Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakiedokie, now we've established where you are. who are you?

Comment

LOL - sorry, you're absolutely right - my name is Estrathio on FFXI, I'm currently a level 24 WHM with a 15 BLM sub. Just got my Chocobo license too.

Been playing (slowly) for the last three/four months.

Comment

Dara, we're in a state of rebooting Rargh right now, and there's 6 regular members on the shell at the minute. Any you rejoining us?

Comment

I'll log back on at some point.

How long for though is anyone's guess right now - I'm behind on so much, barely scratched ASA or WoG and due to me being away for a fortnight I've yet to start at all any of the new stuff included with the last update

Comment

Cheers to everyone involved tonight, that's the best thing Rargh has done in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
              LOL - sorry, you're absolutely right - my name is Estrathio on FFXI, I'm currently a level 24 WHM with a 15 BLM sub. Just got my Chocobo license too.

Been playing (slowly) for the last three/four months.
              You're welcome to a Rargh linkpearl, however it's my understanding you've been offered one in the past but declined it? Most of what we do is aimed towards endgame content, as some Rargh members have been playing since 2003. We're trying some new stuff VNMs, which is going to keep us pretty busy at the moment, so if people are willing we might be able to help out here and there if you do join us but it'll likely be the odd bit of advice. For example my main is WHM and i've been playing it for a number of years now, i'd be happy to advise anything related to the job.

That said the level cap will rise beyond 75 soon, so afew of us might require some parties in the 30-50's for subjobs and past 75 for main, if you're around those levels. Best to get involved as soon as you can.

The more the merrier though!
              Last edited by Rep; 15-04-2010, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                Cheers to everyone involved tonight, that's the best thing Rargh has done in a long time
                Yes, overall it was awesome. I don?t think any of the kills were as smooth as they could have been (except Capricornus which none of us needed anyway) but it?s all about learning with these things and putting into practice any improvements that we can think of (i.e. Tobal thinking that he should come RDM to future Urd kills and Rep remembering to actually equip his club when we kill Urd).

One change I would definitely suggest is that we remember that the Tier 2 VNMs have 4 spawns (i.e. Jyeshtha spawns in West Sarutabaruta, West Sarutabaruta [S], Meriphataud Mountains and Meriphataud Mountains [S]) but killing in one of the zones does not stop it popping in the other three. Considering it is looking like we need to change job roles around (well mostly me, Tob and Kujara) depending on the NM it may be best that we focus on getting a few kills on one NM first, then change as needed and do repeat kills of the next NM. Just seems more efficient to do it like this rather than one kill, then up to 30 mins of downtime whilst deciding what to do next and job changes.

But as I say last night was just an initial test run to see where we were at. Obviously the Doomed NM caught us by surprise with the constant Slowga but I didn?t see anything there that was too problematic if we can find a way to combat that.

Still I think it shows that as a small shell we are still capable of completing the DMG+ magian weapons for people which is a lot more than I thought a week ago. If we get a few more people involved I think we?d be in a good position regarding T3 drops as well.

We could maybe also start looking at a few other things as well. I don?t think T1 or T2 ZNMs would be impossible for us. I?d be especially interested in killing this guy:

Timed spawn every 4-5 hours at (I-10) on the first map. If you wipe after aggroing Oupire, he will despawn immediately when he goes unclaimed. If this happens, his respawn timer will reset to maximum. If he isn't claimed (yellow name) when the last person in party dies, he will remain up, and not depop. Attacks twice per round. At 25% his attack rounds greatly increase in speed, becoming more consistent with four a round. TP attacks and spells can hit members outside of Alliance, regardless of h

Purely because this would be absolutely awesome.

Comment

Haha yeah, sorry about that, honest mistake, you'd be surprised how often i have a club out in party situations Capricornus was clearly not an indication as to the difficulty of the others though.

Hudoo also mentioned low-manning Limbus bosses with more people, and when I asked Kujara he was after Askar Body and one of the Denali pieces. So i'm pretty excited now about some of the stuff we can start doing again.

Comment

Hello! Thought I'd say Hi in here been awhile since i used these forums Nanoprim in game now as you now

Comment

Comment

In 4 runs I managed to get logged to 85 I'd had enough

Comment

Thanks to Daragon and Hudoo I've unlocked Trueflight meaning I've now got every weapon skill that NIN and RNG have access to sorted (relics excluded obviously). It’s a strange weapon skill. I think it’s classed as magical damage and its output isn’t affected by base damage on the weapon and ammo used, instead relying purely on its AGI mod and also being boosted by Magic Atk. Bonus. Not sure whether the end results will ever be worth putting together a specific build for it.

Almost got every piece of equipment I need to take MNK to 37 now. Main thing I’m missing is Boreas Cesti so will need to camp Kirata but will leave that until I’m around MNK25. It’s just punching things over and over but it’s a surprisingly fun job to level.

I presume we’re looking at Limbus at around 8pm tonight? I’m certain we don’t have quite enough people yet to put together a workable low man strategy for Omega but we should certainly be able to clear enough zones to put together a popset for when we do.
                          Last edited by C'; 19-04-2010, 08:54.

Comment

Rimbus tonight eh? Sounds fun - count me in

Comment

At some point I'll have to get another Rargh pearl logged back on today for the first time in weeks. Got an Aspi kill, can barely give away king bodies these days

Comment

Checking names at various camps against the w1zbot user list is pretty fun way to pass the time Quite a few match up too.

Comment

Working...
                                X