Gamertag Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamertag Fraud

Turns out some little muppet has been on live telling everyone on my friends list he is Mardigan8 and wants a game of Halo

After talking to Yoshimax who let me hear his message we decided that somehow this lad is using the profile from my old XBox, which I gave to Game as a trade in for my 360. So looks like the little **** is piggybacking my 360 Gold live account on my old XBox. Gonna get in touch with XBox live team and let them know the situation, see if they can sort anything.

If anyone gets an invite to play Halo2 from me IT IS NOT ME, as I no longer have the game so if possible please join his game and let this lad know the situation and that he must delete the profile or risk getting done for fraud.

I have out a pass code on my live account sign in but aint sure if this only works on the 360. With any luck he will delete the profile anyway and not show up.

Anyone got suggestions on other action I should take let me know.

Hopefully this was a one off and it my respected Gamertag will no longer be dragged through the mud :P hehe.

Cheers Fellas!!

I got one of these today some Scotish lad sending voice message. I actually responding saying I couldn't play.

Comment

Yeah, got your reply mate, it wasn't me inviting you though!! I dont even have Halo2 anymore so work that one out

If anyone gets the chance to speak to this lad IF he re-appears please put him straight on the situation. Hopefully it a one off though and the only Mardigan8 you boys will see online in the future is the one you know and love

Comment

Aye, it was a bit weird hearing some wee kiddy claiming to be Mardigan. Daft wee prick eh?

Comment

Uh, crikey. I just got that message now. O_o

Comment

Yup, got the same message. But I really thought it was you, and now my mental image of Mardgin8 is a little kid. ;/

Comment

Get that image sorted... folk who aint heard me much will think am some 9 year old sugar banger with his first XBox!! Am gonna be on for a good session tomorrow night to put all identity issues to bed

Comment

I wondered how all of a sudden you'd gotten really good at Halo 2!!!!

Comment

Cant you add a password?

You can set a one ueing the buttons like A,B,Left,Right. If you set a password then he'd have to know it as well to use your acount....... right?

Comment

That explains a lot, didn't think you where a 9yr old kiddy.

Comment

Cheeky,little bastard! so what happens if you go online when he's online or vice/versa?

Comment

Not sure about going online at same time, but I got a game fine myself last night on DOA and it was as if there was no problem, really weird!!

Jakeway - yeah, I put that passcode thing on the sign in but wasn't sure if it would come up on an old XBox... might just be a 360 thing?? If it does work on old XBox sign in then great but not sure about it.

Hopefully it a one off but need to remain vigilant... please if you boys get the opportunity challenge this wee ****er and get him told, cause there no way I be able to do it

Bignige - My Halo2 skills aint poor at all, just out of practice

Sent a note to XBox live support so hopefully they come back with some kind of solution to this little problem.

Comment

What I can't understand is why you didn't wipe all your savegames (as that's where the Xbox live stuff is kept)?

I hope you didn't have that automatic credit card purchasing thingy switched on, or the little git could potentially purchasing extra levels and stuff with your credit card!

Comment

Lolers,

Mardigan you spoon, Ill see if I can see this imposter over the weekend, Ill challenge him to a 1v1 the winner takes your Tag

Quality....

Comment

Ah, wondered what this was...

Comment

Working...
                              X