Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mid
    Thats for the help guys.

Just watched the videos - I think I feel sick.
    Dont let them daunt you, they are really not that bad.

Have a watch, then have a play and try to learn the sections of the level.

Then go back and watch the videos again and break the level down into 2-3 sections. Learn what your buzz should be at the end of those sections, and then play again trying to hit the target.

If you break the level down like this you can quickly identify the weak areas of the chapter for you.

Just always remember to make use of level up invinsibility, and sometimes this means timing it at the best possible point (esp. on bosses).

Jot it down on pieces of paper if it helps - I have the boss strategies of the DVD player jotted down on paper for each wave of attack including level up bar level so I can try to emulate .

Comment

yay me!

Area 1: Earth
      6,446,000 / 1038

have to work on the score though - but the more i play it, the worse i get. i leave it for an hour or so, start again, cane it and get 1000+. bizarro

Comment

got it this morning, gave it the very quickest of razzles for a coupla minutes.
        managed around

2'000'000 on Earth, with a buzz of around 390
        for my first go. feels very similar to shiki 1.

Ill be practicing most fo the day, so see you shmuppers this evening.

QUICK QUESTION:
        In some menu selections and all boss encounters, the text that is displayed is all wavy and wierd, like its shaking left and right. Is this normal?

On level selecting, the backgound stars appear all smudged and blurry, this is for effect right? my PS2 isnt packing in? it had trouble loading the blue disc, it kept going to PS1 loading screen, then hanging. then again my system is messiah chipped, so maybe its confused.

cheerio

EDIT:
        rj, roughly where in suffolk do you live? I live (or lived until very recently) in suffolk.

Comment

The text when you reach a boss is a little hard to read.. and a little blurry but I havent experienced any of the other problems you have had.

But having just read your other thread about weird effects on your TV it seems you are having some serious issues

EDIT: Dont forget to check out the videos linked in the first page of this thread.

EDIT 2: I live near Ipswich in Suffolk, in a small town called Hadleigh

Comment

Get in. Aftera hefty Ika session last night I went back to this and for some reason started caning it like no tommorow. I close my eyes and I can still see the patterns...You know a game has infected you when this happens.

Psy Revision - Earth - Rules As Stated By RjPageUk

6,537,800 / 1052

FFS! I broke the 1000+ barrier! Go me!

I think we should start sending more video links. I want to see other peoples tactics as there are certain parts that I do differently than markb's vid. If I try to emulate his route, I don't get as high a score...hmmm. Something to think about.

Comment

I have my 7.5M score with 100 desctruction rate on video if people are interested. Maybe I could PM marcus and get it uploaded to here?

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                I have my 7.5M score with 100 desctruction rate on video if people are interested. Maybe I could PM marcus and get it uploaded to here?
                I'd love to see that. If you get it on somewhere else, please pm me with a link!

Comment

I've got a good boss run on XA saved to MPEG - shows how to keep the bar set-up for the entire fight.

"llllevel.............UP............Mr Annndersonnnn......"

Comment

practiced for a bit today, not as much as Id have liked, since I tried shlepping my set over to my folks to try on their tv. (real big bad assed set, one of the newer ones from sony, very nice)

anyway, practiced mostly EARTH level in revision mode.
                    821 BUZZ
                    4'8xx'xxx aproximately

Not quite Rj's 7 mill, or 1000 buzz, but hey, its my first day.

Quite like the valley level, can get some REALLY high buzz levels.

anyway, will post more as I get them.
                    ciao

Comment

aaiiieee! with this game you are really spoiling us.

Area 1: Earth
                      6,877,000 / 1091

i'll crack that pesky 1100+ mark. you mark my words. then i've only got the rest of the game to work on...

Comment

otaku84 I am afraid you are going to have to give us some slightly more accurate scores than "4'8xx'xxx aproximately".

Just note them down as you do them and I will add them upto the list. Cheers.

Comment

EDIT:
                          Earth
                          BUZZ: 1020
                          Score: 6318300

lvl 25

damn, so much to say about this afternoons playing, but Im off to get some supper, will give a brief of my thoughts when i get back

ciao

EDIT:
                          Not a bad score considering I was drinking cheap 90 pence shampaigne all
                          afternoon. (one of the benefits of living on the mainland)

Felt like my thumbs were bleeding afterwards, if I didnt do well I just soft reseted and started again.
                          I found, the best action was to not EVER fire, and instead destroy craft by ramming them, this caused my level meter to fill faster, allowing me to rub up against the bullets more often.

Quite hectic.
                          Felt more like a painting game eventually, get invincible, then quickly up and down really fast against a line of bullets in order to get invincible again.
                          Best not to shoot any enemies down, since they might end up all shooting at the same time, to make for some really big firing patterns. And you can build your destruction bonus by ramming them.

Hmmm, maybe a new challenge would be to see how far you can get by not actually firing once, not even at the bosses. super bombs ok, and ramjming is all thats allowed? Well dont look at me! Im not going to try that challenge.

NOTE:
                          Let me take this quick moment to say how pleased I am about the TATE mode being left in, as well the ability to switch the screen upside down, it makes for a very exciting diversion.

Comment

how much longer shall i let saur have his glory on Earth???

1217 waiting in the wings

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                              I've got a good boss run on XA saved to MPEG - shows how to keep the bar set-up for the entire fight.

"llllevel.............UP............Mr Annndersonnnn......"
                              or

Buzz this mr anderson ^_^

Comment

Starting to get Weakbosen sorted out, I just need to consistently lose no lives in the level.. still losing one or two on average :/.

I am now over 20m on X-A, X-B and X-C.

Post up your Earth score Mark. I dont think I will be getting close to your 8m score because I am going for 100 destruction every time and 7.5 is about the best I can manage with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X