Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im guessing the new equipment will be obtained from the new dynamis areas.

I hope im wrong though, Dynamis is truely one of the worst parts of the game yet needed if you want to obtain high level AF equipment.

If Dynamis was shorter, a maximum of two hours it would be good but the general way it goes is:

12:00 Gather Together
    12:00 - 13:00 Hang around while the leaders take a note of everyones choice of either AF or Money and take a note of attendance and update points.
    13:00 - 13:30 Create Teams - Hand Over Entry Fee and Collect Key Item
    13:30 - 14:00 Enter Dynamis - Buff - Wait - Buff - Wait
    14:15 - about 17:00 Fight After Fight After Fight while your machine lags so bad you cant always keep up with whats going on.
    17:00 End - most likely all for nothing.

Its a tedious part of the game that im debating doing again, its started to feel like im losing a big part of my Saturdays doing something I dont enjoy.

I would so much prefer it if they made dungeon crawls, Promyvion like but more of them and more varied, needed varied amounts of people depending on the reward.

Im hoping the new expansion is going to add another layer to the High End Level part of the game.

The God Runs in Sky are probably the best part so far and are truely tough and entertaining Boss fights with nice rewards, more of this would be better than more Dynamis in my opinion.

Comment

Apparently people have found info on scrolls for the San line of ninjutsu. However, it is unclear whether these have always been there or are new.

There has been mention of San tier in dats for ages but I'm not sure if that was just spell data (i.e. visual animation info) or whether it was scrolls too.

Exciting times though.

Comment

New weapons info is out, they all seems to be High level ones apart from the bard ones, lvl72-73, 1 weapon type for all weapon with a +1 and Enchament edition.

Sam one doesn't seem that good compared to everything else DMG80 is ok but nothing that stands out and is beaten by weapons of higher DMG, or lower DMG but much better stats or latent triggers.

Comment

Fist information on Limbus is coming out and apparently, informed predictions are that the new zones are related to an NPC in Port Jeuno and that it is this character who will provide you with Artefact+1 gear.

Current speculation is around whether you lose your regular AF when you obtain the corresponding +1 version. Yes some of the new equipment looks really good but do I really want to give up a perfectly serviceable set of level 60 cap armour for 74 equipment?

If it turns out that you do lose your AF set to get +1 but then you can request the NQ versions again I would do it without question. I could solo all of it without any problem.

Comment

Surely +1 versions of initial AF armor would be awarded / usable before level 70? I don't see the point otherwise, considering that the vastly improved AF2 gear can be had from dynamis areas.

Comment

All AF+1 is level 74.

The Relic armour sets are between 71-75 and in most cases aren?t considered direct improvements over the artefact sets. Often they offer unrelated stats.

Take AF WAR feet for example. Enhances Double Attack proc frequency (and considered end game by many WAR). Relic AF feet on the other hand enhances Berserk and is not considered as good.

Artefact+1 gear actual offers the same bonuses as the NQ set but much improved (with some extras) (i.e. AF+1 feet on the other hand retains the enhanced Double Attack stat but also offers VIT bonus over NQ relic).

All about the choice innit.

Then there is also the fact that relic armour is ridiculously hard to get (ask Wedge). Current signs indicate AF+1 is much more attainable.

Comment

I call "meh" on this one...

Most lvl 50-60 af gear is rubbish anyway, I would have thought SE would have treated us to a nice +1 version of the same gear at the same level, not 20 levels higher.

Of course, all this talk of AF +1 armor is probably speculation anyway, why have artifact armor for level 50-60 that is going to become redunant because it's level requirement needs to change?

Comment

I don?t think it?ll be easy to get, the requirements for Limbus seems to need access to Sea, and so far the LS as whole is a mile a way from it, plus im betting Limbus is 70-75 area just to be able to survive and be an assest.

Comment

I'm not saying it should be easy to get, but I'm also saying that it should be useful for the levels that the original versions were intended for. If they don't give you the option of change the AF's level OR leave its level at 50-60, then its just going to be a pointless quest that no-one would do.

Comment

There is a significant precedent to suggest that people complete even the most pointless of quests.

Its name ... is Tsingtao.

Last edited by vwilsonuk; 11-10-2005, 10:23.

Comment

The LS isn't that far from sea Tobal, as soon as Darwocks back we can start an all out rampage to get there. I assume we're all ready for the 2-5 BCNM now, what is our party set up for that one?

Hicory, Tobal, Tsing, Talizker, Darwock and Wedgemoon I assume and my guess it that we have

WHM/BLM
                        PLD/WAR
                        RDM/NIN
                        BST/WHM
                        SAM/THF
                        SMN/BLM or BLM/SMN from Darwock depends on his SMNs level and what he wants to do

Also Iceze is ready to do this one as well, not sure about Mosley or anyone else. I woud suggest we get us all thorugh it though if we can even if that means 2 runs with some repeats. Would be even btter if Rare, Apathye and Moot are ready soon as well, the Aquaducts would be easy for us to do for those guys as we now have enough in the LS to get them through and without the usual chaos.

After that I'm not sure what follows, but I can safely say I'm looking forward to it. I think the next stuff is 50 cap.

By the way how do you get sea access?

And I resemble that comment, speaking of pointless quests will someone do the Gustaberg tourist quest with me. We need 5 jobs under level 5 in a party, should take long at all but I have to do every quest. I'm afraid I'm mentally ill.
                        Last edited by Tsingtao; 11-10-2005, 10:30.

Comment

Just need to get Utsusemi-Ichi for the 12 > 20 blast then i'm ready. Hopefully if we can can do the BCNM20 stuff Thursday I should have everything sorted by the time Darwock gets back.

I'll come along for the Gustaberg tourist quest. SMN3 here and ready ^^

Comment

We have to fight some seriously nasty stuff, on a airship and do a 4 th promey(complete with nasty bosses)

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                              We have to fight some seriously nasty stuff, on a airship and do a 4 th promey(complete with nasty bosses)
                              That sounds great

Will I find myslef using NIN sub on RDM a lot in these kind of Missions as apposed to the normal BLM / WHM etc - or is it limited to specific BCNM type battles? If the next COP missions are 50 then 60 cap I maybe need to be think about taking NIN to 30 maybe before I do WHM / BLM to 40?

Comment

How about another Avatar fight tonight, maybe Ifrit.

The BCNM20's sound good but I wouldn't bank on that just yet, its really hard and out of about 10 tries I have not beat it yet.

As for Missions whenever is good for me.

I might not make it on this evening, bought the new Myst V game yesterday and was quite stunned by it, excellent graphics and it seems to have quite a nice story to it, so im going to try and put some time in on that tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X