Geometry Wars high score and achievements challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geometry Wars high score and achievements challenge

I noticed no one has done an official Geometry Wars high score thread so here it is...

Anyway, I can announce at long last after numerous attempts in trying, I have finally beaten Silvergun X's high score!

My highest score now is 2,254,380 and I'm currently 559th best in the workd!

I had summat like 9 lives left at 2 million and then it went crazy!

Oh, I've done all the achievements except the 1 life 1 million one.

Can you beat me?

P.S. Another Joe, I'm not gonna stop until I beat your high score!
    Last edited by phillai; 18-02-2006, 15:37.

Mark my words.

You're going down.

Comment

kekeke

No harm in trying!

Comment

You know it.

I'm not doing too hot today though - Struggling to breach 1.5 mil.

Comment

I can't get past 250,000.

I really need to play this more.

Comment

Man tell me how you do that good

I been playing constantly and geting max 350k.. and might sound lame arse and retarded to you but the 394k I got today really made me feel PRO and ownage at it.

Seems its not that great achivement LOL

Comment

oh is it just me or is this the ohnly game you guys are playing on your 360 now?
              I have the following
              PDZ
              COD2
              Fifa 06
              DOA4

Did also have Kong/Condemed/Kameo

And all i seem to play is GM, am I wrong or not apprehciating the 360 enough?
              Just feels most launch games can't hold my attention span more than 20 mins at a time.

Comment

lol
                The only other 360 games I have are RR6 and PDZ.
                Geometry Wars is all I've been playing mainly.

Only strategies I can suggest for you guys is this.

1. Weave in a straight line rather than going straight - Later on the red hunter ships can only chase after you in a straight line thus making it easier to shoot back at them after their 1st bull charge toward you.

2. Try and shoot where you're heading towards even if there's nothing there. Later on when it's hectic the amount of baddies will overcrowd the amount of ammunition your ship has.

3. Keep moving and try and not go backwards. Shoot your way thru what seem like **** loads of enemies and only shoot back when you have the time to breath in the game or only when an enemy that is charging after you has a higher speed faster than your own ship.

4. This game really is like a shoot em up version of Tetris. There's a strategy for all the enemies and you will only discover this properly when you keep playing it.

5. Keep at it! You get better the more you play it! Get your mates on your friends list to play as well. That will give you and them motivation to beat each other.

This is all I have to say but if you get stuck or anything give me a shout and I will try and help you guys!
                Last edited by phillai; 18-02-2006, 16:39.

Comment

I have Ridge Racer 6, Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3, Full Auto, NFS Most Wanted and Dead or Alive 4. So it ain't the only game i've played!

Comment

Oh my gawd, this is addictive video crack man!
                    I love the intensity of this game so much!
                    About getting an all time high score today, I have beaten it once more again!

My score is now... 2,453,660

Comment

I cant stand replaying everything from the beginning, its too boring at first

Comment

I'm now at 990.000 , my goal is to get 1.8 million to beat a friend of mine.... so I have a long way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
                          Tell me about it, I find I get bored and then just die around 50,000 Bit embrassasing.

Comment

Geometry Wars is one of the only games to have had me reach that Peter Moore's much-touted 'Zen of Gaming' - after only around 15 mins or so.

problem is, after i've reached this 'Zen' and the game ends, blind frustration soon sets in. I'll usually get my best score during this 'Zen' and won't hope to reach that in the subsequent games, so I just turn off after 'Zen'. starting over at the boring beginning doesn't help either!

what i like about this, though, is how it appeals to my emulation side so much. it got me wondering - one of the main reasons i play emulated stuff is not for the nostalgia (which quickly fades) but the simplicity that's become lost.
                            now something like geometry wars, with the wicked graphical effects and the song, and the stupidly-simple controls, is heaven-sent - it has the best of both worlds.

I'm at 171700 at the moment so at least i beat Shakey_Jake

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
                              yup. would be good if you could start off at specific points... 75k is about fine for me, never last much beyond 150k

also, this is probably in the wrong place but just how random is the game? there's been times where i've had those tiny little 'y' shape enemies spawn at about 80k and other times never at all... are there specific triggers or something??

Comment

Working...
                              X