This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal
    Anyone interested in some assaults tonight between 6 and 8?
    Yes please, although once again I think I have to keep 1 tag and some time in reserve for Lebros with Meric/Daragon (which may or may not happen). Shouldn't matter anyway as I still have 3 tags.

Would like to do Ilrusi or Periqia, I haven't even seen those ones yet.

Comment

Yeah, I know mate - that's why more and more stuff should be rare/ex. I'd say a good 90% of it.

You should only be able to buy the standard and +1 gear as well as consumables such as food + ammo. Too late for that now though.

Even thinking like that... you've got to wonder why most people will pay an extra 1.7 million for the extra +1 MND. I'm happy with my standard white cape thanks.

Looking at the lvl.45 red cape even, That's MND+3 / INT+3. Currently my cape setup is MND+2 and INT+3. Why should I pay 265k for MND+1 and the luxury of one less inv. space and not having to switch capes? 265k is one big chuck away from my top tier BLM spells that I'm currently dreaming about.

I might as well forget about any half-decent earrings as I'm gonna need to be proficient in a lvl.60 craft before I can even start saving for those.

--------------

On second thoughts that red cape really would be usefull as it covers both MND+INT at once, considering I'm usually main healer when I'm BLM it'd probably help - that shouldn't be my role, although it usually is. And then rapid pullers complain at me being out of MP after each mob. ft:
      Last edited by dataDave; 12-07-2006, 13:18.

Comment

For what it's worth Davi I haven't got any crafts above 30 - in fact I've never crafted for profit, just as a diversion and to keep myself in juices etc. Nor do I farm anything as a matter of course, yet I've more or less managed to keep up with the scrolls. I skipped a couple of over-priced and under-used ones (the ones that drop off Centurio X-I) but I've never really noticed their absence cos they are not the highest spells for any level caps, so you'll always have something better (and cheaper).

I'm in a little bit of a different situation though as I've never been interested in levelling all the jobs, so I have been able to sell quested stuff like teleport scrolls & ninjutsu scrolls to keep my main job equipped. Also BCNMs etc come along once in a while and you get some cashflow on the go.

I reckon gil will only become a huge burden if you get ahead of yourself in the levelling.. I wouldn't want to be looking at buying 10 levels worth of scrolls in one go, lol.

Comment

David, that makes the MND/INT +7 for 10k that I got last night seem even more sweeet!

Seriously though, if you don't want to craft, it will not effect your equipment progression nearly as much as you think. After nearly 2 years my highest craft is Smithing at Lv2 (yes two!). I am certainly not fully pimped but I have some very nice equipment (Penitant Rope, Red Cape+1, MND/INT+3 Rings, Wizards Earring etc) that has been obtained mainly through BCNM's, selling quest items and a little farming/gardening.

I'm not sure about Taru Lv30 RSE but the Hume RSE Pants/Boots are so good (stat wise) that I still use them the majority of time at Lv66 in Exp Parties, then with AF on top its all good - not bad for a freebies.

One thing to remember is that your equipment doesn't always have to reflect your level. No point in spending *much* Gil on Lv4x equipment when Lv30 gear has better stats (thinking of certain pieces of Seer's in particular for BLM's) - just ask D, he had a similar situation a while back.

Also, you need to look at how long you will be using equipment for. The Red Cape+1 for example is a piece you will likely be using for 30 odd levels just on one job so it is very much worth buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
            I reckon gil will only become a huge burden if you get ahead of yourself in the levelling.. I wouldn't want to be looking at buying 10 levels worth of scrolls in one go, lol.
            Exactly mate - which is why I've taken a back seat for quests, farming and my new lowbie adv. job. It's extremely costly keeping up with both WHM+BLM at lvl.34. I must have spent somewhere in the region of 500-600K since digging into my savings from the beginning of the game. God knows it can only get worse. I had 400+ gil to my name the other night, just enough for a Chocobo back to Bastok. lol.

Also - rather than make Daviravi a PLD and everything else I have a Hume for that - so I can do the tele-scroll quests with him also and make gil that way like you've just said. As long as Fallows ends up with the VIT+ Kampf gear and a couple of good VIT+ rings I can transfer the funds back over to Davi for spell contributions. That may be a little like cheating but I see it as them both being good buddies. lol... and PLD shouldn't require much gil hopefully anyway.
            Last edited by dataDave; 12-07-2006, 13:26.

Comment

? It?s the combined effect of having multiple pieces of +1 gear that is the real benefit. Going for a single HQ piece to gain an extra INT+1 or whatever is not going to see a massive boost but when you combine with 6 or 7 extra pieces with their own extra INT+1 and the boost becomes more significant.

Myself last night paid a lot to complete my set or Arhat?s+1 gear and got the head piece when the NQ version was about 20k. The main difference between the 2 being Emnity+1 and Emnity+2. The difference of Emnity+1 would be negligible but because I got the full HQ set I have an extra Emnity+5 which is a lot more significant.

As for Rare/EX gear I love the stuff. Brilliant ideas and some really cool pieces that often go overlooked by players who don?t look beyond the AH. Sadly, even these can be flawed when S-E put valuable crafting materials or spells on the same NMs meaning that they again become the target of people for profit rather than the actual piece of equipment.

I?d be up for some Assault tonight. Would really like to clear the prisoner one in Mamool Ja Training grounds. Currently 0/3 on that.

EDIT: oh you're doing the Arrapago Reef ones. I'll pass on Assault

Comment

I wanna do Assault! it's not fair!!

LOL Tal, I do want to craft - that's the thing. I don't know, perhaps my perspective will change once I have a nice big chunky 1.7mil in my delivery box from a BCNM sesh. ;p

I may spend a few hours camping Hoo Mjuu the Torrent this weekend actually.
                Last edited by dataDave; 12-07-2006, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                  and PLD shouldn't require much gil hopefully anyway.
                  Awaits tsing to march in!

No jobs cheap, except maybe.... drg as there no much decent gear you can use till in the 70's, heck there damemd cursed item are all under 1m.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                    oh you're doing the Arrapago Reef ones. I'll pass on Assault
                    Just wondering how come dude? I asume you have got the staging points - is there something *bad* about these Assaults? as they are the two I need to do to complete all the Lv1's?

Comment

I?m reluctant to move on from 1 that I have attempted and not yet completed.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                        I?m reluctant to move on from 1 that I have attempted and not yet completed.
                        Ah I see!!! After atempting the "break through the door" one again last night it seems even more random than before. The only sucess we had (some weeks back) was taking down one door and the prisoner was in that room. Its most unsatisfying when it seems that the result is luck over skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                          Awaits tsing to march in!

No jobs cheap, except maybe.... drg as there no much decent gear you can use till in the 70's, heck there damemd cursed item are all under 1m.
                          gluttony sword wasn't it? hmmmmm

As for my situation that you referred to tal I assume you mean the anguish I had in attempting to get the sly gauntlets/intellect torque from Gerjis the GIANT F*&KING ASSHOLE or the 2 hyperactive raptors, only to settle for the fact I was stuck with what I had lol.. that decision was taken under duress and in no way reflected the equipment choices I would have liked

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                            that decision was taken under duress and in no way reflected the equipment choices I would have liked
                            Well yeah, I guess thats true with those items, the Lv50 BCNM were bl00dy hard. But it didn't actually effect your performance or credibility in Parties lol. It is different I supose from my situation where the Lv30 equipment is actually the best I can be using.

*Actually thinking about it I do remember a conversation where you were looking at options in the 40's for body/pants etc because you were still on Lv30 gear. The Lv30 gear had the better stats so it was the one to stay with.
                            Last edited by talizker; 12-07-2006, 14:06.

Comment

Holy memory-powers batman!

Comment

Hello I'm back and Tobals right any job is as expensive as you make it. I've always used good gear at all levels as well as carrying multiple set ups. My DD build is worth a small fortune and now it looks like I need an evasion and HP build still ^^

The door assault is odd I've been once and won once. We used a NIN on a max evasion build and then me and the WHM kept up a flash cycle whilst going nuts with low delay weapons. Took down all 3 doors in the time limit and had about 5 mins left.
                                Last edited by Tsingtao; 12-07-2006, 14:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X