Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, i didn't twig what it was until about 20mins in. It was literally me running about going oooooooh, and ahhhhhhh. There's an npc inside that sells the map and those gear sets etc though.

Comment

Which area were you in? Is Abyssea like limbus? or when you went in were there other people in the same area etc?

Ive just sussed that Walk of Echos is somthing different. After reading this

Last edited by djtickle; 22-06-2010, 08:54.

Comment

damn limit breaking, 3 merits and 5 KS to break it.

Comment

They are two completely different things.

Abyssea you get booted out with a cool, blur type thing and dumped back in "normal" Vana'diel.

Walk of Echoes is a massive hall with 8 or so crystals in, each crystal leads to a different battlefield, running at different times, 30min max. You can only enter one, after it's over you get booted back to the hallway. To enter another you need to leave Walk of Echoes, and check the entrance in Xar [S] for another keyitem, next game day. It's a really odd drawn out process.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            damn limit breaking, 3 merits and 5 KS to break it.
            Yeah lol looks like some meriting is needed later! Dang.

Rep is there anything else you need to do after that?

Comment

That's something else that has annoyed me. Only the 7 jobs that get merit invites get to clear the limit break quest now. Everyone else has to struggle through overcrowded Campaign battles or try and solo the EXP.

I think the gear updates have been awesome but I'm not sure if that is enough for me.

Comment

Yeah not sure how im gonna get on with blm to 80 Sadly its one job i really wanna get there. Will prob put priortiy into rdm, blm and pld. I take it the merit menu is just available now from 75+

Comment

Looking back over this update, I'm kind of regretting the level increase now, just as I'm really getting into Bard

I do want to take my blm, thf and rdm further, but I know there's very little to no chance of me getting merit invites on at least two of those jobs. Maybe I should just focus on my Brd - afterall I probably won't be using any other job once that's at maximum lol.

Comment

I do see your point, i feel kinda meh now about having to regear and lvl again.

But suppose most people with many jobs lvl'd will feel the same, imagin the maats cap people.

Comment

cough ls parties cough, i don't mind 8-10k/hr parties if we need to level jobs, so far i've exp'd on orc in La vaule and wyvern with tickle in gruberg.

Comment

Finally finished Moogle last night 1/4 on the last bc went rdm/blm x2 / SAM/WAR / DRG/SAM / BLM/RDM x2. It was very very easy after we had got the strat down, took us 14mins.

This is were i need help! What head do i get? With all the new stuff thats out is there anything that stands out?

I was thinking

Champion's Galea with added

STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15
                        Accuracy+10 Attack+5

or is it worth the "Evasion+10 Store TP +4" I need to check out my DD build sets and how many "hit" builds I have. I assume 6hit is stil standard /sam

Othwise it would be Selenian Cap

INT+4 Magic Accuracy+2
                        "Magic Atk. Bonus"+2 HP Recovered While Healing +3

But im sure ive seen some INT+6 or 7 hats added this update, not sure how easy they are to get.

----------------------

Moving on i traveled into Abyssea for PoL to crash on me twice so by the time i got back in my 5mins to prepare myself on entry had gone and I would have had to wait a hour for re-entry and at 2am meh.

-----------------------

Also i was thinking about making a Vision of Abyssea LS, what you guys think? No real rules v.chilled back but seeing if I can a bigger grp of people in a LS to do somthing daily? (More like jumping on the bang wagon why its hot.) So far i think 12 people have pretty much had no problems.
                        Last edited by djtickle; 23-06-2010, 08:04.

Comment

I don't think any Champion's Galea melee combination involving Store TP would beat out Haste+5% that you get on Walahra Turban so the only real option in terms of melee is the weapon skill augments you picked.

Comment

I would probably go with the WS accuracy as well on the melee piece.

Chances are you've got Morrigan's for BLM and RDM so you already have a better piece there.

Comment

i chose ws hat of

STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15
                              4+AGI, ws damage +2%

so it stacks with overwhlem for a crazy 21% overwhelm

---

we also need to do something about VNM, im pretty sure we all want the base emp weapon and that require the pure DMG route of killing VNM t2 mobs(3 of them) before venturing into Abyssa to get what ever this item are.
                              Last edited by Tobal; 23-06-2010, 11:12.

Comment

Maybe setup a LS to do VNM / Abyssea and maybe walk of echos?

It seems to be were SE are going with the new equip so im sure it would be easy to scoop up some people. I also have some old friend that play from mine and tobals old shell that are just "chilling" so would prob be up for it.

I in no way mean for this to be a "Serious" shell just with a lil bit of organisation and maybe some bigger numbers. No HNM etc...

I mean ill gladly do it if you guys are up for it but, dont want to step on any rargh toes. Im positive now that im back so putting the time in isnt a problem. I mean we could do it in rargh but it depends how u lot feel about it.
                                Last edited by djtickle; 23-06-2010, 12:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X