Psyvariar: Revision ScoreBoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otaku84
    damn, do I really need to be level 85 to acces level 3-C as stated earlier in the topic?

Ive been practicing and at the moment on the practice levels the best I can do is level 59

In game Ive only gotten 54 so far.

Any tips?
    what is level 3-C?

a list of needed levels would be great if anyone has them.
    By the end of Earth you should aim for level 30 to 32 - if you do a good run on Valley next (see video early in thread) expect to be at level 70 - 72 by the end of the stage. You'll then get XA which will take you beyond level 100. This is more than enough to unlock City (3-C) - it's all down to route, the difference between Valley and Volcano is about 20 levels. Once you tire of Valley learn Volcano and never look back as you level up LOADS on this stage!

The highest scoring route is:
    Earth (around 30)
    Volcano (possible to level into the 80 - 90s here)
    XA
    City (Cloudbank still offers good levelling but not as much as City)
    XB
    Colony
    XC
    XD

Comment

another day, another new score.

Area 1: Earth
      7,302,000 / 1148

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
        Originally posted by rjpageuk
        http://www.satcom.co.uk/images/misc/psy-earth-7564500.avi

You are indeed
        mines still higher score and level

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
          mines still higher score and level
          Why dont you post it up?

Ahh but do you get the bonus bomb?

Thats the reason I am doing it - it is worth more than 500k later on in the game, so I would rather forfeit the extra points and get 100 destruction (although I couldnt get near 8m without getting 100 destruction anyway!)

I wont be spending any more time practicing Earth ever I dont think, apart from when I do it in normal runs.

Things are starting to come together for me now, I just need to get consistent at Graviton, Colony and Weakbosen then it will be back to playing normal mode for me and hopefully breaking 100m, and unlocking Gluon!

Comment

This isnt good enough people... not a new score to add in 6 days.

GET PRACTISING .

A new capture card should be wingings its way to me by the end of the week so I will upload my vid of Photon (and any of the other X levels I can get a good run in by then) so you can get some tips on that level.

I got a nice 22.7M score on Photon with no bombs for you all to see .

Comment

For information:

The highest score of Psyvariar revision is 206,114,400pts which Yusemi attained in July, 2001.

The highest score of Psyvariar is 46,381,450pts which Yusemi attained in March, 2001.

Now we know what we are aiming for people .

Update on the capture card - new one arrived, cant get new one to work (I HATE PCs). If it ever works, I will upload a Photon and Weakbosen run since I have a good run in each saved to my card.

Comment

I'm playing like a complete plum these days!

Trying to do too much on too many games all at once >_<

Comment

Finally got the videos captured, so here you go. They are only 12MB each for 3 min videos so the quality it quite low, but it is perfectly adequate for seeing what is going on.

X-A Photon: http://www.satcom.co.uk/misc/photon.avi

Buzz in level: 1621
                  Buzz overall: 12290
                  Score: 22,708,200

Comment: Basically a perfect run for me (if I was being picky I lose about 300 buzz from poor timing of going into one of the bosses attacks).

X-C Weakbosen: http://www.satcom.co.uk/misc/weakbosen.avi
                  Buzz in level: 868
                  Buzz overall: 13347
                  Score: 21,377,200

Comment: Unfortunately I lose a life right at the start, but apart from this is a decent run. I dont buzz the level particularly well - I usually get 800-1000 Buzz from the level, and this makes a 200-400k point difference. Sorry about the death, I never managed to time the boss perfectly again since he is pretty hard on the timing. I also use 1 bomb on the boss, this is avoidable, but very hard, and you gain quite a lot of buzz through the use of the bomb so it is a good use of a bomb.

Comment

U norty boy!

I proper like your setup on Photon (15 secs in) - I have one similar but I start in front of the left enemy and streak across while firing - we play the rest of the stage the same

Your Heroness has awakened, I see you got the boss l0ck3d ! 8) The way you lined up the final attack was just GRIME! I hate you >_<

Wicked run on Weakbosen - my head was blowing-up when I saw it all come together perfect at (1min 35) and (2min 05)!!!! AGAIN You line up the final attack flawless - I'm still not comfitable doing that >_<
                    *9999 Viewtifuls*

Comment

Finally got round to giving this another play last night. Got an improved Valley score.

2-C Valley 7,201,700/4372

Comment

Thanks for that PH .

Come on peeps! The lack of updates here has caused me to go back to Ikaruga, and I havent even managed to complete Psyvariar yet!

Comment

My overall score's a meagre 26,954,000 on Revision. Level X-B, I think.

Comment

Thanks for that PH .

Come on peeps! The lack of updates here has caused me to go back to Ikaruga, and I havent even managed to complete Psyvariar yet!
                            I'll get BUZZed tonight and see what happens!

Comment

Thanks for that PH .

/me blows the dust off of psyvariar

Comment

Dont get me wrong man - I HAVE been playing it!

Just not beating any of my past scores >_<

XB is like a wall - if I get past XB on a good run I'm sorted!

Comment

Working...
                                X