No announcement yet.

Geometry Wars high score and achievements challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i've managed 780,000 now and survived 250,000.The only things that were giving me trouble were the tiny little blue butterfly things that appear in each corner,but i've now figured them out so hopefully 1 million won't be too far away

But man oh man,is this thing addictive.Never has the term 'just one more go' been more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
      P.S. Another Joe, I'm not gonna stop until I beat your high score!
      Well, I look forward to this. My current registered hi-score is 3,1 mil but my real score is 3,4 mil. I've started playing before my wireless adapter could connect to Live, so it didn't count. Anyway, once I have learnt how to survive after the 3 mil barrier, I guess my score will go much higher. But still many hours to practice. Once you reach the highest difficulty setting (where the reds are spawning all over the place, not just in corners), most mastered strategies become useless. But it takes a lot of time to get up there and once have reached the point, it's Game Over in 5 minutes. So, if you do the math, for 20 minutes practice in the hot zone, you have to play 2 hours That's at least until you become better and are able to survive longer.

Anyway, nice competition, phillai

Comment

YES! Just got 4 mil. The Top 10 is in sight...I guess.

Comment

bladee ell...

Well done lad! I suppose that's the benchmark for all of us now!

Comment

I'm still stuck on the 2.8 mil mark at the mo, but its coming together. A few more days practice and I'm sure the 3 mil mark will be covered.

Comment

This game's getting easier by the day. It surprising how much there is to learn about enemy wave flows and blackhole control.

Comment

Not played this for about 5 days but started playing it again and I'm consistantly getting over 2 million...

Another score is achievable!
                Fancy coming to my house and doing it for me?

Comment

Maybe! Where you live?
                  Better still, are you coming to crisp rappers meet?
                  I have been playing this very sparsely now and I can easily get over a million now.
                  My last two games I got over 2 million. I seem to just limit myself to one or two games now rather than play it non stop for 2 hours.

Comment

2.9 million then, argh the red guys are doing my head in.

Comment

Fook, what a buzz today!
                      I swear I play much better at this if I play it after a few days of not playing it!
                      My first game of this was just shy of my best ever score at just under 2.4 million but just had my 2nd game just now and only got 1.8 million but I've finally got that damn last 1 miilion on 1st life achievement that has been bugging me for ages!

Comment

I've finally got that damn last 1 miilion on 1st life achievement that has been bugging me for ages!
                        Congratulations! This is psychologically a huge milestone. Now I want to see you closer to my score - but don't dare to get better

Hope to get 5+mil soon...

Comment

You will know when I get it when I post on here!
                          Any else been trying hard recently?

Comment

Well, I'm not sure if you guys were aware but I attended a games meet at crisp rappers house a few weeks back and beat my own score on his log in name... DOH
                            Well, I've finally eventually beat it again... 2,530,910 COME ON!!!
                            BTW, congrats to Another Joe for getting an insane high score today of 8,763,935
                            17th best in the world too! Nice!

Comment

BTW, congrats to Another Joe for getting an insane high score today of 8,763,935
                              17th best in the world too! Nice!
                              Thanks, phil, but it's a bit frustrating now: I'm right before the point were I could theoretically play endless (like the top 2), but I'm still making unnecessary mistakes all the way. Argh, keep practising. This game eats me alive...

Congrats to your new score. You have to keep practising at the highest difficulty now. It takes a loooong way until you get there and then you only can practise for a couple of minutes. This is a hard phase that you must overcome now... Once you got it, you'll get scores like mine.

Comment

I have noticed this though that has improved my score...
                                I wasn't aware that you could play your own music whilst playing the game.
                                I been playing Geometry Wars to some heavy trance music, lately.
                                I recommend Gran Turismo 4 Kicks - Makes me feel so aggresive when I play this!

Comment

Working...
                                X