But of course

Comment

yes, if your also willing to do a swift belt fight also

Comment

I'm happy to do swift belts.

Comment

cool!

Comment

You guys might like this... Ren Reynolds takes on the Daily Telegraph over inaccurate reporting of "internet gaming addiction": http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2009/09/me-vs-the-daily-telegraph-.html

Comment

Oh bloody hell, i've really gone and put my foot in it this time. Was running along East Ron [S] and zoned. Then i saw the walls. Uh oh, am i where i think i am?

Lesson learned, i did feel ****ty doing it at the time, held my hands up and won't be doing it again.
              Last edited by Rep; 20-09-2009, 03:50.

Comment

lol *grovel* *beg* "Your armour looks nice and shiny today Mr. GM"

"You've been accused for intentionally make Dark Ixion depop"???

Now I'm concerned that the "fake" GM tells I've been getting (with awful sentence structure) may be real

Comment

Credit to Rare for providing the script.

Comment

Lord they've started jailing for depopping Ixi?

We'll have half the LS in Mordian each week.

Comment

Hic, i forgot to ask you the other day before you disapeared. How did you get Hicory/Chak working with the Japanese Client? Think it was you who had it working, in the Leaping Lizzie Picture.

Comment

Rep did the GM make you drop a bar of soap?

Comment

FFXI in Japanese

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
                          Hic, i forgot to ask you the other day before you disapeared. How did you get Hicory/Chak working with the Japanese Client? Think it was you who had it working, in the Leaping Lizzie Picture.
                          Yeah I played on the Japanese client for a while. It's not difficult to set up, but you have to buy the game again. The US and EU versions don't include the code that allows you to type in Japanese (it's licensed by MS for a fee). So you have to buy a Japanese copy of the game, then install it on your pc. To do that you need to change the default file system language to Japanese (this isn't the same as changing the Windows interface language).

The only restriction is that if you need to do anything with POL to manage your content ids, you need to use a POL client from the same region you created the character with. And having both region clients on one PC proved to be problematic. I never tracked down the route of the problem but they just didn't like sharing a computer. You can save yourself some time for the reinstall by taking a copy of the FFXI directory. When reinstalling do all the disc steps, then paste your copy back into the newly reinstalled directory (over the top) - then it won't need to download so many updates. It doesn't work so well copying the US version into the Japanese version.

Regarding the language itself, I would suggest doing this if your reading skill (including kanji) is quite strong. Mine wasn't, and over time the frustration of navigating the Auction House by guesswork plus not being able to read the cutscenes that supposedly make the hours of graft worthwhile did discourage me from playing. The autotranslate will always be in Japanese for you, too. It was great to be able to chat to Japanese players in Japanese, though.

Hope that helps! Here's some pics of what to expect...

The Leaping Lizzie pic you mentioned...

Managing armour can be tricky (although many of the names use katakana, not kanji) ...

Cutscenes can be inpenetrable...

Last edited by vwilsonuk; 22-09-2009, 00:11. Reason: Added pics and tip about reinstall.

Comment

Tis a shame that your name isn't displayed in Japanese

Comment

Originally posted by Kerushi View Post
                              Tis a shame that your name isn't displayed in Japanese
                              Yeah it is a bit weird. They probably could've done it, but perhaps they were worried about getting the pronunciation wrong. Or maybe the Japanese like the cache of having a little bit of romaji on their screens. I don't know.

Comment

There was another way of entering characters using IME windower plugin, and having the M$ IME pack installed. You have to disable the option of extending support to other programs, which sadly can't be switch off on Vista and Win7. Seems abit daft they removed it. Due to it being removed, the plugin doesn't load.

Hic: I know you asked but i did miss the .pdf you sent, sorry about that, thought they was only 2 files not 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X