Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been pushed back 24 hours, so it's now 2100-0100 tomorrow. Maybe there was a mix up in the pre-release notes, since the date magically changed from the 25th.

Comment

Pretty excited about tonight's update, typically it's available to play on a Friday, when I'm away from my PC

Are Rargh going to regroup? Now they've hopefully fixed party mechanics etc. There's still no mention of server side interface issues though.

Comment

Patch notes are up.

Almost sounds like we'll be playing FFXI again in terms of system functionality. A couple of things made me laugh such as:

The door to the Adventurers' Guild in Ul'dah is now always open.
        That ****ing door!

World population and nearby player counts are no longer displayed.

"Nooooo, server population isn't dropping exponentially by the day. Everything is fine. Keep playing!"
        Last edited by C'; 25-11-2010, 20:34.

Comment

Players can now use the button directly above the chat prompt to select chat modes, adjust log settings, and more

All I need now is the old "Shutdown" option

Known Issue D:

Auto-targeting of engaged enemies after one is defeated may not function correctly
          Wasn't that one of the highlights of the update?

Maybe I'm being thick, but I can't see anything about auto-item sort in the notes? I just want to stop ****ing moaning about that one thing
          Last edited by Rep; 25-11-2010, 20:39.

Comment

It took us 3-4 years to get that Shutdown option. It used to be Temp Logout which is as useless as it sounds.

Comment

The details on sort is in the table under System.

A sort feature has been added.
              * Enabling the sort feature organizes an inventory by item type. Disabling it will list items in the order in which they entered the inventory.
              Not surprised about the nerfs to Feint and Punishing Barbs. They were massively overpowered by all accounts.

Changes to Lay of the Land/Arbor Call/Gulleye seems unnecessary. It was good that you only needed to equip the highest one.

Seems like update may be available to download now too.
              Last edited by C'; 25-11-2010, 20:47.

Comment

Gave up using the official updater, was capping at 4k. Blasting through with uTorrent.

Comment

Great that ant spider thing scared the hell out of me now we have some scorpion...

Comment

Few quick impressions (not sure how many on server). The bad, the new rank/level menu looks like ****, the old one was a thousand times better. My framerate is really choppy now for some reason. The altered the position of the menu items too, it just looks weird.

The good, auto-sort, the difference is fantastic, and makes everything much nicer. Server side lag at present is a thing of the past, menus are instant, even selling to a npc takes a second now. Some neat little changes, like anima cost part of the menu, map coordinates already given for you, the linkshell menu informing you how many people are online etc.

Auto-target = Win
                    Last edited by Rep; 26-11-2010, 00:23.

Comment

Couple more hours with the update now, I'm really, really impressed with the small subtle changes. My five main issues were, Mage development, laggy menus, the magic acc, communication, and poor menu navigation.

All fixed

The new method for gaining Skill points is great, blue/green will give 185 a kill solo, with Orange/Yellow hitting 200-250. I'm really excited about Rargh getting back together to grind some exp

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        Couple more hours with the update now, I'm really, really impressed with the small subtle changes. My five main issues were, Mage development, laggy menus, the magic acc, communication, and poor menu navigation.

All fixed

The new method for gaining Skill points is great, blue/green will give 185 a kill solo, with Orange/Yellow hitting 200-250. I'm really excited about Rargh getting back together to grind some exp
                        Does that mean then that there is no more random rank xp? it's now a more fixed amount per fight and no more 0xp one fight and 170 the next.

Comment

It's fixed and is no longer based on players action. Me and Moot were XP'ing in the mines earlier and received the same fixed amount after each battle. Before It would take days and days just to gain a level as CON, I managed 17-19 full, in a couple of hours.

Comment

Having been absent from the game for 3 or so weeks i'm wondering what Ranks everyone is now, I think i'm about Rank 23.

Have got the update through the official patcher which seemed to work fine for once.

Comment

Anyone else notice Movement speed has been reduced? I thought I was going crazy and never mentioned it, but there's loads of people on BG noticed the same thing.

There's speculation SP gain is borked too, judging from mine and Moot's second venture into the mines earlier today, I'm inclined to believe it. A blue mob would give more to 3 of us, then a Red one did. I took out those IT Rats solo in the cellars near Gridania for 100SP.
                              Last edited by Rep; 29-11-2010, 00:34.

Comment

I'm thinking of returning (although Im a much lower level than all of you are probably).

Is it just interface changes that have been sorted now, or is there some new content?

Comment

Working...
                                X