This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true. It's on the Lodestone.

Also, I don't think InvisibleKid is suggesting I've bought a bootleg. Just that the strange design of the case for the CDs is done as an anti-bootleg measure.

Comment

Ah fair enough then

Interesting about the extension, be worth keeping an eye on those server numbers, I'll reactivate my account. It was enough to change my mind anyway, even with the update, had I have had to pay this month I had no plans on reactivating.

Comment

Still need to work out the cause of it crashing constantly for you though.

Also, Lodestone has some more detail for upcoming updates. New equipment (YAY! reskins), changes to crafting and removal of durability on undergarments (desperately needed).
        Last edited by C'; 16-11-2010, 14:57.

Comment

So much win!

New Features and User Interface Improvements (11/17/2010)

The large-scale version update tentatively scheduled for November 25 will bring about a number of changes to the user interface (UI). Among these will be improvements to controls on various menus and screens, an item-sorting feature, and further improvements to targeting and chat systems. In addition to reworking numerous facets of the UI, we will also be implementing a number of new features. This Topics post will introduce and detail a portion of these planned.

Menus
          Under the main menu, the Attributes & Gear option will be split into two options, Attributes and Gear. There will also be a Loot option that will be displayed under the Interactions menu whenever an item occupies a player's loot list. Improvements to menu navigation when using a gamepad or keyboard will be made. And finally, the experience and skill point bars currently displayed in the upper left portion while the main menu is open will now be visible on the screen at all times in the same manner as the HP bar.

Attributes
          - The general layout of the Attributes window is being redesigned.
          - Character information will be organized into General Attributes, Skills, and Key Items tabs.

Gear
          - Selecting a slot will restrict the items displayed in the gear list to only those that may be equipped in that slot.
          - Mousing over an item will display that item's icon, statistics, and other information.

Inventory
          - The number of items players and retainers may have in their inventory will be increased by twenty.
          - Currency and Loot tabs will be added.
          - The upper portion of the Inventory window will display a list of items in a player's possession. Highlighting an item will display its icon, statistics, and other information below.
          * The Wear value for items can currently be viewed at the bottom of the Items tab by clicking on the arrow icon in the lower right, pressing left or right on the directional pad of a gamepad, or by pressing the left or right arrow keys on a keyboard. To eliminate this additional step, an item's Wear value will be incorporated into its details window in the December version update.
          - A sort feature will be added to player inventories.
          * Enabling the sort feature will organize an inventory by item type. While disabled, items will be listed in the order in which they entered the inventory.
          * Future version updates will bring additional sort options, both automated and manual.
          - Selecting an item will open a menu containing the Sell Item, Purchase Item, Seek Repairs, Repair, Discard, and Toggle Sort options.
          - Sale prices will be displayed next to items in player and retainer bazaars.
          - Icons representing Unit Price, Set Price, Purchase Item, and Seek Repairs will be added to player and retainer bazaars.

Journal
          - Area names will be displayed on the journal map screen.
          - A player's current location will be displayed on the journal map screen.
          - A history of completed quests will be added.

Retainers
          - Simply selecting an item will move that item to a retainer's inventory.
          - It will become possible to easily exchange gil with retainers from the new Currency tab.

Map
          - Zoom-in and zoom-out functionality will be added to the map screen.
          - Scrolling on the map screen will be possible by dragging the mouse.
          - The log will remain visible while the map screen is open.
          - A map menu will be added in the upper right of the map screen.
          - The location of party members will be displayed on the map screen in real-time.

Configuration
          - A Chat-specific Keyboard setting will be added for players using gamepads. When enabled, this setting allows text to be entered directly without first pressing the spacebar to open the chat prompt.
          * Key mapping will not be possible while the Chat-specific Keyboard setting is enabled.
          - It will be possible to create new chat log tabs with unique filter settings from the Chat Filters screen. Tab display will be locked regardless of whether the log is active or inactive.
          - Chat filter options will be added for synthesis- and gathering-related messages.
          - Font colors for different chat modes will become selectable.

Other

Chat Feature
          - The input bar of the chat log will be displayed continuously.
          - Pressing Ctrl+R will open a /tell prompt addressed to the last player from whom a /tell was received.
          - Pressing Ctrl+S, Ctrl+T, Ctrl+H, Ctrl+P, and Ctrl+L will open /say, /tell, /shout, /party, and /linkshell chat prompts, respectively.
          - The text commands /s, /t (/t <player name>), /p, and /l will be usable to set the chat mode to /say, /tell, /party, and /linkshell modes, respectively.

Text Commands
          - The <pos> command will be usable to display coordinates on the map.
          - The /equip and /item commands will accommodate high-quality items (i.e., items with names containing a +1, +2, etc.).
          - Simultaneously equipping multiple items of the same name to multiple slots with the /equip command will become possible.

Targeting
          - While engaging multiple enemies, a player's cursor will automatically move to the next target when the current target is defeated.
          - Players with no target who are attacked by an enemy will automatically target that enemy.
          - It will be possible to open treasure chests by targeting and selecting them, rather than via the Interactions menu.

Yes, most of this should have been present from Day One but will go a long way to make the game more user-friendly.

Comment

Some fantastic changes in there, most notably, the chat input bar staying open constantly, filtering the weapons/armour when hovering over a slot and the log staying visible with the map open .

Comment

I'd be happy to log on this evening if anyone fancies doing leves, or umm, well leves Is all we can really do right now. Try and reconnect again before the update lands next week

There's suppose to be 2 good party camps 21-27, Skeletons near or in Nanawa mines (Just north of Ul'dah).
              Last edited by Rep; 17-11-2010, 15:32.

Comment

Where the Wild Things Spawn (11/18/2010)

As part of the November 24 and mid-December version updates, adjustments will be made to the distribution of enemies in all areas.

In the first version update, scheduled for release on Wednesday, November 24, the processing of in-game areas will be spread out across multiple servers in order to mitigate latency issues. Together with this structural change, we have rethought the distribution of enemies, both old and new, while giving considerable consideration to players engaged in gathering activities or simply passing through.

Ex.

Before

After

Balancing adjustments to enemy distribution will continue in the December version, which will also usher in the the first of many waves of new enemies to Eorzea, including several Notorious Monsters (NMs). Among their number are those so freakish and vile that even the legendary taxonomist Frandelont Raimdelle could scarcely find the words to describe them. Still others may prove more than a tad familiar to the eyes of adventuring veterans of Vana'diel. All in all, a myriad menagerie of malicious monstrosities will be making its way to Eorzea in the coming months. Precise profiles and daunting details of these new additions to the Eorzean bestiary, as well as the epic loot that can be pilfered from their fresh corpses, will be treated in future Topics posts.

Continuing in this vein, the version updates of 2011 will bring about further improvements and balancing to enemy distribution, as well as the addition of numerous new NMs and NM-related content. More information will be announced here as it becomes available, so be sure to check back regularly!

I have no idea what the before and after pictures are supposed to be showing. "ooohhh, a new goat."

Perhaps the most interesting news there is that the date of the update is now a day earlier.

And NMs in mid-December.
                Last edited by C'; 18-11-2010, 09:36.

Comment

I didn't realise there were any issues with mob distribution. Let alone something that requires an overhaul of the architecture. Unless all monster related data is now handled using a separate server in a bid to relive some of the stress on the interface latency?

Comment

Further Lodestone Ask the Devs fearure related to upcoming changes.

Worth reading for the awesome final question

Comment

No one fancy logging on this afternoon/evening? Update has me really keen to jump back into things

Comment

I should be on this evening although I'll admit, all this talk about NIN being good again has me pretty excited about XI again.

Comment

Is your PC capable of running XI now? I remember complaints about 400 series being unstable in Abyssea .

Comment

I have the latest drivers which have helped (still not great though).

I had an EXP party on SAM last night and performance was acceptable.

Comment

So it begins

The all Worlds maintenance and version update previously scheduled to start at Nov. 24, 2010 21:00 (GMT) has been postponed to allow for additional version update preparations. We will post another news article to inform you of the revised schedule by Nov. 24, 2010 13:00 (GMT).

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
                              Not sure if too laugh or cry.

Comment

*craughs*

Comment

Working...
                                X