Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally cleared Aht Urghan mission 44. Been up to this mission for I think about 9 months or so but never had the confidence to respond to any shouts until my RNG was 75 and yesterday saw a shout for AU42 which I joined to help on the understanding we’d be moving straight on to 44.

It was a very close fight (we won with less than 2 minutes on the clock) and I picked up my fair share of deaths but got the win 1/1.

Against the

Blue Mage

I thought we nearly lost it when we had a near full-wipe against his third form. First form our BLM and SCH did a sleep > nuke strategy then me and the SAM focussed on destroying the second form. For the third and final form everyone unloaded but things got a little crazy when the PLD was dropped out of nowhere to Eyes On Me. We continued to try and blast him with everything we had but we started falling one by one. I launched a Sidewinder and fluked a 1500+ hit but he was down to 20% with no DD left standing. Me and the BLM reraise and a combination of Freeze and a few more arrow shots are the difference. Everyone gets up and we decide to full rest and go for it as we had done the first boss in good time.

Was initially a little disappointed with

Alexander

. We were plowing through his HP easily and the PLD never seemed to be in danger. Plus the music was the same regular Aht Urghan BC music that had been in every other battle. Rep had hyped this up as something special.

Then the real Alexander showed up!

This was more what I was expecting. New music and the boss hitting the PLD with all kinds of heavy moves whilst me, the SAM and the BLM proceeded to drop the hammer with everything we had. It was actually going really well then at 50% the chat log read:

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

And the PLD is dropped again, this time to Divine Judgement. Again we just continue to lay into with everything we have. We know a wipe is coming but just have to do as much as we can before that happens and regroup. By the time we’re done he’s at around 35% HP. As we wait for weakness to wear off we get the 10 minute warning so we know this is going to be close. During our second assault we have to push the hate line closer and closer to get the damage done as quickly as possible. With about 7% HP left on Alexander’s status bar, I have 1 minute left on barrage timer and the SAM says he needs 45 secs before Meikyo Shisui is up.

We continue to attack.

“20 secs, keep me alive”.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Me and the SAM both drop to the floor dead. So close and we assume it’s all lost but the SCH and BLM both manage to launch last ditch blasts with their remaining MP and the Iron Collossus is felled.

Truly EPIC!!!!

And the cutscene afterwards? Absolutely stunning work. It’s like S-E managed to recreate an OTT anime mecha battle. Brilliant stuff.

Got up early this morning to finish off the cutscenes and pick up my rewards before work. Was tempted to grab the ranged attack ring but in the end felt I’d get more benefit from Ulthalam’s Ring on my NIN.

Just got the First Lieutenant assaults to clear now for Captain.

Comment

Congratulations Rare!

Comment

Campaign Gets Reinforcements! (15/06/2009)

The upcoming version update will see exciting developments in Campaign, including the opening of new areas, the introduction of the "Union" system, and a host of other additions and refinements.

The Battlefront Moves North!

The following areas will become potential sites for future Campaign conflicts:
        Beaucedine Glacier (S) / Xarcabard (S)

New Campaign Medals!

Currently, the highest decoration players may be awarded through evaluation is the coveted "Wings of Honor." With the new version update, two yet more prestigious distinctions will be unlocked, and the corresponding equipment?including body armors for each nation?will be added to the items obtainable with Allied Notes.

All for One and One for All! Introducing the "Union" System

Building upon the existing parties and alliances, the new version update will allow players to form larger battle regiments known as "Unions." By joining a Union, players may take part in Campaign operations on an expanded scale and receive a wide assortment of battle spoils for successful efforts.

To join a Union, a player need only seek out a Campaign Arbiter while in possession of Allied Tags. Any Campaign Arbiter will heed your request, regardless of nation affiliation.

Great riches await triumphant Unions, including but not limited to the ancient currencies obtainable in Dynamis, a wide assortment of synthesis materials, and the spoils of vanquished Beastman Confederate captains. Such rewards will be distributed via Union treasure caskets after the conclusion of each battle.

Scavengers be forewarned! Those who sit back on the sidelines to let their allies do the dirty work will find themselves denied their share of the spoils. Soldiers must make sufficient contribution to the cause to be eligible to reap the rewards.
        Perhaps the most interesting revelation there is that we still will not be getting a Castle Zvahl [S]. Wonder if it even exists. How much longer will they be able to drag this expansion out for?

I don't find campaign battle too interesting really (althogh the EXP/Allied Notes I pull in has improved greatly since having NIN/DNC on the go) but I am currently the second highest rank so should be able to be maxed out by the time this update rolls around. I have been collecting the Fourth armour pieces (got head and hands so far) too but I don't expect the body to be anything revolutionary for NIN.

Union sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Union sounds half and half to me - the way I see it, sack holders will no longer be able to dictate who gets what, rewards are available to all as the game sees fit.

Comment

it also seems as though they will make it a little bit easier to obtain relic upgrades.

Comment

Winning Numbers (2009):

Rank 5 - 3 (last digit)
              Rank 4 - 27 (last two digits)
              Rank 3 - 800 (last three digits)
              Rank 2 - 3004 (last four digits)
              Rank 1 - 19637 (all five digits)

I know for sure I have a rank 5 prize as I made sure each marble had a different last digit but not sure about anything better than that. Oh, I know for sure I definitely haven't won the rank 3 prize as my marble ending with 0 was 12010.

Comment

The random numbers they picked .... what the hell did they use to pick them?!

Comment

Whats this moogle bonanza thing then?

I guess you needed to have done something to be eligible for these prizes, is it too late now?

Comment

Its when the moogles get drunk and have public orgies to the disgust of the blayer base! Sacrifice the galkas!

Comment

rank5 win, will pick turtle or faf statues me thinks.

Comment

1 Fafnir Statue and 10 inventory spaces.

Comment

1 fafnir statue, 1 khroma ore and 1 homam cosciales (oh and 10 inventory slots)

Comment

AMAZING SCENES!!!

but congrats again. Keep up that Haste build for THF now

Out of curiousity how did you pick your numbers?

Comment

Just had the moogle generate them for me lol

I don't trust these "pick your own number" things, at least if the game generates it for you, you know it'll probably end up with a chance hehe.

But the day's not been all fun and games, I forgot to check the door of the Marble bridge when I got my tamas ring at the end of april, now I need to wait for the mid/end of July to get my rajas back

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                                Just had the moogle generate them for me lol

I don't trust these "pick your own number" things, at least if the game generates it for you, you know it'll probably end up with a chance hehe.

But the day's not been all fun and games, I forgot to check the door of the Marble bridge when I got my tamas ring at the end of april, now I need to wait for the mid/end of July to get my rajas back
                                lol and just like that, Dara gets back into character.

Comment

Working...
                                X