Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, does the fact that I've been a previous member not exclude me from a trial?

Still, I'm more than happy to jump through your hoops a second time lol. Salvage tonight sounds fun, don't think I got any plans other than more exp for RNG.

Comment

Why not just rename AaD to Rargh?

Comment

Because AaD is somewhat larger than Rargh and the sack holder is AWOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          Damn, does the fact that I've been a previous member not exclude me from a trial?

Still, I'm more than happy to jump through your hoops a second time lol. Salvage tonight sounds fun, don't think I got any plans other than more exp for RNG.
          Just the rules mate and unless u balls up then shouldnt be a problem

6pm GMT outside teh assault office gather together!

Comment

Let's hope not eh? You at least know what to expect from me, I just hope I get shown the same respect back (it wasn't the case during my last tenure in the shell).

As for Salvage, I might not be able to make 6:00 - it's almost 5:30 and I've still yet to eat.

Comment

20,000+ files to download... I think I'll leave it running overnight.

err... how do I improve screen resolution? only had a 2min dabble just now before work. It's going to be hard getting used to the mouse.
              Last edited by dataDave; 17-01-2008, 07:20.

Comment

OK, got everything running nice and sweet with the reg edit now, although I can't control anything with the mouse and keyboard, the camera goes everywhere and I end up running into walls etc. I'm going to have to get another wired 360 pad I think. Overall though the game and it's interface runs 100x smoother on my PC so deffo sticking to that once I get back on.

After logging in to both my characters I was then faced with the daunting task of writing out hundreds of macros as well as clearing space as all I was seeing everywhere was 60/60, 50/50, 50/50 etc... meh. too much work ffs. cba just yet. The music was really drawing me back in though, I fair fancied a Hi-Def run through Tavnazia for old times sake but it'd have been too painful with these controls.

So is it possible to clone the 360 controls on the PC version perfectly? I hope so.

Also got a special thankyou message from SE confirming the graphical issue with the xbox360 D.cotehardie and that is was now fixed. imba.

Once I get everything fixed we'll have to get some ENMs arranged. I wouldn't mind a weekly bash at some of them 3-mans like the 'Bugard in the Clowds' one tbh.
                Last edited by dataDave; 17-01-2008, 17:50.

Comment

You definitely coming back then Davi? I'll deinitely be interested in a few Bugard in the Clouds runs. My RNG isn't quite high enough yet (42) but NIN is ready and willing.

For 30 and 40 events, my RNG has equip sorted.

Comment

Yeah man, I need to get my controls + storage sorted and a lot of exp practice to get back into the flow, although hopefully I'll be playing my regular plethora of jobs (THF, NIN, DRK, RDM - and now WAR+PLD on Fallows) again hopefully sometime soon, even if just casually.

We'll definately get some weekly stuff planned for runs as long as it doesn't clash with other ppls endgame priorities.

It'd be nice to get Fallows to 50 and at least broken into CoP, I'd like to play again without getting rushed through the cutscenes this time. I also think it might be time for Davi to quit the sub-lvl50capped stuff on mage jobs and move on... playing WoW makes you forget how hellish storage issues can be on this game, mind, I don't think it's really intended for people to switch jobs up to 6 times a day ><. Keeping all the best gear for each cap on 6 jobs is just impossible.

Nice to see a macro book feature on the PC, I can save all my macros for each job now without running out of room. Is that new? Or has it always been in the PC version?
                    Last edited by dataDave; 18-01-2008, 09:54.

Comment

The new macrobooks were added in the last update and it is great. You basically get 20 sets of 10 macros per job now.

I'm actually interested in going through CoP missions again if you do go somewhere with that on Fallows. I basically did every mission previously as NIN so am interested in going in the battles as RNG for a different perspective. Vani is very close to RNG50 too (48) so I bet he'd be interested in doing the level 50 sections of CoP (chapter 4 and half of chapter 5 basically).

I hear you on the storage issues. I got a slight requiem over the new year as the event basically gave away 3 pieces of Furniture each with 4 Storage spots. I have gone without a mule for 4 years but I'm thinking I may have to as RNG gear starts filling up my inventory. I may simply have to take my NIN off 30 and 40 cap duties and send that gear over to one of Moot's old characters on my accounts.
                      Last edited by C'; 18-01-2008, 10:03.

Comment

Good to hear you're back Davi and yes I'm also in agreement, we do need to get some sort of regular thing going, I've not done a decent BC,ENM or mission in months and I'm starting to miss it

Are you still game for our Royal Jelly run btw rare? Any ideas for a 3rd member?

Wonder if Vani would be up for it if I went RDM and you NIN? Would that work?

Comment

Yeah I have beastman seals burning a hole in my inventory. I'llsee if Moot is interested in doing the RDM duties. Would you be about later to try if he is? Would be late(ish) as I have something I need to get sorted this evening first (i.e. about 9:30pm-10pm).

Failing that, if you have RDM40 gear (and know how to do the RDM bit in this BC) maybe Vani could come as RNG? He's done it before and I think he'd have seals.

Edit - Just realised Moot won't be around this evening.

Comment

I'll be around yeah, not sure how the RDM bit works for this BC though as I've only ever done it with THF before - I assume gravity and healing is involved a fair bit?

Comment

Pretty much Grav, Bind and Silence i thinks. Any DD jobs with Blink shouldnt have a problem healing wise, maybe just the odd heal here and there.

Just make sure if ur on rdm and u need to convert u havnet got "Drown" or HP Down on you or you know what that means

oh btw Salvage 6pm tonite too

Comment

Not sure Fridays are any good for me as far as pretty epic time limit events are concerned - big night for TV

Plus I'm not sure how many assault pts I'm down to.

Comment

Working...
                                X