No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished watching all of the older RetroCores recently.
    It's a pretty cool show, must take a bit of effort to do so thanks dude ^_^.

A bit obsessed with collision detection though :P

Comment

Originally posted by Klatrymadon
      How about some Gradius Gaiden? Obligatory SotN-worship? Of course, you've already covered the far superior CV4. *Dodges several swings from angry forumites*
      Gradius Gaiden? that's for the GBA right? Sorry, I have no GBA plus my PC runs VirtualBoyAdvanced like crap so even emulation is out of the question Shame really because there are quite a few GBA titles I'd love to cover. As for SotN, all in good time my son, all in good time :nod:

Actually there will be a PSX game in Retro Core 26. Not letting anything out yet apart from it's not a beat'em up, Racer, or Platformer.

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
      A bit obsessed with collision detection though :P
      Sadly that's a medical condition from reading CV&G for many years :P

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        Gradius Gaiden? that's for the GBA right?
        It's PSone dude. (and it's the best Gradius IMO)

Comment

Aye, it's for the PSOne, mate. I was just following up on what Chojin was saying.

Definitely one to add to your collection, as you can get the PSOne Books version from Play-Asia for about 15 quid! It adds a few new slants on the gameplay (via 2 new ships) and easily has the best soundtrack of the lot. Cracking visuals, too - Konami at the top of their game, really.
          Last edited by Klatrymadon; 11-10-2006, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Klatrymadon
            Definitely one to add to your collection, as you can get the PSOne Books version from Play-Asia for about 15 quid! .
            15 pounds? Bollocks to that. I can but stuff like Cotton Boomerang on the Saturn for that much here (Would need to look hard mind you) Hmm, I'll see if any places here have and trashed copies going cheap since once I've finished it the game will be sold off or dumped. I have no room to collect PSX stuff unfortunately. Quite a few nice titles I'd like to have mind you. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on that one guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Yakumo

Comment

It's in a really thin case! Plus you'll want to keep it, because it's the dog's bollocks.

Comment

well in that case......... Still 15 pounds plus postage Still if it really is the bezst gradius it may be worth picking up.

yakumo

Comment

When will vol 26 hit Yakumo ?
                  Last edited by dvdmike; 12-10-2006, 12:10.

Comment

I had a quick bash on Gradius Gaiden after this reminded me about it. It really is lush.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                      When will vol 26 hit Yakumo ?
                      DVD will be released on the 20th October with the download coming on November 10th.

Yakumo

Comment

Burning Fight is one of the best games, its not slow, the music is great and so is the speach you can clearly hear the guy say nice choice

Burning Fight > Final Fight

Now im gonna cry and run home boo.

P.S CVG gave it a 91%, thats 2 against one we win
                        Last edited by Baseley09; 12-10-2006, 17:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                          Burning Fight is one of the best games, its not slow, the music is great and so is the speach you can clearly hear the guy say nice choice

Burning Fight > Final Fight

Now im gonna cry and run home boo.

P.S CVG gave it a 91%, thats 2 against one we win
                          Yeah but Baseley09, you're the guy who likes Golden Fighter on the Super Famicom And everyone knows CV&G accepted bribes

Yakumo

PS: Only joking mate !

Comment

No, no, its all true heheh.

Golden Fighter needs a retro core feature so people can feel the greatness.

However if it ever appeared as ****e of the month you might have a lawsuit on your hands lol.

Comment

Bugger, I'll have to redo this month's ****e of the Month now Nah, bollocks to that

yakumo

Comment

Volume 26 out now on DVD

In volume 26 Retro Core goes back to the good old Sega Vs Nintendo days with a Mega Drive Aladdin Vs Super Famicom Aladdin comparison. As well as that we take a look at the Dreamcast Densha De Go controller, more Japanese game adds plus the following games.

Dreamcast - Densha De Go 2

Dreamcast - Cosmic Smash

Nintendo 64 - City Tour Grandprix

Nintendo 64 - Star Soldier

Super Famicom - Bio Metal

Super Famicom - Golden Fighter S (****e of the Month)

Mega Drive - Midnight Resistance

Sharp X68000 - Super Hang On

Saturn - Hotoku No Ken

Saturn - GT 24

Saturn - Lupin III

Super 32X - Virtua Fighter

Arcade - Undercover Cops

PlayStation - Gunnm (Game of the Month)

Neo Geo - Gan Gan

Mobile Phone - WonderBoy, Adventure Island, Galaxy Force II, Gradius DX, Gradius II, Kikikaikai and a lovely ninja game from Taito.

?@

Comment

Working...
                                X