No announcement yet.

Killzone 2 NTSC-uk Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hour have people put into this so far?
    Tells you in the stats ....I've just clocked 24 hours online (not all in one go lol)

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
      Some of you lot must have spent absolutely hours playing this to get where you are, I'm nearly a sergeant after having few games.

How many hour have people put into this so far? Do I get anything for the ribbons & medals that I'm winning in the games?
      Medals & ribbons allow you use different classes such as scouts and you get abilities such as c4 explosives. Go to your stats and then unlocks to see how close you are to unlocking new features.

Comment

I'm quite a way from unlocking anything at the moment lol.

Just had another, I hate those bloody shotguns now!

I've got the Sergeant rank after a couple of games, not long until Sergeant 1st Class now. My sergeant badge has changed to for some reason, when I go into the My Clan page I've now got a white surround on the rank badge. I can see that somebody else in the clan has got one and somebody else has got a red one.

I can see on the website that (I think) it means that I've somehow got a Brigadier General honour rank which is awarded to the top 7% to 10% of players. Now I KNOW that I'm definitely no where near that so I'm not sure how I've managed to get it?

Comment

I'm at about 31 hours now... just for the online.

You'll come to love the shotgun when you get to Engineer, trust me. And no idea how you managed to get the honour rank - although I think there's a related trophy so you'll probably know if it's genuine or not by whether you have the corresponding trophy. I've seen a few people complain about inaccuracies with the online awards.

Comment

After last week I have put shameful amounts of time into it, but being off work and fancying those trophies, that was my goal (I don't normally play so much, honest!).

I don't know how much time I logged beforehand as I was general before i began but I'm now at 80 hours!!!

The white surround is for being in the top 10%, you can actually get this with one day's play as you only need 1500 or so points.. I got it by accident last week when I was trying to log points for THIS week, and I was only placed 22.000 or so for that week.

- although, a footnote to that is we haven't actually had the weekly tally yet, and as you only started playing this week.. it shouldn't be possible! Did you get the trophy?
            Last edited by Darwock; 29-03-2009, 00:14.

Comment

I was thinking it was something like that, I certainly wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the top of anything with this.

I've been asked by a mate to do some Killzone 2 artwork for him but I'm not going to do it until I can get hold of the official Killzone 2 font (AE Boilerplate Stencil Bold) for the text.

It's not a free font so I'm waiting for him to stump up the £19 to pay for it. While I'm waiting I've been having a play with textures, brushes, etc in Photoshop to get me ready for when I get the font and I ended up creating a some clan badges for our clan Clan Page.

Not sure if we want it but I thought I may as well do something as I'd spent hours messing around with the images.

EDIT:
              No, I didn't get the trophy. It only shows it in the game stats and not in the web site stats.
              Last edited by JP; 29-03-2009, 00:18.

Comment

Nice work John! Get it uploaded!

I had a look at the in-game clan page and yeah, the My Clan page is screwed up, but the Member Rankings page is fine and shows the real awards. Weird.

Comment

I'm hoping to get the top 6% rank this week, put in a good 10 or so hours this week. I don't think I'll ever get the top 3% or 1% trophies as I'm too busy with work.

Comment

There's some really annoying people playing this, in one game I had people on my side just shootig each other for some reason. I left the game, will somehow go against me?
                    Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                    Nice work John! Get it uploaded!
                    Cheers. I can't do anything with the clan stuff, I think it has to be the boss who does things like that.

Comment

I've never had that in this game (seen plenty in MGO though).. are you sure they weren't just trying to flush out the saboteurs? Anyway leaving games doesn't count against you at all as far as I can tell.

in fact - are you certain they weren't saboteurs in the first place? If so, after they shoot a teammate they will change to the enemy colours
                      Last edited by Darwock; 29-03-2009, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        I've never had that in this game (seen plenty in MGO though).. are you sure they weren't just trying to flush out the saboteurs? Anyway leaving games doesn't count against you at all as far as I can tell.

in fact - are you certain they weren't saboteurs in the first place? If so, after they shoot a teammate they will change to the enemy colours
                        It was a no badges game.

Comment

Tried to join you last night John but got disconnected a couple of times, was fine in every other room though.

Probably experienced the disonnection issue which is being patched - tomorrow I think.

Comment

I got a "disconnected from server" message in a couple of games which hasn't happened before. I was doing well in one of the games & badly in the other so I suppose I didn't win or lose anything when it happened.

I had a couple of really good games last night and I'm starting to get into it now. I did a match winning shot at the end of one of them, it was on the bridge level (don't know the name) and an assasination round. I was on the top of the bridge and it picked somebody right at the far end, one shot between a load of steel bars & barricades and I got him. I have to admit that I was more than a little surprised to get him as it seemed clsoe to impossible.

I had a bad experience in one though. I'd just got my medic badge and forgot about it until half way through the match. I was running around trying to revive team mates but didn't know how, sometimes it worked but other times I'd just end up shooting them or throwing grenades at them. I think I'll have a play with bots until I work out how the hell it works.

I'll be on it tonight sometime as I'm about 90 away from Sergeant Major, it shouldn't take too long with a bit of luck.

Comment

Bit late to the party here but I've only just seen the battle replay feature on the Killzone website - that's some seriously impressive stuff right there.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                                I had a bad experience in one though. I'd just got my medic badge and forgot about it until half way through the match. I was running around trying to revive team mates but didn't know how, sometimes it worked but other times I'd just end up shooting them or throwing grenades at them. I think I'll have a play with bots until I work out how the hell it works.
                                Corinth Crossing is the bridge level.

To use your primary ability as a medic, just hit left on the d-pad to equip the recovery gun, aim and fire (R1, same as fire with a standard weapon). Switch back when done.

Comment

Working...
                                X