Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babs
    Magic, I tried again last night from scratch and had the same thing again
    OK, I'll unrar the files now and see if they unrar ok. last time I just checked them.

Yakumo

Comment

Just unrared every thing and they worked. what version of Winrar are you using? maybe that could be the problem.

Yakumo

Comment

I'll check when I get home.

Comment

This hates me beyond being funny any more. I've downloaded it at least 4 times now, and part 38 probably double that. I've opened it with winrar 3.30 and 3.41, I've downloaded it with smartFTP and using a web browser. Still every time, every version, CRC failed in part38. The mirror listed on the site won't even let me connect.

I'll just have to give up for now and try again if/when a torrent is available.

Comment

Again I'll mention PAR - I'd do some but I deleted the RARs after I'd extracted it.

Yakumo, download smartpar and generate against your archive

Comment

Just watched Volume 3...the saturn music maker thing was a bit dull but everything else was upto the excellent standard of previoud volumes. I especially enjoyed the arcade feature, seeing you hide the camera from the guard at the end was amusing.

Also liked the look of Panorama Cotton, never seen anything like that on the MD before save for Space Harrier but you can't really compare them.

Comment

The 15 minute arcade feature was fantastic. That alone was worth the download for me.

Thanks Yakumo.

Comment

Originally posted by pcb_revival
                  The 15 minute arcade feature was fantastic. That alone was worth the download for me.

Thanks Yakumo.
                  you're very welcome

Comment

**** me is this difficult to get. The torrent link doesn't work anymore, 6.56% complete for the past four days (while Consolevania, for example, sits there completed. Average download 182k/sec). The FTP downloads between 5~20k/sec. I'm IP banned from the mirrors?? Must be an NTL thing, they love getting on blacklists

Sorry, just having a moan

Comment

You're perfectly welcome to moan Yeah, I know that some people have problems downloading Retro Core but there's nothing I can do about it. THe BT link was going really well l;ast week but suddenly dried up. It will probably pick up when Volume:4 hits the net on January 10th.

By the way, what did you think of the Consolevania Christmas Special? I loved the Patrick More and Hitler section

Yakumo

Comment

Yea, twas a good 'un -- there are two, the Xmas special and #5.

I got a chance to watch Retrocore #3 today though, finally I liked the close up feature, that was pretty cool. Axelay; the effect you see on Level 2, I kinda put that down to the rotation of the space station you're flying through -- you're seeing the opposite side.

Only minor gripe was the vs. feature. Seemed a bit odd doing the MD version first, then the original (which you got mixed up as well). I felt that the re-designed MD graphics and sprites took away some of the difficulty of the game, mostly 'cos they seem to have put the paddles closer together on some of the boss sections. The port lacks some of the magnetic influences on the ball in addition to a much stronger shake.

Still, good stuff though. I enjoyed it more than the others I've seen. Still need to watch the Saturn one properly.

Comment

Retro Core Volume : 4 is now available.

Yet another improvement over the previous Retro Core shows with the high resolution version being almost 100 Meg smaller in size than volume : 3. Featured in Volume : 4 is an interview with a Japanese Retro Game store owner and well as a quick look around his shop. Of course there's loads of gaming goodies too, including a Final Fight special ! Just which home version of Final Fight is truly the best? Plus PC Engine Power Drift, Master System Phantasy Star, SFC Super Aleste, Saturn Sega Touring Cars, Dreamcast Rent-a-Hero, Neo Geo Metal Slug and Game Boy Turtles fall of the Foot Clan !! Enjoy.

Yakumo

Comment

*NOTICE*

We're having some crazy weather here in Shimonoseki at the moment with thunder that you can feel ! The power has cut off once resulting in the FTP resetting. It may happen again or more likely probably will. I'm off to bed now so I can't keep an eye on it until the morning. Fingers crossed it will stay on. The Bit Torrent downloads won't be affected by this weather though.

Yakumo

Comment

Yea, I did wonder. Seemed much slower than usual. I'm getting pings >500ms >_< The torrent is working great though, 170k+.

edit: Torrent just finished; I like the new size man. 17 minutes for 260mb ain't bad.
                              Last edited by Commander Marklar; 31-12-2004, 21:37.

Comment

Just watched Retro Core 4, first one i've seen to date. Good job Yakumo May have to see the others now aswell, hehe. I was a fan of Sega Touring Car Championship myself back when I had a Saturn, despite its flaws. I also remember the complaints about the car handling... I think it was mostly put down to the framerate, but apparently using an analog pad helped quite a bit (never got to try this, only ever had standard digital pads).

Oh, and the rear view mirror you mentioned... it was pretty damn useless from what I remember Texture/polygon warping in the game was quite severe, which made it difficult to see what was going on behind you via that... plus, because the game moves at such a fast pace, glancing at it even momentarily just guaranteed that i'd crash into something in front of me.

Might have to see if I can hunt down the PC version, rekindled my interest in it again :P Sure i've seen it under the Explosiv budget label somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X