Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TITAN MOTHER****ERS!

Loving that way more than I should be.

Comment

Questions Ahoy!

The missus has preordered this and has downloaded her client on PC. I am thinking of joining her but i'd rather play on my PS3 so im more comfortable with the nice TV I'm sure i've read that this is possible but what is the best way to play it? Should i just go for the PC version also or is the console version the way to go?

Im also planning to get a PS4. If i get the ps3 version will my character port across the PS4 if i buy the game for that?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
        Questions Ahoy!

The missus has preordered this and has downloaded her client on PC. I am thinking of joining her but i'd rather play on my PS3 so im more comfortable with the nice TV I'm sure i've read that this is possible but what is the best way to play it? Should i just go for the PC version also or is the console version the way to go?

Im also planning to get a PS4. If i get the ps3 version will my character port across the PS4 if i buy the game for that?

Thanks
        Although its very playable on a PS3 if you have a good PC I would recommend that you play on PC. Its just sooooo much better!! Once you buy the PS4 version which I am sure will be great you will be able to play on both platforms with the same character! You just need to make sure that you and your missus pick the same server when creating your character.

Rep from this forum has created a character list for people to post names, servers etc here -
        Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

People from this forum are split over two worlds, first time players have opted for Ragnarok which is being called the Euro server, while most of players who played Version 1 players have gone for Excalibur (Euro/NA server).

I'm sure you both will be welcomed on both either way if you want to get together with us lot. I'm on Ragnarok so if you head there give me a shout (Shadow Hulk is my in game name) and i'll give you a linkpearl to our group. (Linkpearl if you didn't know if a way of chatting to each other no matter where in the world you are).

Comment

May give my mouse/keyboard a go with the PS3 at some point. Its not to bad with a pad, but can be a pain to target stuff when it gets hectic. Dont want to be having that problem when i move on to high lvl dungeons/raids etc

Comment

There is no keyboard/mouse support on the PS3 version for general controls (can only use a keyboard to chat).

With gamepad targetting, remember that left and right cycles through enemies whilst up and down is party members. Once I figured that out, it helped immensely.

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
            Im also planning to get a PS4. If i get the ps3 version will my character port across the PS4 if i buy the game for that?)
            Dj's right in that there won't be anything stopping you from using your character in any version but there's no "porting across". The PC, PS3 and PS4 versions are all played from the same servers. You simply have one account that you can use to log in to any version of the game. When the PS4 version is released, there will be no need to transfer your character to the new version or anything like that. You'd just log in on the new console and carry on exactly where you left off (and can log back in on the PC or PS3 version later on if you wish).

Sorry if this was obvious, but when you asked about porting across I wasn't sure if you thought you character was limited to a specific version.
            Last edited by C'; 22-08-2013, 18:11.

Comment

Cheers for that mate. Will make things go a lot smother.

No more hitting a sleeping target with a fireball etc

Comment

Excellent. thanks for the replies!

So basically because the missus has bought the PC version if i get the PS3 version i'll be able to play on both

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  There is no keyboard/mouse support on the PS3 version for general controls (can only use a keyboard to chat).
                  I'm pretty sure I was able to completely use keyboard and mouse with the Phase 3 beta. If it was removed later I'm unaware but I did stick to a combination of all three during phase 4. Pad for character control, keyboard for messaging and mouse for menus.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                    I'm pretty sure I was able to completely use keyboard and mouse with the Phase 3 beta. If it was removed later I'm unaware but I did stick to a combination of all three during phase 4. Pad for character control, keyboard for messaging and mouse for menus.
                    OH REALLY!?! This is excellent news!!

Comment

There's a 1GB update for client live now.

Comment

Wooo just got a email telling me the preorder site is live. Must the the 20th.

Comment

Finally!! After days of asking Amazon why I haven't had a pre-order code they've finally explained its because I ordered so long ago in 2011. Why that makes a difference I don't know but they've given me the code and i'm all installed and ready to go.

I apologise in advance that for the meantime I'l be on the PS3 version and I haven't had chance to pop in on any of the betas so expect me to be walking around aimlessly!

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                            Finally!! After days of asking Amazon why I haven't had a pre-order code they've finally explained its because I ordered so long ago in 2011. Why that makes a difference I don't know but they've given me the code and i'm all installed and ready to go.

I apologise in advance that for the meantime I'l be on the PS3 version and I haven't had chance to pop in on any of the betas so expect me to be walking around aimlessly!
                            Haha just get yourself a USB keyboard and you will be rocking!

Comment

Just got a free code and downloading now. My first MMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post

How did you have a pre-order from 2011?

Comment

Working...
                                X