Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can make it I will hard to say right now, if I have the time can bring BLM along for the xp! Also probably have gear for PLD and WHM at a guess.

What we doing just the ENMs?

Dropping an enfeebling earring or 2 would help the old gil right now, just dumped a load of gil into the BLM gear to start levelling and can see sleepga II creeping towards me!

Had another whack at amikiri but its tight as arses with its drops.

Comment

Just do the quests for sleepga II - it's not as if they're difficult.

Hardest bit is trading all the tarot cards, and that only took me an evening.

Comment

Well, I’m sure you’re more the welcome to join us if you can make it. If you’d like to get the EXP on BLM that should be fine.

I’d prefer to come as RNG if possible but willing to do it NIN style if need be (onto my 3rd STR merit now so talking 9 merits per upgrade :/).

Main aim for me personally is obtaining the Promyvion Silvers and then ENM completion for hopefully good drops. Fallows has mentioned clearing the CoP missions but I’m not sure if everyone involved has the time to go after animas at such short notice.

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Just do the quests for sleepga II - it's not as if they're difficult.

Hardest bit is trading all the tarot cards, and that only took me an evening.
        I think Tsing has already quested Sleepga II. I seem to recall fighting the Ahriman with him a couple of years back when I was saving for my Haubergeon.

Comment

Yup I've completed every quest in the game bar about 25, I've got a log of them all waiting to tick them off most are now escourts or eco warriors. Got a few ToAU to clear but mostly wrapped up everything. Excluding AFs, Relic, Black Belt and Ebisu from that. I could just sell my lu shang and cover the lot but I quite like it!

Like Rare I sold sleepga II was back for 2 million towards the Haubie fund back then. Its only 250k to pick up but I'm also still missing 3 HQ staves I'd like to have at 51 on BLM (Jupiter's, Terra's and Apollo's). So toss on top of that Blizzaga III and Tornado and there's a fair bit of expense comin my way. Not insurmountable but everything I can snake right now is useful.

Comment

I’m trying to save up for the fabled Eurytos’ Bow right now and it’s not easy. Just shy of 500k at this moment but in the space of a few sales it’s jumped from 1.5m to 2m which is disheartening (especially when it was down to 1.2m before Christmas).

Luckily apart from the odd piece of gear, most RNG stuff is quite affordable but a few other gear pieces (Akinji hands, legs and feet) all also appear at the same level as Ebow so it’s my main hurdle at the moment. Get over that and RNG is mostly sorted.

Comment

I'd just go for the Selene's bow rare as opposed to the Eurytos' - it's alot easier to obtain and the dps difference is near enough negligable. Ok, so it's a wee bit faster and you get a couple more pts str, but as far as the 2 weapons go there's not really that much in it. That said though, I'm probably wasting my time trying to suggest an alternative to the guy who bought a pair of Hawker's +1 lol.

As for Akinji hands, stick with Noct+1 until 60 and buy deadeye gloves. Stick to AF or bounding boots before then for feet. As for legs, well knock yourself out on Akinji there lol.

Comment

Gil is always fun I've chewed through millions and millions now, I always start off with the I'll do it quick and dirty idea and never do. RDM was supposed to be a job to merit my PLD from now its kitted out with alsorts of gear. Trouble is on that one now most of what I want isn't that buyable, though having said that there's the staves, dusk hands and feet and the umbria cape.

Am really impressed at what you can pull off with RDM/NIN it's a power house of a job. If you can land bind or keep up those all so precious shadows you can kill pretty much anything over time.

I'd have to agree with Rare, e-bow for the win, once you've got it you are done for bows. It's like having a SAM without a Hagun missing the e-bow.
                Last edited by Tsingtao; 31-01-2008, 14:39.

Comment

RDM was always the job that got me most excited, and I've got it to low 60s atm. Want to finish it at some point but it's just that damn Joyeuse that's stopping me. I really wouldn't want to go beyond 70 without it, and I have rotten luck with NMs in general.

Short of being the last player alive in the server, I don't see myself owning it (although being the last player alive I still probably wouldn't own it lol)

Comment

The good news Dara is Charby is easy enough to pop and you can solo on 75 RDM if you're geared well enough. Joyeuse is used pretty rarely in most solo scenario's as meleeing feeds TP = death.

Charby is bind grav wait on time nuke bind repeat. Main danger is the other PH adding so you have to kill that fast when it pops.

You'll rarely notice having the Joyeuse once you do pick it up, its not like RDMs melee very often other than messing with lower level stuff.

Comment

I don't doubt it's easy to pop, most NMs are, but it's the time aspect and having enough people organised and in place ready that would probably hold me back.

The reason for me lvling rdm, was for that very same one you seem to be enjoying it - Soloing, and RDM don't solo without Joyeuse lol (well at end game anyway)

Comment

Seriously dara nothing I solo I use joyeuse for, everything is bind, grav, poison, bio and nuke. Only thing I use it on is the place holders for Amikiri and well nothering else really. Meleeing things is death on a stick, its like doing it in xp you're just a tP donor. Nearly killed myself getting Rapido the other night messign around with the joyeuse and copped a 1000 needles in my face.

Comment

ou won't need an army to take down Charbydis. Killed him a few times for people and all it's ever needed was a NIN, BRD and healing mage who can cast Haste.

Comment

Still, I think it's such a cool weapon in it's own right. Would love to own it regardless. I'd imagine it would be ideal for soloing too high lvl mobs for something like my THF say?

Comment

Rare is right a THF and BRD can all but duo it, RDM can solo it, duo it at worst. NIN or THF tank with healing and a BRD is an easy kill. We've come on quite a long way since we got mine with a small army!

Seriously for RDM I'd worrymorea bout the cost of dusk, HQ staves, enfeebling and nuke + gear and the merits. Most stuff only become viable once you're pretty heavily meritted and geared.

Don't get me wrong it's ace just don't get hung up on it, in terms of solo it's one fo the least needed items.

Comment

Spoke with Caladbolg earlier and he's up for bringing Kuponut as our WHM so if Tsing is still in we have a group.

Comment

Working...
                                X