Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, it as a facetious comment based on the number of "****s" that you posted.

I've been looking at the new katanas too and like yourself, concerned that I'm not going to be able to actually make the most of this. There's a new katana with base damage 4/5 higher than the current best non-relic but after that the only real option that I can see as an improvement is the Occasionally Attacks Twice option which I imagine will really help NIN but the requirements are basically for people who have a range of HNM contacts to call upon.

Comment

I honestly don't understand why they've bothered with all this ****, if they still believe they'll be launching XIV this year.

Server merges, level cap increases, new add-ons. Hardly the sort of thing one would expect to happen to a game which will probably have limited appeal in the space of 9 months.

But this is SE after all, faces and palms are starting to become synonymous with the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        I honestly don't understand why they've bothered with all this ****, if they still believe they'll be launching XIV this year.

Server merges, level cap increases, new add-ons. Hardly the sort of thing one would expect to happen to a game which will probably have limited appeal in the space of 9 months.

But this is SE after all, faces and palms are starting to become synonymous with the company.
        Wait, so continuing support with a 12 month plan is a bad thing now? I can only imagine the comments if they're weren't bothering "with all this ****" and had no plan at all...

FFXIV will be drastically different to XI anyway, it might not be as well embraced as you might believe.

Comment

A 12 month plan is no bad thing, provided it can be implemented properly, which based on their track record hasn't always come to pass and based on some of these comments they're shooting themselves in the foot.

What did they expect to come from a population growth of such magnitude? Make the content more accessible or don't bother with it, it would end up doing more harm than good otherwise.

Comment

The server merging was ridiculously ill-thought out. The populations on some of the new destination servers are currently close to, or in excess, of the levels that led to character creation on Bahamut and Odin being closed.

Comment

My comments were focusing on the new content opposed to the server merges, which as i've stated several times and as Rare pointed out; ill-thought out. There was no way it was ever going to work, it's unclear what plans the dev team have for the closed servers, possibly FFXIV but be good if someone could clarify.

Once the next update is out (final missions, expansion, level cap etc) there could still be a wave of returning players, i'd have quit full time had it not been for all the new 1337 announcements. It'll all come crashing down (literally) soon anyway, so the dev team will be forced to revise a new server plan.

Comment

One for the ffxi cutscene fan in me, and brought a little smile to my face, it seems depending on how your completion of national quests(i.e. finish or not) when you deliver letters to the nations you get different speech, so far San'd was happy to see me, Bastok knew me as a run of mill adventure, now off to windy to see what they say being i've done there national quests to. This is something i've wanted to see in ffxi for ages.

Comment

What letters are those?

Comment

Have to go asking around the other nations for help vs Alex, windy's Kupipi said to me "you know the drill'ell, up the stairs"

Comment

Apparently (and I'm taking this with a pinch of salt) new character creation is blocked for the new merged servers.

Comment

well i've completed 3 trials for the H2H, killing Trufflex3, Helldriverx3 and Orctrapx3 since yesterday, left it on over night to get the last Helldriver, then since 6am camped up orctrap with other people taking it in turn to kill PH's so i can sleep .. not done crap like that since trying to do NA dyna run inthe week with work to go to. Now im just going to wait on other complete the VNM's bits to see how usefull the double attack stuff is, as either way it going to require killing Tier2 VNM's the basic DMG increase weapon.

Also ran into a dead end with this Alex/Odin stuff gonna need a team to farmthe key items, mining getting me no where, it packed and its dangerous.

Comment

Right I started looking at what I haven't got done last night, I need to...

* Complete the final fight for the Moogle add on
                          * Get started on the Shantoto add on, just on the first run around mission now
                          * Get WotG up to date, currently on
                          Bastok - A light in the darkness
                          Windy - A manifest problem
                          Sandy - Song Birds in a snow storm
                          Mission - Distorter of time
                          * I need to get 3 avatars Odin, Alexander and Diabolos

So out of that lot is anyone interested I should have time this weekend on Saturday night and Sunday in the day. I'm going to work on getting as far as I can in the Shantoto storyline solo (llokslike mission 10 Battaru Royale).

Comment

It sounds like everyone is logging in to "have a look at the new server", sort out their gear etc (make sure it's still there)... hopefully the server won't be so crowded in a few days (perhaps after the first weekend) when that stops, and those who had mostly forgotten about the game return to a state of forgetfulness.

Places like Whitegate (and formerly Jeuno) have always been a bottleneck. I'm surprised they've not found a better solution by now... that's something that is a concern for the remainder of FFXI and FFXIV.

V

Comment

First drops from the VNMs got, MND ring and the helm from a tier 3 crab. Seems like these can be farmed pretty rapidly, be interested to see hwo the tier 4s go still working out the exact deatils.

Fought Skuld a few times as well imune t Gravity and Paralyze but will take Slow and Poison easily. Should eb low mannable I'd say need 6 right now to deal with chainspell, 2 x stunner, 1 tank, 1 healer and nuking DD.

Comment

Originally posted by vwilsonuk View Post
                                Places like Whitegate (and formerly Jeuno) have always been a bottleneck. I'm surprised they've not found a better solution by now... that's something that is a concern for the remainder of FFXI and FFXIV.

V
                                While not an ideal solution, the problem "fixed itself" via underpopulated servers. I was able to glide through, craft outside Whitegate AH with ease and with max draw distance etc (as i demonstrated to Rare on teh new pc). Unless the servers catch fire though, i doubt they'll even consider it an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X