Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations Rare! good luck to those who are doing it today!

Comment

Went 2/4 in the end. One went to a non-Rargh member, the other Moot.

Dara and Dj are farming for more codex as I type and just got one

Dj is having really rotten luck for his belt drop though

Comment

ouch poor dj

Comment

Comment

Just over 12 months ago, our linkshell had a period of time where we were raiding the Phomiuna Aqueducts on a regular basis. Our reasons for going down there were numerous including some notorious monsters, JSE50 subligars and the map to the zone. This was a great experience and, for me, the numerous trips inside gave me a firm understanding of the layout of the zone and in the end I was able to traverse with no problems whatsoever where for the majority it is a place that many will visit once or twice at most and forget about it.

This weekend, the same thing happened for Sacrarium. In many ways, similar to the Aqueducts (but without the stinking sewer water). Dark, dank and filled with fomor and Taurus, what can at first visit feel like a complicated zone becomes much more manageable when you spend upwards of 12 hours in there.

All started on Friday when Dj informed me that AaD were planning a Swift Belt run later that day. I was still somewhat confused as to my status with the LS but as I had a 50 cap CoP mission arranged for the evening anyway, felt that getting geared up slightly earlier and helping with Sacrarium was worth doing. Despite having my own trigger, I felt it was not appropriate to pop my own NM (didn’t want to appear I was only turning up to get my own belt) and simply planned to use the event as more experience tanking the NMs. Seemed to take longer than it should have, in my opinion, but overall a few pops were made, some drops, some not.

I had to leave early for CoP and the 50 cap trawl through Pso’Xja for Tenzen’s Path which although successful was not totally what I hoped for. Still Tenzen’s Path completed. Excellent cutscenes.

Logged in on Saturday with the intention of doing further CoP cutscenes but pretty soon got a tell from Dj asking if I was interested in another attempt at Swift Belt as he was going in to help some AaD members complete the mission with Swift Belts being a side bonus. Accepted and was more willing to use my trigger this time as it didn’t seem to me to be a proper AaD sanctioned event and more Dj putting something together. This is where my luck came in and remarkably I got a Swift Belt on my pop which was completely unexpected but most welcome. Up to Haste+15% now on my TP Gear with the option of 2 ‘Enhances “Dual Wield” effect’ items. Also, I obtained a Sacrarium Chest Key which I needed for the map quest (after my previous attempt failed due to an unexpected twist at the end). Unfortunately, Dj had 2 attempts at the NM both of which were no drop. One of these was due to a wipe to the Elvaan NM which I felt responsible for (R:0 plagued me and basically cost us the fight) so I again offered to help him on Sunday to farm a further Codex and attempt the NM.

The Sunday run was more Rargh focussed with 4 attempts with only 6 people present (Dj, Moot, Daragon, Mosley, myself and a non-LS member named Espio) and was surprisingly the most efficient and trouble free attempt. Had to spend some time raising fomor hate due the previous day’s pops but apart from that delay the overall run went quite well. 2/4 on drops (to Moot and Espio) so whilst disappointing for Dj and Dara at least some belts were obtained.

During this session I also received a RNG JSE50 subligar (for the excellent Shikaree Aketon for when my RNG gets to 50) and also had a SAM subligar fall to me too. Decided to keep hold of this as whilst I have no immediate intention to level SAM, it is something I have considered as I can basically go from 1-70 without needing too many pieces of equipment (mostly G.K.) and again the SAM JSE50 is an excellent piece of equipment.

With subligars and Swift Belt out of the way that just left me the map quest so I headed in again for one last exploration. Running around fomors without sneak is massively disconcerting (even though I know zero fomor hate equals no aggro) but saved on Silent Oil costs and the very last room I checked provided the Treasure Chest. Made sure to note the information the quest required this time and returned to the Safehold to hand in the key item. Final check this morning revealed that I had successfully completed the quest and received my Sacrarium map.

I feel like Sacrarium has now been completed. No doubt I’ll be back in there sooner rather than later for further Rargh Swift Belts and subligars but I will return with a map, understanding and the security that I need nothing there myself.

Now, I just need to see daylight…

Comment

And stop writing essays ^^

Comment

i like his essays

Comment

heh nice rare

Comment

Nice post Rare, sorry I wasn't available to help on the beltsa this weekend. I'd very much like to get in there for about 5 dozens reasons...

1) RDM Subligar - Glamour Jupon is a must for RDM
                    2) THF Subligar - Raparee Harness is a must for THF
                    3) Map - on of only 2 left in the game that I need

So if there's any more for anymore let me know I have a trigger and probably 0 fomor hate.

Comment

Oh and in other new ding BLM 37 so that's my sub jobs all levelled for RDM (NIN / WHM / BLM) until 75 when I'll need DRK as well.

So it's back to RDM and dinged my first level on it to 30 as well today, got most of the spells I need to get to around 50. Think the only one I ned to buy is refresh adn that's peanuts...

P.S. If anyone is likely to go after crimson legs I got my cursed peice from the AH today for 10k!

Comment

Oh and last but not least after much saving and trading I finally have my Boxer's Mantle. Next comes the Brutal Earring then the Loquacious!

Comment

Nice!

I'm not fully sure when I'll get Sea (fingers crossed Three Paths will be all tied up at the weekend) but as soon as I do I will be hitting up Limbus pretty hard for Brutal Earring followed by Boxer's Mantle. Looking at current bazaar prices you're talking approximately 2m gil for the earring but not sure if I'm willing to drop a large portion of my gil on it when soloing Limbus for 10+ coins at a time appears a possibility.

As for Sacrarium, I do know that Moot is after a RDM subligar and Apa has mentioned wanting a NIN one so there's always more reasons to go in.

My next zone to 'conquer' is Promyvion-Vahzl. Not much to do there really. Would like to at least the ENM just to say I have (Toreador's Ring would be a bonus) amd I presume a Memoshpere is needed for the map but I'm not fully sure how to go about getting one of those.
                          Last edited by C'; 26-02-2007, 18:02.

Comment

Once you reach sea rare we should try some small party limbus, with PLD/NIN NIN/WAR we would just need a tHF adn some healing to net 10 - 15 coins per run.

The Vahzl map looks to be a git but I'm game to go after it as well, I'd really like to complete all my maps. There are a few rare/ex peices in there that are very nice for WHM and RDM.

Loquacious might work for you as well Rare, not sure whether fast cast effects Ninjitsu or not but if it does with all the haste you have you could be looking at some damn quick recasts on Ichi.

Comment

We were meant to be doing Limbus as a LS - what happened to that?

Comment

Grats on the 10k buy tsing!

Comment

Working...
                                X