X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 8th Vana'versary!!

Last edited by Rep; 11-05-2010, 13:10.

Comment

Do they still give out those insane exp+ rings? I still have an untouched one.

Comment

Yes, in the past i've always used it for BLM solo (800-900 per kill). Not sure whether to save it for that, for when the cap increases, or to use it and finish RDM quickly.

There's also these now Dav;

Comment

Countdown to capping Parrying skill is on!

New Version Update Announcement! (14/05/2010)

We are pleased to announce that our development team is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XI version update, which is currently on track for a mid-June release.

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.

But that's not all! Adventurers across Vana'diel can look forward to experiencing the climactic conclusions of the popular Wings of the Goddess nation quest storylines, braving the eerie environs of the new Walk of Echoes area, taking up the gauntlet with new Trial of the Magians trials, and much more! With a host of job adjustments and other refinements on the way as well, this update is sure to offer something for players of all stripes.

As always, detailed previews will be forthcoming right here in the Topics section, so keep watching this space!
          Considering for the last update "mid-March" translated into 22 March, I predict this one will fall on 21 June, giving me a little over 5 weeks to get the remaining level and a bit needed to cap Parry. Can I do it?

{excitement}

Comment

This capped parrying may be easier than I thought.

Picked up a total of 0.6 skillups in a couple of hours this evening. First was a 0.3 rise that got me 268 (caps at 269) which was then followed by a 0.1 and a 0.2. As I don't know how far away I was from, 268 when I got the 0.3 I'm unsure exactly how many more skillups I need but worst case scenario I'm 0.7 away from cap (best case = 0.5).

Comment

!!!

Rarehero wins against S-E's Lv.80 update!

1.2 parrying skill in just over 24 hours, including 2 0.3 increases to cap it (I expected the last couple of skills to be 0.1 and for it to really drag out).

Comment

Cool weekend. One of those times where (nearly) everything went right.

Capped parrying (and used 6 stocked merit points to merit it 3 times, need 40k EXP for the final increase), made a decent bit of gil without even trying, progressed with my Magian Trial katana and best of all, notched up my first two First Lieutenant Assault clears.

Can’t believe I’ve put these off for so long as they were both awesome fun. The Price is Right (King Goldemaar) was probably a little rougher than I was led to believe but Bellephoroon’s Bliss (Khimaera X14) was a pretty much flawless run with the exception of Rep mistiming when to run in to reapply Auspice and eating a nasty TP attack.

Just three more clears needed for Captain rank and we’re hoping to get at least another clear this evening. Probably Bloody Rondo.

The only disappointment was not making any progress with A Shantotto Ascension.

Comment

You don't want to try for The Susanoo Shuffle too? Would rather leave Cerb till last, it's pretty rough.

Have the following Assault remaining:

Sergeant - Supplies Recovery
                  Sergeant Major - Azure Experiments / Wamoura Farm Raid
                  Chief Sergeant - Egg Conservation
                  First Lieutenant - Bloody Rondo / The Susanoo Shuffle

RDM is now 68, so can enter group 1 status in Dynacore, managed 2 levels in an epic Manaburn at Xara[S], there's a camp with 4-5 Beastmaster Gigas roaming the same area.

Will retry ASA on Wednesday too.
                  Last edited by Rep; 17-05-2010, 11:23.

Comment

If possible, of course, but I was just putting what I think we could do initially. A second clear would be dependant on if we are successful with Bloody Rondo first time and how quickly we can get people joined up.

Comment

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/ex1.html

Comment

Rep's promise, I will give Daragon the sum of 1 million gil if he hits BRD75.

Comment

Haha, yeah right. I gave him a Vali’s Bow on the agreement he’d level RNG to 75. That was almost eighteen months ago now and I don’t think it even gained a single level.

So, two clears away from Captain after clearing The Susannoo Shuffle (after attempts to clear Bloody Rondo resulted in no one joining).Really confused me though. Failed the first attempt at around 7%. We went in with a setup of PLD/NIN, WAR/NIN, BLU/NIN, RNG/NIN, COR and WHM. Seemed to be going really well at first but somehow the WAR died at around 50% and we seemed to really struggle at the end to deal damage quick enough with the PLD not able to maintain any substantial hate and some unfortunately timed Physical Shields preventing us from going for a big finish.

Decided to retry but the PLD had to leave so I switched to NIN and we decided to try and get a BRD for the sixth slot. So we go in and immediately the BRD gets disconnected leaving us at five. Decided to go for it anyway and Hojo: Ni (Slow) lands easily and we get to work. A little over five minutes later Orochi is dead with no major issues of concern. I’m baffled how the first battle could be so drawn out and troublesome yet we reattempt with five people and it passes without a hitch.

Still, just Better Than One and Bloody Rondo to go. Hoping to be Captain by the weekend.

Comment

To be fair, I did stick with that promise rare, up until the point when the static broke up. I got my RNG to 71 and gave up after I ran out of gil to continue funding my expensive ammo. I fully intend to finish it off at some point, honestly

And yes, I will be taking BRD to 75 - it will be worth it if only to see Rep hand over the gil and to rename the LS after me, which was another of his promised incentives

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              And yes, I will be taking BRD to 75 - it will be worth it if only to see Rep hand over the gil and to rename the LS after me, which was another of his promised incentives
                              lool!

Comment

Are there any alternatives to Fraps when recording videos? I started filming as we entered that Assault last night, 10mins later I ended up with 7 files at a total of 40gig. Which isn't that helpful.

I suppose it doesn't help i'm playing at 1680x1050 with a 2048x2048 overlay, i'm not that up on video editing though, and would like some decent vids without losing the in-game resolutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X