Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Wonder if Rare's timescales will be right, might be able to start DL Tomorrow!
    Nope

I've seen the emails that get sent with the PS3 code. Phase 4 runs from 10am BST on Friday to 10am BST on Monday.

I'll miss it.

Comment

:/ just noticed that in the email.

Comment

The lack of high level content means I'm not too disappointed to miss Phase 4 but it would have been nice to not have to spend my first few days during early access just sorting out my inventories.

****'s in such a mess before I even talk to the Calamity Scavenger. :/

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          The lack of high level content means I'm not too disappointed to miss Phase 4 but it would have been nice to not have to spend my first few days during early access just sorting out my inventories.

****'s in such a mess before I even talk to the Calamity Scavenger. :/
          Yeah expect thats what most of P4 will be for most V1 players.

Does the PSN download just the client or does it download the full game?

Comment

It's 6.5gb compared to the previous betas 5.5gb. They've said that this one would carry over to full retail didn't they? So I'd imagine its the full game?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              It's 6.5gb compared to the previous betas 5.5gb. They've said that this one would carry over to full retail didn't they? So I'd imagine its the full game?
              Might start my PS3 version off then at least I might be able to play why my PC version is being bottlenecked by the rest of the world!

Comment

Apparently you don't need to download via a new code, just run the old beta client and it will update. I've deleted both of mine and input new codes on both our ps3s!

Same difference, but just have to download another two lots of 6.5gb!

Comment

Got my code. Cant wait to give this a go as i havent played an MMO since i left WoW after pandaland came out. What would be the best caster to start off with ? Torn between Thaumaturge and Arcanist.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                    Got my code. Cant wait to give this a go as i havent played an MMO since i left WoW after pandaland came out. What would be the best caster to start off with ? Torn between Thaumaturge and Arcanist.
                    None of us can really answer that question as Arcanist is new for us all on Friday!

Comment

I imagine 90% of the playerbase will be levelling Arcanist as it's the only new class at this time.

It will likely offer more flexibility though as you will be able to unlock both the Summoner and Scholar jobs with it whereas Thaumaturge will be limited to Black Mage. Although as Dj, says we're not really certain on how these are played.

I think Arcanist is going to be a healer whereas Thaumaturge is a DPS so what role do you want to start with?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        Apparently you don't need to download via a new code, just run the old beta client and it will update. I've deleted both of mine and input new codes on both our ps3s!

Same difference, but just have to download another two lots of 6.5gb!
                        Just tried to update via the old client and it just reports failed to update. Tried via the download list and it did the same. Not put my new code in yet though will do that later.

Comment

I imagine 90% of the playerbase will be levelling Arcanist as it's the only new class at this time.

It will likely offer more flexibility though as you will be able to unlock both the Summoner and Scholar jobs with it whereas Thaumaturge will be limited to Black Mage. Although as Dj, says we're not really certain on how these are played.

I think Arcanist is going to be a healer whereas Thaumaturge is a DPS so what role do you want to start with?
                          DPS would be more my thing to start with. Had enough in WoW with the grief that gos with healing/tanking. So looks like Thaumaturge may well be the one for me. Having said that i get the impression that Summoners would be more Warlock like with the pets and all, guess ill just have to lvl all the caster jobs at one point and test them out

Comment

Patch notes for Phase 4 have been released on the beta forums.

Confirms that the level 20 cap will be removed for early access. *stares at Dj*

Players can now choose to share hotbars between multiple classes and jobs.
                            (Example: If hotbar 10 is set to be shared, changing classes will not affect the contents of hotbar 10.)
                            Remember wanting this in phase 3. My hotbar 10 was standard stuff like summoning mounts, sprinting, teleporting etc. Was damn annoying having to assign them to the hotbar for every class.

The requirement to choose NEED when lotting on items has been changed.
                            Only players who can equip the item in question as their current class or job can select NEED.
                            Apparently, there's a bit of a mistranslation on this (as what it says above is exactly how it worked in Phases 2 and 3). Apparently, the original japanese text says that it prevents players from lotting on gear not designed for their class even though they could in theory equip it (i.e. tanks lotting DPS gear because they are for Disciples of War or DPS lotting accessories for "All CLasses" despite having mage stats).
                            Last edited by C'; 14-08-2013, 17:54.

Comment

Hello Guys - just a Reminder... my in-game name is Bayani Tenzen - I will be remaking the Beyond Galleon LS this Friday and making our Free Company as well. We decided to go with Lemon&Lime (L&L) because we didn't want to compete with Blue Gartr for FC names. If anyone wants an invite to the Beyond Galleon Linkshell or Free Company let me know in-game this weekend.

Comment

Patch notes for Phase 4 have been released on the beta forums.

Confirms that the level 20 cap will be removed for early access. *stares at Dj*
                                Wooo!

Rare have you had any movement on your OST? (*edit - Mine has changed to ready to be shipped since I posted this!!)

Still no movement on PC update :/
                                Last edited by djtickle; 15-08-2013, 08:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X