No announcement yet.

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PM's lvl100 as of yesterday with an 81 in striking for all of your sword synthing needs you know who to come to lads.

Popping on now.

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy
      Not got an S rank on the bosses yet, I was wondering what you thought was so funny about the previews
      They're not normal previews, instead of a video showing whats happening next with the narrators voice over, its a black screen with the text "Next time on Phantasy Star Online" with a couple of the cast chatting about the next episode much like Cowboy Bebop did. One was Karen arguing with Ethan because she thought he had the hots for Maya. I've only seen a few and its only been when I had a S rank, could be wrong though.

I think you have to skip the last scene for the chapter plus the song, skipping the song alone doesn't seem to do it, then the voice preview replaces the video one.

Doesn't Sheena say something like "All your safety are belong to us" at some point early on?
      She says several
      Last edited by Riskbreaker; 13-11-2006, 00:05.

Comment

Getting a bit bored with this now. It's blatant you need more than B class weapons for farming B missions on your own. It takes ages with a full set of 5*s.

Been doing A ranks this weekend but you never end up with any items or money in a full party.

Still miles away from attempting a Gigaline.

Comment

Thats why a took a bit of a break from the online mode and ploughed through the storyline this weekend. Which isn't actually to bad, its no Final Fantasy, but its not a bad little story and you'll get a glimpse of what content is on the horizon (can be a good thing or a bad thing).

Got two chapters left to finish this week, then I'll jump back online to level my PM and my CAST to lvl 10.

If they don't patch this week I think I'll have had my fill of the game for the time being and will have to find something else to play until there's some more content kicking about.

Comment

The new content will be up either this week or next according to a rep on the official site.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsout
              The new content will be up either this week or next according to a rep on the official site.
              Hopefully they'll put up the bloody Hunters Licence as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsout
                Yeah, 2 - 3 weeks from release according to one of the official forum admins, I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Looking forward to it. Class A weapons FTW!

I'm starting to get a bit bored of it myself, so a new planet and some new content is going to keep things fresh. Quite nicely timed, actually...

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker
                    They're not normal previews, instead of a video showing whats happening next with the narrators voice over, its a black screen with the text "Next time on Phantasy Star Online" with a couple of the cast chatting about the next episode much like Cowboy Bebop did. One was Karen arguing with Ethan because she thought he had the hots for Maya. I've only seen a few and its only been when I had a S rank, could be wrong though.
                    Aw man hopefully they'll end up on youtube I don't wanna play through again It's a nice story and that but as you say it's no Final Fantasy and I have no motivation to level up my character or synth some weapons I just want to get the story finished.

Anyone tried Extra Mode? I had a go last night but I was hoping it'd be like the beta was just on your own but it was just the free missions from the Story Mode. Might get into it if I can't wait any longer for the GL to be released.

Comment

Yup extra mode is pointless, its no substitute for the PSO equivalent.

As you said synthing in solo mode is a waste of time, I've never been at a point where I can't buy the best weapons or armor available. And since they managed to make lvling Pete even more tedious than lvling your PMs (Yes, its true) you'll be trying to synth with crap syth rates anyway.

I'm level 47 at Episode 11 and I 've only tried two missions runs that the game hasn't asked me to.

Comment

Guess who found another Relic Edge today.

Been lvling ranger in preparation of Figunner and I've been hating it. I can't wait for this update so I can get synthing some proper weapons and switch to an expert class. Not to mention some new scenery.

Comment

Lucky Bast

Comment

I'm still undecided whether I' going to go Fortefighter or Figunner, it basically comes down to which will be sacrificed: S rank Spear/Sword or S rank Twin daggers/Double Saber. I'm edging towards the Figunner based purely on my love for the daggers but I know I'll miss my spears. I can't decide man.

Comment

Right, I'm offically fecked off. I can't S-rank the Episode 11 boss. Not because he's kicking my arse, not because my characters are gimped, but because within the 2 minutes you're allowed in which to score an S-rank, there are only three points at which you can hit him using a hunter. I've tried several times and its exactly the same each time, the least I can get down to is 4 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker
                                As you said synthing in solo mode is a waste of time, I've never been at a point where I can't buy the best weapons or armor available. And since they managed to make lvling Pete even more tedious than lvling your PMs (Yes, its true) you'll be trying to synth with crap syth rates anyway.
                                How does leveling Pete compare to your own PM online then? I never bothered much on the beta since I didn't play it for long. I've synthed some of my own weapons in story mode so I can get elemental ones (I haven't seen any for sale anyway) but yeah, there's no real motivation cos I'm pretty loaded as Ethan and it's not like you can sell stuff to anyone. Only reason I didn't buy the GL when it popped up briefly was cos I was still intending to get the PAL copy, bummerz.

Comment

Working...
                                X