No announcement yet.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, see you guys online tonight then - have we got a time?

Also i'll be a noob as i'm buying it tonight so go easy

Comment

Trok Reaper, are you on the 512k BT Broadband? As far as I know if you are you should have 256k upload.

I'll add you guys to my list later then.

My Gamertag is Eightbit BTW, just in case your wondering who the **** I am when I send you a friend request

Comment

G-funk

Yeah I am on BT 512k broadband, so that means I have just made up another 128k upload in the past 20 minutes, woohoo

Mine connection does run through my PC as I ain't got a router yet and just leave the cable hanging down the stairs through the house.

I have not hosted a session yet but am happy to give it a go unless someone has got a better speed.

I will be looking to get on just before 7. So if we could make it a 7 tee-off and see who turns up. Everybody happy with that?. I guess I can tailor the hosting options as we go, ie keep some places for private use etc.... will just have to try it and see I guess.

TR

Comment

Tommy

Trust me I ain't no battle hardened vet meself, more of a cannon fodder for others, but it seems that for Elimination matches you really want to be a Lieutenant or a medic. Lieutenant can give ammo to the medics at the beginning of the match and the medics can hang behind just a fraction and toss them medi kits about or get busy with the life saving syringe when things start cutting up rough.

For objective matches you then bring engineers and soldiers more into it, blowing walls etc. That about the limit of my knowledge and I am sure some people won't agree with that either but thats the way I have been playing it. It can be a lot more tatical than that but lets not rush ourselves along to quick. You will be fine. Also, might want to up the control stick sensitivity, otherswise you do turn slooowww. I have got my setup a bit like my Halo controls.

BTW, if you dont hear anybody speaking hit start and go to change class and check the bottom right hand box (voice settings) is set to general. I thought it was a bit quiet until I went to this box to find it was set to off somehow

Whatever, we will just have a laugh.

TR

Comment

Must...resist...Burnout 2...

By the way, I have a 1meg NTL cable modem, but god knows what my upload speed is.

I may join the party later on.

Comment

1 mg NTL is 256k upload. I'm on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
                1 mg NTL is 256k upload. I'm on that too.
                Ah...

Is that good?

Comment

I'll try an join at about seven if i can get on tonight

Comment

256k upload is good for us bandwidth deprived peeps in the UK, some people in the US get SDSL, which basically means that their upload is equal to their download. So a 1mg line would be 1mg in both directions.

but hey, its better than nothing.

Comment

I'm using Pipex so its 128kb upload for me.

I'll be around most of the night..although squirtle has issued a BO2 challenge....must resist!

Comment

me, trok an tommy are on live now

Comment

Whats the server name, I sent you guys a friend request but you might not see it yet

Comment

Guys i'll host a game tonight, 9:30pm

Comment

Thanks for the games last night Trok, really enjoyed em 8)

g-funk was it you who was with the old rocket launcher? ! ^ ^

Comment

No prob Tommy, I really enjoyed it You seemed to pick it up really quickly.

G-Funk (aka Eightbit) is certainly a handy player, he was the top player in nearly all the games I played on his team.
                                We had a few 'object' matches later in the night, where me Eightbit and The Cat were trying to storm the beach. That was a right laugh, was working well as a team in the end.

He is a good player although I do have a bit of trouble hearing him as his voice comes across very quiet. Also, what with him being Scottish, he tells me to grab the documents and I thought he said call an air strike and blow everything up but we got there in the end.

Gonna be on again tonight, so if anybody fancies it, please let you intentions be known here. I should be on between 7-7:30.

Anybody worked out a way of finding games that have your friends in???

TR

Comment

Working...
                                X