Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah damn, not had much chance to check this thread over the past week inbetween flu and helping sort stuff for christmas.

Not been in-game for days now so I've made very little progress so far unfortunately. Give me a couple more days and I'll make sure I'm up to date.

Comment

Anyone about recently? Can't remember where i'm upto myself

Comment

I was in-game for about 10 minutes a few days ago, but the Christmas/New year fortnight is ALWAYS busy for me, so in between new games and family, I've really not managed anything apart from picking out my mog marbles.

Comment

After getting that ring set, i got party for ASA final fight.... (whm,whm,sam,sam,sam,brd)

And won, after wiping before the last rage mode onthe 1st round i thought we'ed never win (mainly down to yet againthe whm not using meds for aoe'para so no bene and one of the sam's not 2hring... gggaaahhhh), after raise we took them on again and killed the blm with one dead sam after the last rage mode, and began working on the whm to which the 2nd sam drop dead after a massive ws+gas mini rage combo, lucky cos im smart i used a nin sub which saved the damn mission by not taking damage on the big spells like mega holy and am2's (others had war subs) and tanked like champ down to 10% where it did a mini rage (like a half a chainspell but with ga's and am2) wiping me out with a ws at the end, told the brd and whm's to kite till i got up and had 200tp tp go finish the job with sekki, which just about happened, i ran in, yukki'd for 3% hp and get a ws back in return stunning me and putting my hp down to 150hp(from 1200 with the hp buff through out in weakened mode), just came un stunned while she was casting burst2 with gekko for the skillchain and her death!

now i can't choose what i want, i don't need the piece on monk or sam outside of speed movement and they can't share, im leveling pld so i probably need a haste/speed movement(and use that on sam), and my rdm could actually solo stuff with a bit of speed movement but a rarely use anyway ....

Comment

Dara, are you still leveling DRG and if so are you interested in this?

I think I can kill the NM that drops it but it's a difficult solo camp as the location where the NM spawns is halfway across the map so it can be difficult to get to the NM in time if it spawns.

If you're interested in trying for it sometime let me know as I'd like one myself (I love random R/E pieces taking up my storage space).

Comment

That looks sexy, I'll definitely be up for that - not sure how much time I'll have to get it mind, cash is a bit tight so I've just canceled my content IDs today for a month or so.

If you fancy trying for it tomorrow then we can give it a shot, otherwise it might be end of Feb or so.

Comment

Just killed the NM but no drop.

Got a little rough towards the end (and this was with Soothing Healer NPC) so is a little trickier than I'd have liked. Window opens again in 2 hours if you'd like to try.
                Last edited by C'; 24-01-2010, 08:45.

Comment

I'm game, yeah

Comment

Killed the Thrakon Breastplate NM three times yesterday (twice with TH3) and no luck with the drop. Got excited when the treasure icon appeared after the third kill but it fobbed us off with a Light Crystal. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be massively camped (I was there for a couple of hours on Saturday and most of yesterday and never saw any other player even showing interest in the NM).

Have to admit, I'm finding these NMs really addictive. Yes the droprates suck massively but the set pop times actually makes them a lot less stressful to camp. Once you get a ToD, you know (within a timeframe of about ten minutes) when to come back for the next pop. So far I've picked up the following items from them. Most aren't useful for jobs I've leveled yet but stuck them on a mule (or into storage for Rare/EX pieces).

Obviously a WHM piece.

Quite simply the best low melee melee TP piece in the game. Got this on my SAM right now (along with an Exactitude Mantle +1) as I prepare to finish off my EXP run to 37.

Don't know why I went after this. XD I think BST were pretty stoked with it though.

2005 says WOOHOO!

Currently sits next to my Shaman's Cloak in Storage as an awesome mid-level piece for a job that will almost certainly never get to that level.

I'm probably going to look at taking on the NM for these soon.

Apparently it's soloable by NIN/DNC. I'm not sure if better alternatives are out there but to me they look like they are designed as a Quick Draw piece so if you want them Tobal, more than happy to hand them over if they drop.
                    Last edited by C'; 25-01-2010, 08:28.

Comment

those hands certainly beat everything else out there for QD, never knew they existed.

Comment

Few hours soloing last night in Rolanberry Fields (Fields of Valour) followed by a couple of hours in an EXP party and my SAM is now 34 (and rocking it 1337-style with Peacock Charm and Ochiudo's Kote.

Hoping to get it finished off to 37 tonight.

And by complete chance, picked up these from a brown casket whilst soloing.

Comment

SAM37 sorted after a massive delay of about 3 months. Can't say it was the most fun subjob I've leveled but I will admit that once I hit level 35 last night and in EXP last night, switching between Seigan and Hasso as I gained and lost hate was pretty cool.

Hopefully I can get back onto RNG now and cap EXP/merit.

Dara, is your account still active? Thinking of trying that NM again this evening if you're interested.

Comment

It should still be going yeah, it's paid up for the remainder of the month at least.

I should be free this evening to try again

Comment

Ok, it's going to be around 10:30pm before I'm trying though. Won't be on before then.

Comment

Another year of no luck

got 3x rank5's

1 number off a rank 3 (got 333 instead of 733) and 1 off rank2 (got 2164 instead of 1164), and 2 off rank 1 (got 55842 instead of 58846)

Comment

Working...
                                X