No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been grabbing these, haven't completed one yet, but the torret is flying compared to the ftp, so should have one before long.

Looking forward to watching them

Comment

By the way guys, you know that the Torrent files are all the Medium resolution quality releases? THe ones on the FTP are high resolution

Yakumo

Comment

Yeah, is there any chance of getting future Hi-Res ones via bittorrent too? I never was able to get the 3rd episode in hi-res.

Comment

Aye, given torrent (20 minutes download) vs. four days of attempted downloading, I know which one I'd rather grab. Stick the high-res on torrent.

Comment

I'll have a word with the guy who runs the Bit Torrent files. I hope he can host the high-rez ones 'cause they look a hell of a lot cleaner than the medium resolution ones.

Yakumo

Comment

Just watched volunme 1 hi-res (that is the one I grabbed from ftp, took hours and hours)

I really enjoyed it, and the voice overs add to it in my opinion, especially when you talk about needing skill to play splatterhouse and then promptly die lol

Good stuf! - Gonna watch another one shortly. I grabbed the rest from bit torrent, so are they are at medium res - It will be intersting to compare the quality

They are really good though, nice one.

Comment

I think you'll like Volume 4 then if you like my talk about needing skill then dieing Same happens on Sega Touring Cars. There I am being a big head saying I can control the car with ease and what happens? I skid on to the grass

Yakumo
                Last edited by Yakumo; 01-01-2005, 17:18. Reason: changed smilie

Comment

Pc engine Power Drift, loved that game. Remember going to Console Concepts in stoke on trent to get it. Coming down the escalator and seeing it on big tv in the shop, class.

Comment

Just watched vol 4.

Pretty great overall. The final fight special intro made me laugh my head off, top stuff.

Nice to see some gameboy stuff get reviewed this time but still no sign of goemon for famicom what happened??

The retro shop feature was excellent as well, need more bits like that. (^_^)

Comment

I second that, 'documentary' or man on the street style segments are great, whereas I thought aleste carried on a bit. My first thought though when I saw the opening footage of it - Power Strike! I haven't bothered looking it up but does anyone know off-hand if it was developed by the same people?

Comment

Thanks Importaku Sory about there still being no Famicom Goemon. Still haven't played it enough

babs, Super Aleste on the SFC is indeed by the same people behind Power Strike 1 and 2. In Japan Power Strike is called ALESTE. Try out the Power Strike cartridge in a Japanese system and you'll see a different title screen. Or easier still use the MEKA Master System emulator

Yakumo

Comment

just downloaded and skipped through these

highlights for me were

1. arcade visit
                          2. game shop visit
                          3. look at machines

Comment

Just watched the Saturn Shooter Special today - really good compilation even though the rather heavy accent gave me some problem hearing the comentators comments (I'm from sweden so that's probably why). Still, really good show!

Comment

Originally posted by brand1bil
                              Just watched the Saturn Shooter Special today - really good compilation even though the rather heavy accent gave me some problem hearing the comentators comments (I'm from sweden so that's probably why). Still, really good show!
                              I'll try to speak more clear next time

Yakumo

Comment

Ok, only the shooter and vol 4 to watch now, although I nearly fell asleep watching that techno beat or what ever the fook it was called on the saturn :P

Lets see bubble bobble in there please, and also what about some info on prices and rarity of the titles/machines ye show.

Comment

Working...
                                X