This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
    The L2/R2 triggers are awful in everyway, but apart from that i refuse to buy the same game on two formats. So i'll just be playing in the 360 events.

Johnno is Sunday night around 10pm ok for you?
    Really sorry mate I cant play tonight how about tomorrow same time?

Comment

No worries mate, tomorrow is fine.

Comment

Actually contrary to popular belief we got the game played

Manchester United 4-1 Real Madrid

Another great entertaining game and with some better finishing from ajay It could have been much closer. Great good sporting game it was a pleasure mate

Now on to Barcelona 1999 for me

Comment

ooo our first finalist of the season is our last finalist!

Unlucky Ajay, we'll have to have third place playoffs in next seasons knock outs as a consolation.

Comment

Man Utd vs Bayern Munich, hope it is exciting as it was at the Nou Camp in 1999! Good luck to both you guys

Comment

Let me know when you can play Johhno. Im away from Friday for the weekend and out on Wednesday night.

Comment

Good game Johnno, i couldn't get going at all in that match. Oh well looking forward to the new one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
                  Let me know when you can play Johhno. Im away from Friday for the weekend and out on Wednesday night.
                  Hot about Tuesday night mate 1030ish?

Comment

Yeah ok. If it gets later than that though i might struggle - have to get up for work in the morning!!

Comment

Bayern 4 - 1 Man Utd

Ive finally got the knack of this version! Ha, bit late now!

Was a good game. Johnno could have scored straight from the kick off as my defenders were asleep and Rooney had a good chance from the edge of the box. I responded with some pressure though and hit the opst with a free kick, then the bar with a header. Eventually put some passes together to slot home from close range. Doubled the lead soon after with a Deisler running free down the right and arrowing the ball in to the net.

2-0 at half time then, and Johnno came out firing and had his best spell in the game i would say. My defenders seemed to go completely to sleep and nobody was passing to eachother. Saha was presented with a number of chances which he didnt make the most of. When the ball finally did go in the net with about 15 mins remaining to make it 2-1 and game on, i managed to go up the other end and put another one away with a little chip over the keeper from close range. And then the icing on the cake, following a converted rebound after a Deisler free kick again struck the woodwork.

Good game mate. It was in the balance just after half time when you really threatened to come back in to it. Got my first tounrament win though. About time!

Comment

Nice, a Pro Evo final at 9 in the morning?

Well done Marmite, you played well all the way through the tourney by the sounds of it. No stopping you winning this one.

Comment

Nah played last night mate, was just too tired to post!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
                            Bayern 4 - 1 Man Utd

Ive finally got the knack of this version! Ha, bit late now!

Was a good game. Johnno could have scored straight from the kick off as my defenders were asleep and Rooney had a good chance from the edge of the box. I responded with some pressure though and hit the opst with a free kick, then the bar with a header. Eventually put some passes together to slot home from close range. Doubled the lead soon after with a Deisler running free down the right and arrowing the ball in to the net.

2-0 at half time then, and Johnno came out firing and had his best spell in the game i would say. My defenders seemed to go completely to sleep and nobody was passing to eachother. Saha was presented with a number of chances which he didnt make the most of. When the ball finally did go in the net with about 15 mins remaining to make it 2-1 and game on, i managed to go up the other end and put another one away with a little chip over the keeper from close range. And then the icing on the cake, following a converted rebound after a Deisler free kick again struck the woodwork.

Good game mate. It was in the balance just after half time when you really threatened to come back in to it. Got my first tounrament win though. About time!
                            Good description there mate I just couldn't believe that I didnt convert the chances I had in the second half even so when I saw how scored with his first touch after coming on I thought the omens where good (OLEgend) but alas it was to be great game mate you murdered me in the first half and then punished me in the second half.

Oh and well done with all your free kicks Ive never seen someone so precise every one you had hit the wood work how did you do that.

Comment

Cheers mate.

I wasnt that accurate though- hitting the woodwork is technically off target! Free kicks have always been a bit of a speciality of mine on previous pro evos and Wining Elevens actually. I remember on the last version when playing with mates, if they fouled me on the edge of the box, 90% of the time i would score, especially if i was using a Rooney (i used Man U a lot on the old version as i liked the wingers).

This one has been a bit different as i find that the level of power required varies drastically depending on the player taking the kick. There are a few in this game who are good at free kicks though and hit the ball in a way that compliments my style (the amount of serve and power i like to try and apply). Deisler is one of those for Bayern. I scored one goal last night in injury time to level a game against some guy ranked really high up before playing you. Went in off the bar, which is even more sweet!

Cant wait for the new version. Will probably stick with the 360 one, and hoping that all you guys who have been involved in these tounreys might as well. Dont have a PS3 and dont really fancy buying one for one game.

Comment

Yay! Well done Marmite and unlucky Johnno. You can bask in your glory by looking at the first post Marmite, you are the last winner of an NTSC-UK PES6 tournament! It brings a tear to my eye ........but we must move on to PES 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X