Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need to now what the R/E tags on these new pieces (such as new rings) are.

Comment

And it's difficult not to feel that S-E is sucking of certain jobs whilst simultaneously pissing on others when one set get these:

Nocturnus Mail
      DEF:49 STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10
      Accuracy+12 "Triple Attack"+1%
      Occasionally absorbs magic damage
      taken
      Lv 75 WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG

Nocturnus Helm
      DEF:24 STR+6 DEX+6 AGI+6 Attack+8
      "Double Attack"+2%
      Occasionally absorbs physical damage
      taken
      Lv. 75 WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG

Whilst the remaining jobs gets:

Acubens Helm
      DEF:28 Accuracy-10 ≺Element: Thunder≻-15 ≺Element: Water≻+15
      Haste+6%
      Lv 75 MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC

Originally posted by Square-Enix FFXI Dev Team
      Hey PLD and 2handed weapon users, we've been incredibly kind to you guys over the last couple of years with equipment additions and job updates, but we don't feel it's been enough so here, have one of the most amazingly awesome pieces of gear we've ever created.

You other guys? LOL, you're still playing those jobs? Not taken the hint yet? Look I know we've tossed a few marginal job updates recently but that was just because our programmers were bored and couldn't think of any other ways to make SAM any more powerful or PLD any more invincible. Erm, ok well we can give you something too. Let's see, how about that Haste+6% headpiece we were thinking about. Sounds good right? Still, there may be an itsy bitsy chance that that could be a little overpowered, so we're gonna have to hit with a acc-10 penalty. Sorry.

PS - level PLD or a 2 handed job.

kthx

Comment

That haste headpiece is lol enough without the penalty to acc

Good going as per usual SE!

Comment

Without the ACC penalty it's the best TP piece in the game.

Comment

Heh, something that may actually be good for NIN. I'm shocked:

DEF:15 STR+4 Accuracy+3
            "Double Attack"+2% "Slow"+4%

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              Without the ACC penalty it's the best TP piece in the game.
              Doesn't the turban have +5 haste? I'd rather have that and the bonuses to hp and mp.

Comment

HP and MP are pretty useless to TP in no? I'm not even sure why anyone would need the MP bonus on it.

Comment

Rep is correct. HP and MP are useless then it comes to TPing for a DD role. An extra Haste would always be preferable.

Comment

Not always true Kraken DRKs love HP, I often loan out bg lumps of my PLD HP build for that. Haste stacks nicely on it as well

Situational but hey its a use!

Comment

Never the less - woah woah!

Comment

OK, there is one situation where HP on the Haste piece is beneficial. I concede that. Although it's irrelevant anyway as DRK isn't on the piece of gear we're discussing.

Comment

Still, compared to the 2hander equip, it's still lol even without the acc penalty as it's only a minor improvement to a skill, where as the other equips are major boosts without a penalty.

Comment

as monk i can see it uses if you don't have certain gear, i can already reach cap using just Blackbelt, Turban, Byakko and Usu Feet, so the main reason for using hat head would be to juggle around equipment, picking Usu Legs for extra attack, and gain 1%haste, tp store and 28:def onthe head... plus - acc can always be gotten around with sushi.

Comment

Check Version is up...

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                as monk i can see it uses if you don't have certain gear, i can already reach cap using just Blackbelt, Turban, Byakko and Usu Feet, so the main reason for using hat head would be to juggle around equipment, picking Usu Legs for extra attack, and gain 1%haste, tp store and 28:def onthe head... plus - acc can always be gotten around with sushi.
                                Those jobs listed are in most cases uses sushi or Marinara Pizza already.

There are no slots that I can think of where it would be beneficial to make up the accuracy loss to gain 1% haste.

Comment

Working...
                                X