Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so much more refreshing to play. After years on XI and WoW it's got a great mix of both. Didn't play V1 much with only having a ****ty laptop. Will add you next time I'm on as I'm on rag too

Comment

Originally posted by chang View Post
      It's so much more refreshing to play. After years on XI and WoW it's got a great mix of both. Didn't play V1 much with only having a ****ty laptop. Will add you next time I'm on as I'm on rag too
      Whats your char name?

Comment

Another awesome weekend for me - 3 dungeon clears with plenty of drops, ifrit, mounts unlocked, level 10 on LNC which I enjoyed and level 12 on leathercraft. I love how much more accessible this than XI was. I actually feel like I can come away with something solid for all my time investment!

The world in general feels a lot more alive and more interesting in general than XI's too.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
          Whats your char name?
          Kuchiki Miah mate

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Another awesome weekend for me - 3 dungeon clears with plenty of drops, ifrit, mounts unlocked, level 10 on LNC which I enjoyed and level 12 on leathercraft. I love how much more accessible this than XI was. I actually feel like I can come away with something solid for all my time investment!

The world in general feels a lot more alive and more interesting in general than XI's too.
            That's all good Dara ^_^ I also had a good few hours over the weekend although was only able to do the first few party quests via the Duty finder.

With the Linkshell split between those with multiple Lv50's and those with (I guess) around a Lv20 character, what activities are we able to (or want to) do together?

Comment

Be nice to get some low level dungeon crawls done, at the moment I've stopped levelling up GLA and started fishing and mining

Really enjoying the game and in no rush to bolt to end game, just need to unlock more things via the main storyline.

As for being taken by surprise by demand I can't see how they know how many units they've shipped and how many people had service accounts. Basic capacity planning and a half decent utility platform would have fixed the whole problem. In this day and age to not be able to respond to IT demand is pretty poor.

Comment

Tried a couple times over the weekend and no luck getting on, think I'm just gonna put it on hold until they sort the servers out.

I've been struggling to get back into this so far, I think I need to just stick with the level 50's I already have and leave Arcanist out, It's annoying as its wasted xp but I just don't feel motivated to go through the grind of leveling something new to 50 at the moment.

I'm hoping the player housing gets added soon, that will be alot of fun, especially on the crafting/gathering side of things, put my 50 carpenter to good use.

Comment

I will be game for helping with any content regardless of level, I need to learn all my jobs again haha

Comment

Anyone game for hauke manor tonight? Is that the next dungeon I need after halatali?

Comment

Hak. Manor is the level 30 Instance, I'm also upto that.

Wedge it's not a grind, far from it, you'll enjoy the story a lot more by taking a fresh new job through it. Main story quest is designed to get you from 1-50. Each new area that it sends you too will be surrounded by quests for the exact level you should be at.

I was under the impression we had been doing stuff together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        I was under the impression we had been doing stuff together.
                        I'm sure many of you have been, but it was more a general question regarding what content that we can play together while being at different levels.

Comment

Actually Rep it's been my big disappointment over this past week is the seeming lack of interest on the LS to partake in any activities as a group. I've tried organising runs of Guildhests (level 10 and up) and Halatali (level 20 side quest dungeon), things that can be done by low levels regardless of Main Scenario Quest progress and received barely any response apart from Dara.

It's a bit disappointing to hear people have been progressing through Main Scenario using the Duty FInder, when I don't recall anyone asking if anyone if people wanted to take part in them on the linkshell. As Apa says, I've got 4 classes I've kind of been dumpedon at level 50 with a bunch of new abilities and I'll admit it can be a struggle trying to graps how everything works. Helping out on low level content is beneficial as it gradually introduces skills a bit at a time.

Basically if you have some party content you need completing, ask us, some of us are happy to partake in content regardless of level.

I really recommend people do Halatali once they are level 20, as it's my favourite dungeon so far. I especially liked the part where

there's a big room with only a treasure coffer in the centre that couldn't be more obvious if it said "DANGER! TRAP HERE! and Apa ran straight up to it anyway

Comment

That sounds good Rare, do higher level players sync down (like during Fate) for scenario quests etc? My next quest is to Sastasha which will be my first dungeon, was just trying to decided on how to proceed (CNJ or ACN). I did the first two Guildhests without knowing exactly what they were, beyond a tutorial for parties. Will always be up for any LS content that I am high enough level to participate in.
                            Last edited by talizker; 02-09-2013, 17:43.

Comment

Yes, all Duty Finder events are synced. Obviously it varies from event to event (the Duty Finder description for each event will list it under restrictions) but generally the instance will be available to players of the level of the quest and will sync a few levels higher. I think for dungeons and battles it's 4 levels higher and Guildhest is 2 levels higher. So for example, Satasha is a level 15 quest dungeon but syncs at 19 so anyone higher than that will be classed at 19, which affects actions available, stats and gear (you don't need to keep level cap gear on hand, your current gear will be downgraded to make it appropriate for the event you're taking part in.

There is one little quirk me and Rep noticed with this the other day though. As I'm sure people are aware, every 5 levels a class can equip cross class actions from any other classes they have leveled (so 1 at level 5, 2 at level 10 all the way up to 10 at level 50). Whilst the level sync does take this into consideration (i.e. Satasha would limit you to your first three cross class actions) it does seem to ignore the level of the actions you have set. Whilst doing Toto-Rak (syncs at level 27 I believe) Rep was able to make use of Stoneskin (a lvl32 CNJ ability) whereas I (on WHM) wasn't. Which is kind of strange.

From what Moot has been telling me, you will have a lot more flexibility if you proceed with ACN as you can become SMN for DPS or SCH to be a healer (and both level concurrently automatically). Moot said in Halatali yesterday he was basically able to summon Fairy and have her focus on main healing the tank, allowing him to DPS and throw out extra cures when necessary.

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the information and your comments. Now, if only my plan to log in early and come back a little later wasn't thwarted by Labor Day in the US :/

Comment

Working...
                                X