Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The travelling's already starting to get to me actually. I'm quickly burning through anima and I don't want to waste any more of it trying to teleport from place to place just so I can do guildleves. It feels like a waste of my time having to run for 15 minutes to the level area I'm at just so I can start getting my leves on because there aren't any aetherial gates anywhere nearby.

I don't know who decided all of this travelling is fun.

Comment

Main storyline missions open up at certain levels, your npc linkshell will light up in the top right of the screen above mini map when there is a new mission, then you can select npc linkshell from the menu to find out what to do.

Also for every job a job specific set of missions open up in the same way at r20, you just have to go to your jobs guild once r20 to start them.

As for travelling, say your cruuently on r20 leves, its best to talk to one of the npc's at each camp and set it as a favoured destination, you can have three favoured destinations and you will only use half the normal amount of anima when teleporting to them, it really helps balance out anima used against anima gained.

Also sometimes, say your at camp bloodshore but you need to teleport to limsa lominsa, you can have your home point set at bloodshore, teleport to the city, then instead of teleporting back you can use the return option and it'll take you back to bloodshore for only 1 anima.

But eventually you will burn through the anima, i'm currently doing crafting in uldah while my anima regenerates.

Also for crafting, remember you can do crafting leves, which you get from the same counter but the guy to the right, its a decent and free way to start crafting.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/ is a good place to find crafting recipes and stuff.

Also forgot to mention about Behest, every hour at camps a battle warden will show up, you can talk to him to join a group based event, usually r20+ camps will have quite a few people participating, you all party up and go kill a bunch of mobs, its very good xp.
      Last edited by mikewl; 23-02-2011, 13:37.

Comment

Useful advice, thank you. I'll stick with it a little more. I still don't like the anima system but hey ho.

Comment

Last edited by Rep; 05-03-2011, 14:32.

Comment

Square Enix Confirms Huge Losses. (Ouch!)

Weak game sales and troubled Final Fantasy XIV launch result in ?12 billion loss for fiscal year.

Square Enix has published its end-of-year fiscal report, confirming yesterday's warnings of a ?12 billion ($148m/?90.6m) loss for the financial year ending March 31 2011. In addition, the report reveals revenues are down 34.8 per cent.

The publisher ended its financial year with net sales of ?125.27 billion ($1.56bn/?1.09bn). Operating income was down 74.1 per cent, at ?7.33 billion ($91.0m/?63.7m), while recurring income also took a significant hit, falling 80.6 per cent to ?5.4 billion (?41.2m / $67m).

"Our group experienced significantly lower sales and profit during the fiscal year mainly due to weak performance of console game titles released during the year as well as the impact of a continued delay in billing for [Final Fantasy XIV], which was newly launched during the year," said president Yoichi Wada in a press release.

"Further, under a rapidly changing operating environment and more prudent estimates of future cash flows, the company wrote down goodwill (approximately ?8.8 billion/$109.3m/?76.5m). Project development cancellation and related losses (approximately ?4.5 billion/$55.9m/?39.1m) as well as losses caused by natural disaster (approximately ?0.6 billion/$7.5m/?5.2m) were also factors in the recording of total extraordinary losses of ?16.0 billion ($198.7m/?139.0m)."

"In the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012, we are very focused on the group's key strategic initiatives of globalisation, becoming 'network centric', and strengthening our own IPs as we work to generate a substantial earnings recovery from the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 and beyond."

Square Enix cited the Japan-exclusive Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and IO Interactive's Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days as the only million sellers during the period.

Comment

Not played this in a few months now, just checked on Lodestone and it looks like they are going with Auto Attack.

Video is on here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/13462

I don't know, it looks alright, maybe just maybe this will be worth another try once the new combat system is in place.

Comment

Hey guys, this thread been dead for a while but just noticed that the patch is out tonight which is adding a lot of new stuff like auto-attack and some instances.

Just wondering if anyone is interested on friday or the weekend people want to try and get a party together and see what it's like. According to the details of the patch it's no longer going to be levequest oriented so looks like it's gonna be a more traditional party style so looks like it might be more enjoyable to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Moot View Post
                  Hey guys, this thread been dead for a while but just noticed that the patch is out tonight which is adding a lot of new stuff like auto-attack and some instances.

Just wondering if anyone is interested on friday or the weekend people want to try and get a party together and see what it's like. According to the details of the patch it's no longer going to be levequest oriented so looks like it's gonna be a more traditional party style so looks like it might be more enjoyable to play.
                  I don't have XIV installed at present but would have been up for a look again. I may get time to install and patch over the weekend although it looks like there is not so much interest...

Comment

I rolled a new character on XIV the other day and I have to say the experience is A LOT better than launch.
                    Really looking forward to playing 1.18 at lunch today

Comment

I'd definitely be up for this If I'm on tonight, usually go out on Friday night though. Worked my arse off this week so this would be cool.

Comment

Ima update tonight and will give it ago on sunday. That video of the auto att really made me wanna play again

Comment

I'll re-roll with you guys then if you don't mind! I got quite into this a few months ago.

Comment

I'll probably be on tonight if anyone feels like joining me (Moot Chicharito). Just looking at the patch notes and looks like you need to be a minimum of lvl 25 to do the lowest raid, so i'll only be able to to do it on Gladiator unless i get my Conjurer levelled a bit tonight.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/17007?p=241517&#post241517

T
                            hose are the patch notes if anyone wants to read them, seems like a big patch with lots of interesting stuff so looks like it's heading in the right direction so hopefully see a lot more people playing from now on.

Seems like we have a enough people for a small party now so if people want to try and log on sunday some time just say a good time for you and we'll get it sorted.

Comment

I'll get my client updated today, should be able to be on Sunday for some.

Can't remember exactly what jobs I have at what level but my main was about R39 I think.

Comment

downloaded a gb worth of mutliple updates... think im gonna reroll, just don't like the look or movement of galkas inthis game. if im not ffxi'ing, gundaming or on terraria i'll turn it on.

Comment

Working...
                                X