Chrome Hounds - This is WAR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvergun X
    Of course, after 6pm then Brats, Chopemon and myself will bring the pain!
    **** yes!

i'm even planning on cutting out that annoying part of the evening where i have to cook. it'll be a simple oven pizza tonight, no time for anything else

the goal for tonight: reclaim the capital and push out so we can see another level!

Comment

What's the URL for following the war via the net ?

Comment

it'd be really nice if there was a web based hound customisation tool that let those of us who are bored construct mechs at work which are then loaded to our 360 next time we log on

it'd cut out a lot of time before getting into the evening's matches

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon
          it'd be really nice if there was a web based hound customisation tool that let those of us who are bored construct mechs at work which are then loaded to our 360 next time we log on

it'd cut out a lot of time before getting into the evening's matches

How come this game seems to of gone from ****e to fantastic overnight. Played the demo and read the early comments on the terrible online implementation and thought no more about it, but reading both threads over lunch it seems that this is now the live game of choice. Is it a game you can buy and then jump straight in online ? or do you have to play through the SP to get a mech worthy of the war ?
          Last edited by Simmy; 13-07-2006, 13:57.

Comment

Nice, I didn't realise Gorjax was also commander. Sorted then!

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
            What's the URL for following the war via the net ?
            It's on the Japanese chromehounds website. I'll link in a bit.

How come this game seems to of gone from ****e to fantastic overnight. Played the demo and read the early comments on the terrible online implementation and thought no more about it, but reading both threads over lunch it seems that this is now the live game of choice. Is it a game you can buy and then jump straight in online ? or do you have to play through the SP to get a mech worthy of the war ?
            Offline is meh. Online is absolutely sublime.

When you first start playing online and choose a faction to fight for, you do get given a very basic hound which will do for fighting, but isn't anything special, for any class you choose. However with the money that you earn in battle, and start off with, you can purchase more powerful parts.

You can even enter special part lotteries for 'experimental', prototype and enemy captured parts.

You can only participate in the war if you're part of a squad, otherwise it's simply free/ranked battles regardless of faction. However starting / joining a squad is very easy to do.

When you're participating in the war, you can only play with other members of your squad. It's incredibly easy to get everyone together, as there's a 'squad lobby' where everyone meets and talks when you're just doing things like checking out the map, looking for a game.

If you want to meet up with the rest of the squad, you simply go to 'Squad Rendevous' and it will tell you exactly what games your squad are waiting for, and place you in them.

In a way, it reminds me of what Halo 2 did to the original xbox. Everyone together in a lobby, all following each other into matches. I'm not joking when I say that Chromehounds is a defining xbox live experience. It was made from the ground up to be played online and it really shows.

Comment

Yep I'l second Silverguns sentiments - Sublime live integration (now it's working). This is the direction I want to see more 360 online titles head rather than the same old create a private match and then invite your mates in setup.

Comment

Not sure if this is what Yoshi was looking for http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromeh...eaderboard.php

Certainly sounds superb, and a continual online war is something I've been wishing for since battle field days.

In a way, it reminds me of what Halo 2 did to the original xbox.
                Sold Any squads with room left ?

Comment

I think there's going to be a requirement for an ntscuk splinter squad

Comment

aye i need to join a squad, give us the name and sign myself up ! ready for action !

Comment

Ah well its bought, better be good Should be about all night on it from about 7pm, if any squads need a n00b to boss about

Comment

i have just got tomorrow booked off to help defend tarakia before i go on holiday

it may be a late one tonight...

Comment

ooooo can we have ntsc/night watch? any one esle going to be on till about 2 cause im going to be on from about 11pm

Comment

Im gonna be on all night from 10 again unless i decide to watch Syriana

Comment

Nice - you boys got the nightshift covered then ? Be on from about 6 (can the gym) for some war.

Comment

i'll be on from about 7 after i go to sainsburys on the way back from work. i'll keep my self doped up on coffee and sugar and see how long i can manage.

then i'll hit it up tomorrow day time as well

let t3h c4rn4ge commence

Comment

Working...
                                X