Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0/4 on Centurio now. Not even a StonegaII drop.

I got Quake at least so far, so that leaves me with just one 100k ancient left (Flood). I may as well pick that up for completions sake.

---

Also, Menor, Annunaki, + Sick are all tied at around the 15-20 mark. Just waiting for Menor to hit 20 and then they'll be on the Dragon fight for rank 3. I can't wait to go through that with three rl mates. I just wish I didn't have WHM+BLM priorities so I could lvl THF alongside them.
    Last edited by dataDave; 20-04-2007, 08:50.

Comment

First Limbus (NE Apollyon I think) with Cunilimbus last night was fantastic. As I've mentioned before, Dynamis isn't too hot in terms of what a NIN does but in Limbus everything was a much higher pace, I actually got to fight monsters (incredible, I know!!) and did a fair share of tanking (and dieing too).

I think there was 15 people in attendance and everyone got 5 coins so drop rate seems decent.

9/75 until Brutal Earring.

Comment

Interview with SE on the future of their MMO's
        ---------------------------------------------

What plans do you have for the MMO market?

Sage Sundi: Well, Final Fantasy XI has been out for nearly for five years now, so with online games one of our targets is to continuously provide content as long as we have users. But we're also working on the new MMO titles which we announced at E3 two years ago.

Where do you see the development of Final Fantasy XI going now? Are there still teams working on development, or are you at the point where you just want to let people continue playing?

Sage Sundi:We're working together with our community and with the users, so we're very flexible. If they all ask for expansion packs, then we might consider more expansion packs - it really depends on how it goes with our users.

FFXI was one of the most popular games on the market - but that market has obviously changed with the huge success of World of Warcraft. Do you see that as an opportunity or a challenge?

Hiromichi Tanaka: The number of subscribers to Final Fantasy XI didn't really change with the release of World of Warcraft. We think that means that we're targeting a different type of audience.

At the moment, MMOs are still relatively new compared to console games, so everyone is trying to poach players from World of Warcraft and get them into their games - but that's because the market is still so small.

Sage Sundi: We've seen other online games in the last few years also being successful so it's not just World of Warcraft, there are other new games which players like as well.

That doesn't necessarily mean that those games are taking players from World of Warcraft - they're creating new markets for their own games, and I think Final Fantasy XI will continue to target its own audience and discover new markets, rather than trying to get people from other games.

With your next MMOs, will you be looking to achieve the same number of subscribers WOW has?

Hiromichi Tanaka: Certainly it would be nice to reach 8 million players, but we're not really trying to beat World of Warcraft because we consider it to be a totally different game. As long as our players are happy, that's what we're trying to achieve.

Sage Sundi: We don't have a clear target of 8 million, or of trying to poach players from World of Warcraft. Even if we succeeded at that, they would try to get those players back! We don't think that's really efficient - we would prefer to target a new market. We take the wide view, that there is a huge market for games and MMOs are still only a small part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
          Interview with SE on the future of their MMO's
          ---------------------------------------------

What plans do you have for the MMO market?

Where do you see the development of Final Fantasy XI going now? Are there still teams working on development, or are you at the point where you just want to let people continue playing?

Sage Sundi:We're working together with our community and with the users, so we're very flexible. If they all ask for expansion packs, then we might consider more expansion packs - it really depends on how it goes with our users.

I have to say I find reading this quite concerning - that paragraph suggests to me that there is no further expansion planned. Are SE planning on putting all their eggs in one basket with just lame end game content?

They should really just scrap the chocobo racing system as clearly they've gone about it all wrong and they seem to be devoting too much effort to a system that will never improve itself to a level that many gamers will be happy with.

Its like I've said previously, the development team really do need to see what games like WoW and SWG are doing and just let the players organise their own events and give them the proper tools to allow that.

The game is MOSTLY about the combat as it stands, there needs to be more social, non combat based activities and more importantly, they need to work.

Something similar to seasonal events, but more often and more community involvement
          Last edited by Daragon; 20-04-2007, 13:55.

Comment

Modding tools won't work, unlike WoW and every other MMO, FFXI is console based, giving the PC owners the tools would dick there Ps2 and 360 customers up the ass.

Comment

I don't mean tools in that respect, I'm talking about in game things provided by the development team.

I think however the limitations of space effectively prevent this sort of thing from ever happening though, shame really.

Comment

Did some proper meriting this weekend (for the first time ages) which, combined with the EXP from 3 successful ENMs, means I activated Spell Interuption rate Down level 3 and in another 3.8k EXP I'll have 4 merits which will go into level 4.

That will put me 4/8 on HP/MP merits, 12/12 on Combat Skills and 8/8 on Others.

After this I think I'll do my Magic Skill merits. I wasn't sure whether to save some of these for a mage job but I think I will just go all the way and plant 8/8 on Ninjutsu.

Comment

Liking that first pic Dj - why I never took a screenshot of me apparently using one of the tonberry NMs in Den of Rancor to mpk him I'll never know.

I should have taken some of that drivel he tried to **** at me through his mouth at Gods last night - Blacklisted for not letting him use my Signet Staff, doesn't get much more pathetic does it?

And he has the ****ing nerve to tell me that no-one likes ME?????? Prick

Comment

lol @ dara.

Can you recharge signet staffs btw?

Comment

Sadly not, they only cost 5k conquest pts tho (and rank 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                        Sadly not, they only cost 5k conquest pts tho (and rank 10)
                        Sweet might bag myself one of them next time Bastok is in 1st going to be lvlin SAM (To 37) and BLM (75 O.o) soon ^^

Never know when u might need a signet.

Comment

lmao, that **** is too funny. Blacklisted over a signet staff? XD

I also heard he called a GM on an AaD member last night. Is this guy for real?

Comment

Yeah he called a GM on Wynth He is such a tool. It was over some name calling in the LS :/

Dara if i was you id let Berem know, seems "Others" have compained about him to. So guess if we want somthing doing he needs to know all.

On another note.... Ive changed my FD's in Dyna to Sandy >.> even thou there is a outlands run comin up and body is a possiblilty i think legs are much more important. There was about 5 peeps in AaD all went / at the weekend when we did kitty so might be a while before i get as i want Hecca Body and Feet 1st. Although we did get 1 drop thou

Im really enjoying ninja atm and i think Drk may have to go on the back burner why i pimp nin a little, eg Dusk hands, Boxers.

I dont have any Nin god, limbus or dyna gear so looks like its time to put some effort in.
                            Last edited by djtickle; 23-04-2007, 14:44.

Comment

What do you use to take these full screenshots?

Comment

Working...
                              X