No announcement yet.

Psyvariar: Revision ScoreBoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I finally got to try this out for the first time last night. I could have sworn it was somewhere in these contest rules to play with only 2 lives, but now I can't find that. I'm currently playing 3 lives (the default) default settings but not continuing, and a rotated screen so I'm lying down on the sofa.

After my first hour's play I'm only up to about 2 and a bit million on 1 and 2-A each, dying on 3-A's boss, so a fair old way to go before I get to real scoreboard scores. Loving it so far, though I really haven't got the hang of these short bombs - can anyone explain what to do with them?

Also, the Daley Thompson impression to get more concentrated firepower - does that make a score difference, or is it just helpful for killing things? I keep wobbling myself into bullets...

Comment

Originally posted by mid
      Well, I finally got to try this out for the first time last night. I could have sworn it was somewhere in these contest rules to play with only 2 lives, but now I can't find that. I'm currently playing 3 lives (the default) default settings but not continuing, and a rotated screen so I'm lying down on the sofa.

After my first hour's play I'm only up to about 2 and a bit million on 1 and 2-A each, dying on 3-A's boss, so a fair old way to go before I get to real scoreboard scores. Loving it so far, though I really haven't got the hang of these short bombs - can anyone explain what to do with them?

Also, the Daley Thompson impression to get more concentrated firepower - does that make a score difference, or is it just helpful for killing things? I keep wobbling myself into bullets...

I think the 2 lives thing was a mistake on my part, I keep thinking 2 is the default for some reason.

Dont worry about posting up low scores, all are welcome.

Short bombs are what happens if you hold down the bomb button, which is exactly the same as what occurs when you level up - you are invinsible for a short period of time. This is useful for absorbing huge numbers of bullets particuarly on bosses where you can make the most use of your invinsibility.

I assume with the Daley Thompson impression you mean wobbling the joypad? You can use any of the R (or L) buttons to roll for you meaning you dont have to jolt about to replicate this behaviour. Since we are mostly using pads it is just about impossible to properly roll without using the button, so we are allowing it in this thread.

Note: if you keep pressing R as opposed to holding it you will move faster.

Comment

Aaah, cool. Thanks for that - I'll post up some scores in the next couple of days once I've settled in a bit then. I vaguely remembered some discussion about whether rolling with the R button rather than joystick waggle was considered 'the done thing' or not, but as long as its a fair tactic I might well be better doing that. Apart from anything, my waggling attempts on the digital pad were enough that I stopped and moved to F-Zero after an hour or so, because my thumb hurt.

Comment

God i'm so nooby at this, but i'll post my earth score anyway. Played it solid for about 3 hours tonight....

Revision - Earth - Rules As Stated By RjPageUk

Score 5757100 / lvl 28 / Buzz 882

Agh, I need to do some work!

Comment

Apologies there will be no update to this thread until Sunday evening/Monday morning (sorry Ikaruga).

I am only on the net via the worst ISP in history and a 56K modem (this page took a good few minutes to load) so there is no way I will be able to edit the initial post until I am back home at the end of the weekend.

Apologies to all.

Comment

That's alright, as stated - I really need some quality time with Psy before I take recipt of my new Ikaruga copies (again..grr..) next week.

I watched Marks videos but I can't get near that. 900 buzz scores evade me, nevermind 1000+....

Comment

HAHA!!!

Just got in and rinsed Earth for 2 hours....my labouring payed off!

Psy Revision - Earth - Rules As Stated By RjPageUk

Score 5823400 / lvl 24 / Buzz 909

Also I realised that the level of my last entry was a misprint, it was lvl 22. Cheers.

Comment

Ok, I am back, so updates back to usual. Sorry all

Comment

I'm going to be playing Psyvariar again this weekend after a 4 month PS2 absence.
                    So looking forward to adding my name to the scoreboard. Some of my old scores would make it up there but I can only remember the buzz levels. No matter, I'm gonna break my old records soon enough. Last time I played I was up to Graviton w/out continues. Can't wait.

Comment

Some new scores for me finally.

Updated my Weakbosen score, and Overall score.

Despite still putting in about 1-2 hours a day, my score isnt improving very quickly, but I can consol myself in the fact that I have greatly reduced the bombs I use - usually none by the time I get to Graviton, and that I should get near 100m overall score by the time I unlock Gluon .

Comment

a few meagre scores

5,822,200 / 923

2-B
                        3,202,300 / 1385

3-A
                        2,924,500 / 1138

3-B
                        3,169,300 / 1211

X-A
                        4,482,900 / 1047

pick of the bunch - ok, not great - but they can only get better, i suppose. i may end up with gnarled, little crab-hands after playing this so much...

Comment

Well, yet again I've forgotten to bring my current scores into work to type them on the thread. However, I can see I'm really going to have to watch the videos through - while I'm already almost competitive on some levels (~2.6M on 2B, 3M on 3B, reaching stage 4) I'm apparently shockingly bad at stage 1. My highest is only around the 2.5 million mark, when everyone else is getting absolutely tons!

Anyway, my main reason for posting is to ask if there is a better way to get your scores written down; I keep having to wait for ages for the board to come around again, as I can't write them down that fast. Every other game seems to have an easily visible scoreboard - is there a way to get it to stay up?

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                            Well, yet again I've forgotten to bring my current scores into work to type them on the thread. However, I can see I'm really going to have to watch the videos through - while I'm already almost competitive on some levels (~2.6M on 2B, 3M on 3B, reaching stage 4) I'm apparently shockingly bad at stage 1. My highest is only around the 2.5 million mark, when everyone else is getting absolutely tons!

Anyway, my main reason for posting is to ask if there is a better way to get your scores written down; I keep having to wait for ages for the board to come around again, as I can't write them down that fast. Every other game seems to have an easily visible scoreboard - is there a way to get it to stay up?
                            You can look at individual scores on Replay mode's stage select - I just pause the game on the intermission to write down scores I get while doing a "run".

Comment

I always have a piece of paper handy to record my scores, beside the PS2.

Then I jot it down as I do it.

I often dont even save them to the game - I only save runs I did in normal mode to the game now after learning my lesson before when being stuck on a stupidly low level for learning X-B .

As for Earth - look at the video (link on first page of this thread). That shows 8M. Do your best to copy that and you should be able to hit 7M consistently.

Comment

Thats for the help guys.

Just watched the videos - I think I feel sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X