok REAPER
                        Squirtle, I see you are in to your Burnout 2 at the mo (will have to pick that up soon) but if you fancy taking a (fairly) newish player through the ropes on RTCW then drop me an invite when your are next online.

Was player Elimination on the village level last night, 6 on each team and no slowdown, it was farrgin ace

Cheers
                        TR
                        No worries, mate.

The problem I have is Burnout 2, at the moment. Monday night saw me playing solidly from 8-12.30am. Last night, i was playing from 7-1am. I haven't played a game in this manner for ages.

Will try and drag myself away for a bit of Wolfenstein. I'm no expert, but seem know my way round a few maps now.

And i do Elimination but it's hard to find a decent game of that. Most people play objective. Sometimes its just nice to shoot each other.

Comment

I'm about aswell...

Had fun lastnight playing Norway againest 2 clan types and 1 other(TXP or something) all by myself!!! I even managed to win a couple of games.

I'm enjoying palying Elimination at the moment..it really improves your skills.

Comment

Ok

Welrain, Tommy, Squirtle, hopefully some of us can hook up tonight, its a right laugh when you get decent people on your team. I think I will be on from around 7. Squirtle see if you can tear yourself away from Burnout 2 for a bit, don't want to kick the ass out of it, eh?

Tommy, yes mate I am up for a game. Not too sure about the friends system though, last night it would let me invite people to a game but that seemed to be the only option, I did not spend much time with it though tbh. Hopefully, we can work our way round it??
                            When I finished playing I saw that I had an invite to play RTCW from a friend, I did not see anything pop up during play so you may have to check your friends list during rounds occasionally until we are more clued up.

The reason I was getting on with elimintion is that I dont really know the objectives that well for each map. I know the beach and the village with the gold stealing action but that is about it. I really don't mind what type of game we play though, just need to find a decent server.

Welrain, add me as a buddy when you get the chance and we will get a game going.

Hopefully, we can get some shooting action in tonight, so see you then!!

TR

Oh, and anybody else that fancies a game, Camps, Prine etc, all are welcome

Comment

I'm up for it, although I'm usually not on until after 10. We should do a quick poll to see who has the fastest connection for hosting the game. I've got a 256 upload so I can host 6 easily, but can push for 8 as long as its all UK based.

Destruction is a really good map to play, its got a decent area in the centre and you get some great battles to control it.

Beach Invasion is also good, but a bit overly played.

Comment

G-funk

I have got bog-standard BT broadband, I presume that is 128 upload???

We will keep an eye out for you come 10 this evening though and send you an invite accordingly, might be worth adding some of us to your player list, if you have not already?

TR

Anybody fancy hosting??? please give a time if possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X