Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super SF4 Tourney no. 1 - Knockout round now on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for 360 only? I'm enjoying it on PS3 and I wouldn't mind playing a few games. Not that I'm great or anything. I haven't played since SSF2X.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lost to the main man psyduck 3-2. I literally have no answers for his blanka even though it's supposed to be a matchup in Abel's favour. Just goes to show how good you are with him I suppose. Trying to take my Dudley down with jab was a bit rude though!

Comment

Am I to play Psyduck now then?

Comment

yeah it was a bit rude - sorry stakers! Nearly worked though - it's not a bad tactic against characters with no invulnerable moves like dudley and dan. And then when I did play properly i the last round you hammered me anyway...

Good games anyway, I'm sure you'll get the better of me sooner or later.

Moonwhistle, yep it's us up next for the final I think - let me know when you can do in the week, I will be on at some points today probably but not sure when.

Comment

heyhey. slow down
            your not in the finals yet mr moon.
            like i said on post #148 we have a game to play first. stakers played psy, we play, and then there is the final.

i can be all week this week so let me know when, your not getting to the final that easy...

Comment

Sorry snail, just assumed others knew what was going on! As organiser should probably have checked first!

Comment

Come on guys, get some concrete times posted when you can play...

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                  heyhey. slow down
                  your not in the finals yet mr moon.
                  like i said on post #148 we have a game to play first. stakers played psy, we play, and then there is the final.

i can be all week this week so let me know when, your not getting to the final that easy...
                  sorry for the delay mate, I can definately play this week, pretty much any day that suits.

Comment

moonwhistle and i got our games played at last and well i can safely say that i got my ass handed to me. looks like you might have to work at this one to retain that avatar of yours psy.

Comment

Right then moonwhistle, let me know when you'll be around

Comment

Psyduck is the winner. Well done mate.

I thought I'd be able to give his Blanka a better run for his money but alas it wasn't to be.

Comment

Yep, after an epic (in terms of time taken to finish at least!) tournament I have the honour of crowning myself the winner again.
                          Good games moonwhistle, the toughest game I had, and the first one where I didn't dare switch away from blanka.

Given the lack of success of this one, I'm probably going to do another ssf4 one. However, once I've got a free night with the mrs out I might try and get some one-night tourneys going using tournament mode in the game if anyone fancies that?

Comment

Congrats again Psyduck!

Comment

Well done dude, that tricky and unpredictable Blanka just keeps on winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                                Yep, after an epic (in terms of time taken to finish at least!) tournament I have the honour of crowning myself the winner again.
                                Good games moonwhistle, the toughest game I had, and the first one where I didn't dare switch away from blanka.

Given the lack of success of this one, I'm probably going to do another ssf4 one. However, once I've got a free night with the mrs out I might try and get some one-night tourneys going using tournament mode in the game if anyone fancies that?
                                Thanks Psyduck. I thought I knew the Blanka matchup pretty well but I had no answer for your play. As Blanka is so short and having the vertical ex ball and electrictiy I can't do the usual rufus rushdown or keep him on the floor or cornered. This leaves me having to turtle and punish which only works against lesser players.

I enjoyed the casuals alot. Of all of them I think the Dhalsim matchup was the closest and most enjoyable.

I'd be up for another tournament for sure. The tournament mode would be great if we can get everyone on at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X