Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we save Odin for tomorrow/weekend possibly? I'm not online today, going to be in manchester for most of it until about 10 or so this evening.

Comment

Well here they are.

The traits section is a little difficult to understand so appologies if they come in the wrong place. Will fix any mistakes as I notice.

Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (17/06/2010)

No level cap increase is complete without an accompanying arsenal of new job abilities, traits, and magic spells. Come the June version update, adventurers will find themselves empowered with myriad new ways to smite enemies and support comrades in battle. As the icing on this scrumptious cake of additions, performance-enhancing tweaks are also being whipped up for certain existing job abilities.

The following job abilities will be added:

Restraint (WAR Lv.77 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
      Enhances your weapon skill power with each normal attack you land, but prevents you from dealing critical hits.

Perfect Counter (MNK Lv.79 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
      Allows you to counter the next attack directed at you.

Mana Wall (BLM Lv.76 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 sec.)
      Allows you to take damage with MP.

Despoil (THF Lv.77 Ability delay: 5 min.)
      Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.

Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
      Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.

Nether Void (DRK Lv.78 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
      Increases the absorption of your next dark magic spell.

Double Shot (RNG Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
      Occasionally uses two units of ammunition to deal double damage.

Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
      Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.

Futae (NIN Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
      Grants a bonus to your next elemental ninjutsu by expending two ninja tools.

Spirit Jump (DRG Lv.77 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
      Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.

Blood Pact: Rage "Holy Mist" (SMN Lv.76)
      Deals light elemental damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Lunar Bay" (SMN Lv.78)
      Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Night Terror" (SMN Lv.80)
      Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Bolter's Roll (COR Lv.76)
      Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.

Caster's Roll (COR Lv.79)
      Enhances "Fast Cast" effect for party members within area of effect.

Tactical Switch (PUP Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min.)
      Swaps TP of master and automaton.

Presto (DNC Lv.77 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
      Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.

Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
      Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.

Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
      Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.

Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
      Examines the target's enmity level.

The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:

- Beastmasters will be able to invoke the aid of six new creatures via the "Call Beast" ability by using the following items:
      Cunning Brain Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth / Deepbed Soil / Wool Grease / Vermihumus / Dancing Herbal Broth

- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" will be reduced from 60 to 40.
      - When dragoons use the "Spirit Link" ability, half of their wyvern's TP will be transferred to them.
      - If a corsair's "Double-Up" ability produces a total of XI, the roll's effect duration will be extended to 10 minutes.
      - Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members.
      - The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.

Support jobs will be subject to the following ability restrictions:

- The white mage abilities "Afflatus Misery" and "Afflatus Solace" will be unavailable.
      - The ranger ability "Shadowbind" will receive a penalty to accuracy.
      - The ninja abilities "Innin" and "Yonin" will be unavailable.
      - The scholar abilities "Accession" or "Manifestation" will triple rather than double the recast time for associated spells.

The following job traits will be added:

*The jobs column indicates the level at which the trait will first be learned. The degree of mastery will increase in stages thereafter.

Crit. Atk. Bonus - Improves power of critical hits.
      WAR Lv.78 THF Lv.78 DNC Lv.80

Crit. Def. Bonus - Improves defense against critical hits.
      PLD Lv.79 BRD Lv.80

Tactical Parry - Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack.
      NIN Lv.77 DNC Lv.77

Tactical Guard - Grants bonus TP when guarding against an attack.
      MNK Lv.77 PUP Lv.80

Shield Def. Bonus - Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield.
      WAR Lv.80 PLD Lv.77

Stout Servant - Reduces damage taken by pet.
      BST Lv.78 PUP Lv.78

True Shot - Grants a damage bonus to ranged attacks performed at an appropriate distance.
      RNG Lv.78

Blood Boon - Occasionally cuts down MP cost of Blood Pact abilities. Does not affect abilities that require Astral Flow.
      SMN Lv.60

Skillchain Bonus - Improves skillchain damage.
      SAM Lv.78 DNC Lv.45

Fencer - Increases rate of critical hits when wielding with the main hand only. Grants a TP bonus to weapon skills.
      WAR Lv.45 BST Lv.80

Conserve TP - Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills.
      RNG Lv.80 DRG Lv.45 DNC Lv.77

Occult Acumen - Grants bonus TP when dealing damage with elemental or dark magic.
      DRK Lv.45 SCH Lv.78

Mag. Burst Bonus - Improves magic burst damage.
      BLM Lv.45 NIN Lv.80 SCH Lv.79

Divine Benison - Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic. Grants a bonus to enmity reduction
      WHM Lv.50

Resist Amnesia - Gives you a slight resistance against amnesia.
      BST Lv.15 COR Lv.30 PUP Lv.15

The following magic spells will be added:

- White Magic
      Cure VI: WHM Lv.80
      Protect V: WHM Lv.76 / RDM Lv. 77 / SCH Lv.80
      Shell V: WHM Lv.76
      Baramnesia: RDM Lv.78
      Baramnesra: WHM Lv.78

- Black Magic
      Stone V: BLM Lv.77 / SCH Lv.79 (Addendum: Black)
      Water V: BLM Lv.80
      Aspir II: DRK Lv.78

- Songs
      Foe Requiem VII: BRD Lv.76
      Army's Paeon VI: BRD Lv.78
      Knight's Minne V: BRD Lv.80

- Ninjutsu
      Aisha: Ichi: NIN Lv.78
      *Uses the ninja tool "Soshi".

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
      Shell IV: PLD Lv.80
      Phalanx: PLD Lv.77
      Regen II: RDM Lv.76

- Black Magic
      Stone III: DRK Lv.76
      Stone IV: RDM Lv.77
      Water III: DRK Lv.80
      Water IV: RDM Lv.80

Several new blue magic spells will be added.

So there we have it.

Persona thoughts. Well RNG looks to have come out of it quite well.

Double Shot sounds good and getting True Shot and Conserve TP I imagine will be nice DD bonuses.

NIN, well you'd think I'd be used to this by now but they really don't know what to do with the job at all. Tactical Parry is pretty nice I suppose but the focus on elemental magic is concerning when the spells simply aren't powerful enough to be used in any meaningful way. Really surprised they didn't a least give us Crit. Atk. Bonus.

Guess it depends on what Aisha is.

Oh and lolLibra.
      Last edited by C'; 17-06-2010, 12:08.

Comment

At work so will coment more later but omg pld can learn Phalanx: PLD Lv.77 lol!

Comment

That really doesn't change much. Except RDM need to remove their Phalanx II merits XD

In terms of tanking, the new Fast Cast roll is more important (probably the closest thing to Haste COR is going to get).

I imagine WHM merits change too as I can't see any point in meriting Protectra V any more. Simply learn Protect V and then Ascension (or whatever the /SCH AOE abilty is) it. Shellra V MDT-x% effect still makes it worth maxing out though.
          Last edited by C'; 17-06-2010, 12:52.

Comment

Just thought, are they changing mob lvls? Were are we gonna exp!!?

Comment

you forget pld Enchancing magics isn't very high, at best giving 19/20% if there capped.

Still woo fast cast roll, monk seems to get shafted again with ****, we get a **** 3rd eye and extra tp for guarding when for 99% of monks it around skilled betwen 100-200, well off cap cos it never ****ing goes off as its the last check in all defense moves.

Comment

New BLM spells = nice
                Mana Wall = hmm
                More RDM spells = nice
                RNG bonuses = nice

Interesting to see the new critical hit with main hand trait added for WAR at such a reasonably low level, wonder if this is part of some scheme to give the job a little credibility back. Still, I think that once BRD and RNG are finished off then that's going to be it for me in regards to jobs (unless new ones ever happen to be added). Will most likely finish off my 64 BST for BRD soloing but I can see DRG sitting at 61 for the foreseeable future.

Comment

WAR is one of the most credible jobs going. A WAR/SAM is probably the only thing that can compete with SAM itself.

Comment

I just never seem to see them in parties anymore so assume they're a generally under appreciated job.

I've not been in too many merit ones however, so maybe they only become especially desirable for those?

Comment

Can anyone give me any advise with the Roar! A Cat Burglar Bares Her Fangs mission for the moogle addon?

Tried it yesterday and our pld just got mawled.

Comment

So, today is probably the biggest day in FFXI's life for a long time. Will level 80 reinvigorate the game or signal the beginning of the end (FFXI's 'Jumping the Shark' moment maybe?)

I've had 3 months to get ready for this update and can confirm that I have 0 subjobs ready for the new level cap.

Apparently maintenance is scheduled to run from 6pm-9pm our time which seems quite short.

Comment

Back to my 360 tonight it seems, well until 9 lolol

Comment

I wouldn't expect to be logging in this evening, even if it's scheduled to be back up at 9 (which I really don't see happening - has there been an update so far which hasn't seen a delayed maintenance period?)

Also, I don't see the cap increase harming it too much. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think 75 was the highest level at launch, the game will just adapt around it.

Comment

You’re completely right about that of course. There have been 5 level cap increases in the history of the game so far. In fact when the oldest hands of us started the game back in October 2003 (I think only myself and Tobal remain from that group now) the level cap was actually 70 with the increase to 75 coming in the following December.

What I think may be an important distinction is the period of time the game has remained capped at 75. Going from the initial cap of 50 to 75 happened in just over 18 months of the game’s life, whereas this next increase is happening after the cap has been 75 for over six and a half years. So much content has been released in that time (including 3 expansion packs) that there is potentially a lot more “tweaking” that needs to be done in this instance and therefore a lot more that can go wrong.
                              Last edited by C'; 21-06-2010, 13:33.

Comment

I like the excitment of things going wrong, i remember when they messed up darks haste cap it was well good for that day. Free relic speed lol.

Didnt they also mess up SAM WS but they got to keep it for a few weeks?

Comment

Working...
                                X