No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Core Volume 24 is now up at Internet Archive (a little early as always) - http://www.archive.org/details/RetroCore-Volume24 The FTP download will be available from the 10th October.

Yakumo

Comment

I'm liking the new intro more every time I watch it. Also, I think this is the first time we get to see your face.. if only for a split second.

Comment

Retro Core Volume 25 is out now on DVD. The download will be comming on October 10th.

Originally posted by Retro Core

Another packed show with a special look at the Sega Dreamcast karaoke system, the Dorikara. Also we've got 2 arcade games for you plus a look at the British console that never was, The Konix Multi System. Games featured this month include....

Saturn - Road Blaster FX

Saturn - Fighters Megamix (Game of the Month)

Game Gear - Aladdin

Neo Geo - Burning Fight

Dreamcast - Confidential Mission

Dreamcast - Segagaga

Mega Drive - Mamono Hunter Yohko

Famicom - Robocop

Famicom - Race America (****e of the Month)

Super Famicom - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time

Nintendo 64 - Snow Speeder

Arcade - Perfect Soldier

Arcade - Guwange

Mobile Phone - Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania), Densha De Go Yamanote Line, Raiden III and Murakumo

Comment

AHH Fighters megamix i remember putting alot of hours into it

Was a bit disapointed that even in virtua fighters mode it was still to close to the fighting vipers game

Comment

Just finished watching Retro Core 24. Excellent stuff Yakumo, really enjoyed it.

I've not seen a Neo Geo Pocket before so it was great getting a look at it. Seems like it suffers from the same type of screen problems as the original GBA.

How come Final Fight Revenge, which crashed twice during filming, got a 5/10? I would have thought 1 or 2 at most. I laughed when I saw the game details and saw it was Capcom US and knew you were gonna hate it (rightly so)

Thought your wee tour of Chofu was great so feel free to do more tours in future.

-weresheep

Comment

Well i thought final fight revenge was not that good but i have played far far worse fighting games

Comment

Originally posted by weresheep
                Just finished watching Retro Core 24. Excellent stuff Yakumo, really enjoyed it.
                Glad you enjoyed it.

I've not seen a Neo Geo Pocket before so it was great getting a look at it. Seems like it suffers from the same type of screen problems as the original GBA.
                The Neo Pocket is a very cool system but yeah, the screen is crap. Actually it's easier to see than the GBA but the resolution is far worse plus the type of screen used is not TFT but some late end LCD. Sort of reminds me of the Lynx's screen.

How come Final Fight Revenge, which crashed twice during filming, got a 5/10? I would have thought 1 or 2 at most. I laughed when I saw the game details and saw it was Capcom US and knew you were gonna hate it (rightly so)
                hahaha, yeah almost anything an American branch touches turns in to ****e. Final Fight Revenge isn't the worse fighter I've ever played and it does have a little to offer plus due to the license alone it makes the game slightly more interesting. It is ****e though but not complete ****e. Just wait until you see ****e of the month in Retro Core Volume:26 Basely will love it !!

Thought your wee tour of Chofu was great so feel free to do more tours in future.
                More coming in the Future around Christmas time!

Yakumo

Comment

Never watched one before today but that was great, very well made indeed

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                    Never watched one before today but that was great, very well made indeed
                    Glad you liked it dvdmike. Retro Core is getting more and more popular each show. The last one (Vol.23) had over 1500 downloads via my FTP and archive.org It's also hosted in a few other places that I've come across but I have no idea how many downloads came from them.

Yakumo

Comment

Just a quick heads up to let you know that Retro Core Volume 25 is now available for download from the official FTP http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm and Archive.org http://www.archive.org/details/RetroCore-Volume25

Yakumo

Comment

Just finished watching it great show again

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                          Just finished watching it great show again
                          Thanks dvdmike. I'm sure you'll like vol26 more when that goes live

Yakumo

Comment

Vol 25 was excellent mate. What does make me chuckle are your review scores though, i know it's not really the point of the show but it does seem more of an after thought when you are playing.

10/10 for bomberman hehe??? へへ- Exactly:P

Keep up the good work and i know you are a Sega man like myself but it would be good to see a few more psone games make an appearance if you can.
                            Last edited by tokyochojin; 11-10-2006, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
                              Keep up the good work and i know you are a Sega man like myself but it would be good to see a few more psone games make an appearance if you can.
                              Feel free to donate to the Retro Core fund and thou shall receive more PSX reviews

Yakumo

Comment

How about some Gradius Gaiden? Obligatory SotN-worship? Of course, you've already covered the far superior CV4. *Dodges several swings from angry forumites*

Comment

Working...
                                X