No announcement yet.

PS3 Trophy Leaderboard thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really bother with them now, I do still go for the occasional trophy if it adds something to the game but they seem largely pointless really.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
      I don't really bother with them now, I do still go for the occasional trophy if it adds something to the game but they seem largely pointless really.
      I just think of them as a nice distraction, and always have done.

While the trophies system isn't as accomplished as the achievements system on the Xbox 360, I still find myself squeezing more out of the games I own or that I have downloaded off the PlayStation store than I would if they didn't have any trophy-based structure.

An afterthought perhaps however, it makes me play the odd game or two more than usual.

Comment

For people who are iPhone users you may be interested in iTrophies. I'm not really convinced there's any point in it but I know some people are really into this sort of stuff.

Comment

I grasped hold of the platinum trophy in Resident Evil 5 the other day at long last!

I am gearing up to grab the platinum trophy for Wolverine, providing I can be bothered to find all the dog tags (85/95 at the moment) and complete the game - from scratch - on hard mode.

Linger in Shadows is pretty cool too but it's not quite what I was expecting from an interactive 'art' experience though.

Comment

Last edited by dotoko; 09-12-2009, 06:19.

Comment

Originally posted by dotoko View Post
              Motorstorm Pacific Rift (I don't have four pads for the split-screen trophy)
              Trophies like that utterly piss me off, same as the Burnout Paradise one that requires you to have a camera. None of the standard trophies should require extra hardware.

Having said that I only need minimal effort to get the platinum on BP (Invite someone online and get eight online players in the baseball stadium), I'm also really close on inFAMOUS.

Comment

i've just updated my one
                Am going to really try and finish game's and i think this is helping me finish games

Comment

Oh, I passed the level 12 yesterday thanks to Big Surf Island and inFamous.

I aim to grab the platinum trophy for inFamous then go back to Uncharted for my fourth.

Comment

I have updated mine, as I had a good run over the last week picking up 4 golds and a platinum (my 4th)

It's back to bronzes for a while now though as I go through Blazblue.

Comment

I unfortunatly have not earned a trophy for ages. I have so many games waiting to be completed, i just dont have the time. With a new baby around, i use my spare time playing Rock Band. Still its a great feature. Also when is the front page going to get updated with everyones gamercard?

Comment

Congrats on the baby mate! I remember you said you and your partner were expecting, but you never made the announcement so I didn't want to say anything.

Comment

Thanks mate! Highly appreciated! I have not posted as much now as i have now found i dont have as much time! Although now "he" baby Rylan has found a routine and sleeps through the night i am starting to have more. Its great though.

Comment

Hey cuber.. congrat's on the baby - i wish yourself and your family all the best...

PSN:- Johnnygames... ( almost got 1000 )

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
                              Also when is the front page going to get updated with everyones gamercard?
                              There's little point at the moment. When the things get updated dynamically then fair enough, but for the time being you still need to update the card to get it showing the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001
                                I unfortunately have not earned a trophy for ages. I have so many games waiting to be completed, i just dont have the time. With a new baby around, i use my spare time playing Rock Band.
                                Hey, congratulations mate even though I am a month too late in saying so! I occasionally wondered why you weren't online as often as you used to be.

Well done indeed.

I thought I'll pop into this thread to announce that I am selling my PlayStation 3 quite soon, at the end of August in fact along with my dozen or so games I own for the system as well as my small Blu-ray collection.

I will be going to Australia for a year so any money is good money for me right now. To be quite honest, I have long lost the motivation to play games for the past year or so. I always look at my games and struggle to grasp any enthusiasm to play them.

I do enjoy the odd PSN game or two as they are sweet and short experiences that can be played for however long you wish, which is quite nice for me nowadays.

So, I guess this is my last PSN profile update from me!

Comment

Working...
                                X