This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goody Gumdrops.

I'm about all the time as you all damn well know.

Comment

Steamed Sprouts.... id be up for that if i have enough seals. Drks ment to be useful in that lol

Comment

Well thanks kinda, erm C' yeah its not for ulterior motives just alt- tabbing but its not imperative but an inconvenience not being able to look something up or check email. Its not very motivating for newcomers for such a simple issue to suggest not playing... thanks anyway but I'll pick my own game.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
          Well thanks kinda, erm C' yeah its not for ulterior motives just alt- tabbing but its not imperative but an inconvenience not being able to look something up or check email. Its not very motivating for newcomers for such a simple issue to suggest not playing... thanks anyway but I'll pick my own game.
          I just play on my 360 with my laptop next to me

Comment

I apologise if you thought my opinion was harsh but only because I have strong feelings against cheating in the game. Whilst Windower is not a cheat directly it does provide the facility for some potentially game breaking tools to be used more easily and that is why I hate it.

I ignored your first request for thoughts on Windower because I knew I had extreme opinions that you may not like but it was only when you pushed the issue that I decided to respond

If you do decide to use a Windower make sure you download from a reputable site (the homepage of the Windower would be a safe bet). I have heard some horrible tales of people hiding keyloggers in the installation which basically means they can get into your account. Not good.

Comment

Yeah I'm after the 360 version DJ, I just find it a bit annoying and dont see a real reason why windowing hasn't been properly intergrated into the game by SE.

I really love playing it properly and dont wanna do no hacking or basically it takes away from the fun of the game you know. I do dearly love the game although some uppity players irk me & made me want to give up. Thank you for the heads up on the dodgier proggies I will be wary.

I requoted because I know you peeps use this thread for your plans for missions overlook the posts by peeps who jsut ask inane stuff like I did.
              Last edited by Guest; 28-07-2006, 15:32.

Comment

Is anyone new to this game? Someone bought me a copy the other day but i can't seem to sell it on, was thinking about just playing it instead, i'm pretty sure if i went online at this stage someone would open a can of whoop ass on me. Is it worth playing two years or so after it's release? Or should i opt for the 360 version?

Comment

there is no PvP outside of contested games you have go out of your way to turn up for, the only thing that'll whoop your ass is wild rabbit in West.ron

Comment

DEfinately give it a go Megaman as its so cheap you wont see much return, and you have 30 days trial if you like Final Fantasy then this is super fun! just hard going, I was thinking because this thread is used for mostly you guys discussing some high level stuff and meeting up maybe there is room for a thread for just advice on the game?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
                      Is anyone new to this game? Someone bought me a copy the other day but i can't seem to sell it on, was thinking about just playing it instead, i'm pretty sure if i went online at this stage someone would open a can of whoop ass on me. Is it worth playing two years or so after it's release? Or should i opt for the 360 version?
                      Defo matey!!

If your gonna play it let us know and we will get you a world pass so that you get on the same server as us

Comment

Sweet, i'll give it a go. The only thing putting me off was lack of experience, PSO is the only online RPG i've ever touched, that was late on so was a mess. In all honesty i don't know the first thing about XI, i'll throw myself in at the deep end later tonight though .

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                          Yeah I'm after the 360 version DJ, I just find it a bit annoying and dont see a real reason why windowing hasn't been properly intergrated into the game by SE.

I really love playing it properly and dont wanna do no hacking or basically it takes away from the fun of the game you know. I do dearly love the game although some uppity players irk me & made me want to give up. Thank you for the heads up on the dodgier proggies I will be wary.

I requoted because I know you peeps use this thread for your plans for missions overlook the posts by peeps who jsut ask inane stuff like I did.

The whole windowing situation on FFXI is annoying.

Main use for it is alt tabbing to find information, synthesis details or quest and mission guides, its a right pain to have to log all the way out of the game each time you need to look up info, and this game can often give you enough in game hints to get by however more often it does not, meaning you need to look something up, so you can choose to either use windower or just log out many many times.

For me I used my Desktop PC to play the game and would use my laptop for looking up info, however my laptop is broke now and getting through the recent Chains of Promathia missions has been a right pain and the result was me asking question after question on the LS rather than logging off and on, off and on everytime.

Most would have no problem with the windower if it was just that, a windower. Its all the plug in rubbish like knowing others TP and all that which alot of players dont like (alot do though).

If you do want to use the windower for just alt tabbing, the best way would be to get the windower and try and remove or disable the plug ins, so its only function is alt tabbing and no more, that way you wont spoil the challenge.

However just to make it clear, using windower at all would be considered against the rules.
                          Last edited by mikewl; 28-07-2006, 16:40.

Comment

Awesome, should be on soon i hope. Takes on age to setup, just waiting for the "update" to d/l. Hopefully i shouldn't take to long to apadt (i have no idea what to expect) and everything will be a-ok.

Comment

Can't you get a Windower Lite version now, with all plug in feature disabled?

Comment

i got the archbell windower & removed plugins its great i can still chat crap and have it running now yay, and i'll be buying 360 version, if i have a mule acct then can the 2 copies run a character each at the same time? O.o.....

I could talk to myself ooohhhh.

Comment

Working...
                                X