X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woop

lol

Comment

Just reading some of the recent comments in this thread. Abyssea era destroyed anything that was good in this game for me. Everything that we struggled to do in the past became an utter joke, it feels like any sense of achievement has gone. The playerbase turned to ****, the same thing is happening right now in XIV, all people seem interested in is PL'ing jobs, once they hit 50 they can't even perform the most basic actions.

FFXI has been about gear acquisition for well over a year now.

Comment

I agree! But saying that getting to the final boss in Voidwatch has been fun, and ive yet to clear him hes a hard sob even for 18 peeps!

Comment

Today marks the tenth anniversary of the game's original PS2 release in Japan. Obviously this isn't the date the original old timers (what was it, The Five Year Club Rep once called us ) started playing (that was October 2003) but obviously still an important milestone. How many MMORPGs have come and gone in that timespan? Certainly, I don't think the game gets the respect it deserves in that regard. Don't think anyone in the western media has even mentioned the game to any degree since 2004.

I may have had my problems with how the game has gone over the more recent years but in your heyday (2003-2006) FFXI, you were awesome. Very, VERY, awesome!!!

From left to right:
          Rarehero, Vanicent (in pre-RNG WAR30 mode), Wedgemoon, Talizker, Poochyena (pre-Moot character #1), Mihki, Tobal, Nyoneme, Mahlory, Apathye, Cesarion (pre-Moot character #2), Daragon (back when we didn't know what the **** job he was), Bayan

Comment

*tears* back when your new gear could be used to complete mission and story content, instead of a chest full of logs and ores(though i did get some 1.4m gloves in a chest sunday 0/200 on getting anything)

Logging in on my first proper MMO adventure, not knowing what the heck to do
            Getting lost i La Thiene, meeting rare for the first time
            low level Dune parties, Yuhtunga Jungle trains!
            Level cap trauma
            Killing Shadowlord
            AF getting, and feeling badass in full sam AF
            that first Tachi:Yukikaze, THAT DMG!!!
            Trauma over camping O.kotes, making gil for Haubie, sniper ring and Hagun
            Getting to SKY with Wedgemoon with a full guided tour by some friendly Sky camper, who got himself killed
            the trials of CoP hardmode.
            Dynamis LOTTERY!! that feeling then your **** drops and the next in line couldn't make the run
            Shantotto lucky escape and the legend of the Kirin Osode!
            (edit* how could i forget Dara's "RUnnnnnnn" and sunday spire dungeon crawls)

and another million things im forgetting... i don't think i could every get in another mmo again, wiki ruined/improved everything
            Last edited by Tobal; 16-05-2012, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Dynamis LOTTERY!! that feeling then your **** drops and the next in line couldn't make the run
              THIS x 1000!

Comment

(edit* how could i forget Dara's "RUnnnnnnn" and sunday spire dungeon crawls)
                I remember that *shakes head in shame*

Still, it all came good in the end as it saw me join up with Tickle to finish off COP in a static. Best time I've had with the game, we kicked ass and took names.

Damn, I really do miss FFXI

Comment

That Dynamis comment. So true. I got Koga Chainmail as when it dropped the person who was first in line for it had to logout 5 minutes earlier

Or the Dynamis San d''Oria where I was desperate for Scout's Braccae for my RNG and everything else had dropped all run apart from them. They dropped with less than 10 minutes to spare. After that, Rep made his first attempt at synthing Cursed Finger Gauntlets and HQed a -1 on his first attempt. Awesome night!

Our Phomiuna Aquaducts events (for subligars and other quests) was brilliant too.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    Our Phomiuna Aquaducts events (for subligars and other quests) was brilliant too.
                    I remember those fondly.

This thread must be a goldmine for some of you, everything ever done worth mentioning is logged here.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 17-05-2012, 07:01.

Comment

Logging in on my first proper MMO adventure, not knowing what the heck to do
                      EPIC!

Getting lost i La Thiene, meeting rare for the first time
                      That ****ing Orc!

Comment

heh, i think i got song as part of the official POL ost they released a couple of months a ago(i think it was some bonus cd that came with the last released soundtrack).

I think im gonna spend some part of this weekend rereading the whole thread

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                          Or the Dynamis San d''Oria where I was desperate for Scout's Braccae for my RNG and everything else had dropped all run apart from them. They dropped with less than 10 minutes to spare. After that, Rep made his first attempt at synthing Cursed Finger Gauntlets and HQed a -1 on his first attempt. Awesome night!
                          Hard to see but

Comment

heh, i think i got song as part of the official POL ost they released a couple of months a ago(i think it was some bonus cd that came with the last released soundtrack).
                            It's the second disc with this one.

Contains all the music from PlayOnline Viewer.

Comment

making gil for Haubie
                              This.... I remember camping a NM with Rare, Moot, Tobal and Dara I think and Moot let my loldrk try on his Haub! I was like OMG how coooooool. #farmingsilkthread

Comment

For me it was the Scorpion Harness (which was worth about twice as much as a Haubergeon back in 2005). So many nights spent farming Slime Oil in Korroloka Tunnel, battling with known gilsellers every so often for claims and chatting with Apathye and Bayan to keep my sanity and motivation. All of which culminated with:

Look at the rest of the lolGear I have equipped with it

Oh, another favourite moment:

Then a few weeks later they increased the level cap and it wasn't blue any more.

Looking at my picture dates, those may have been the last screenshots I took of XI. I think capping Parrying was the last thing I cared about with the game. Never did hit it off with Abyssea did I.
                                Last edited by C'; 18-05-2012, 16:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X