No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might I reccomend a 2 hour special on dharma doujou (super famicom version)?

Comment

Just watched vol1 to 3 other day And I think this is great stuff Yakumo

I was shocked at your Devil crash vs feature though!
      No way is the MD version better than the pc engine,, for a start the MD version has that awful border down the righthand side displaying the scores, this results in a much smaller playing field and also the bigger sprites have been squashed in, an example is the womens face in the centre screen, the face is round on the Engine but narrow on the MD...
      Also the graphics on the Engine are more detailed and look much better!
      The only thing the MD has over the engine is the new bonus stages,some very nice ones in fact, but overall the Engine version wins hands down

Anyway apart from that bit I loved the show,, keep up the good work YAKUMO

Comment

Originally posted by SS004
        Ok, only the shooter and vol 4 to watch now, although I nearly fell asleep watching that techno beat or what ever the fook it was called on the saturn :P

Lets see bubble bobble in there please, and also what about some info on prices and rarity of the titles/machines ye show.

Doesn't seem like the Technomotor feature went down well at all. Don't think I'll be covering anymore music software :P Bubble Bobble probably won't be making an appearance on Retro Core soon but Rainbow Islands will be. As for info on prices that's actually a bit difficult because they range quite a bit. I get my stuff cheap because I live in Japan but I'm sure you don't want to hear those prices. So the only option left is EBay and to be honest EBay can sometimes get you a great deal or not.

Originally posted by HANGMAN
        I was shocked at your Devil crash vs feature though!
        A few people said this but I honestly do prefer the Mega Drive version. I did say in the review that some of the smaller sprites on the PC Engine version are better defined but over all the graphic quality is a lot lower than the MD version. Just look at the Dragon Bonus Stage. Looks awful on the PCE. I also prefer the MD board style. Looks more like a Pinball table. The PCE one looks too wide. Both are great games but in the end I really prefer the MD version. That's just my opinion though. Of course not everyone has the same opinion so I respect yours too

Yakumo
        Last edited by Yakumo; 04-01-2005, 03:47.

Comment

Just watched the first episode.

I enjoyed it alot, I will be getting the other ones soon for sure.

Comment

I'm having endless trouble trying to unRAR volume 4. It keeps telling me that the RAR files are corrupt.

Any help?

Comment

I keep suggesting to Yakumo that he creates PAR files ... it's easy, it's simple, it stops this kind of post. Just do it.

There was nothing wrong with the archive I downloaded, so the only thing I can suggest is: create PAR FILES! Or try downloading the corrupted sections again.

Comment

Volume 4 works fine. I've tried it many time. And what is a PAR file? I have no idea what that is.

Yakumo

Comment

QuickPar is a PAR 2.0 recovery volume creation tool. Use it to protect and repair any data file.

Very useful bit of software that generates recovery files.

Comment

i haven't had any problem d/l from his ftp server.
                    just set up and next morning it's all d/l?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      And what is a PAR file? I have no idea what that is.
                      Yakumo
                      See here

Regards
                      Marty

Comment

Here's a sneek preview of the new Retro Core opening.

Please note that this is a very early version that will be cleaned up. This is only screen 2 or 7 as well. The final opening will have music and sound FX and maybe even voices. I'm hoping to get this ready for Retro Core 6.

:EDIT: If you have a good connection you may want to check out the 2.8Meg version wich is more complete than the nasty link above plus it has the new theme tune too! http://www.segagagadomain.com/RC-new-opening.html

Yakumo
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 29-01-2005, 18:28.

Comment

Electra Ainus

What's it from by the way, the music that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo

:EDIT: If you have a good connection you may want to check out the 2.8Meg version wich is more complete than the nasty link above plus it has the new theme tune too! http://www.segagagadomain.com/RC-new-opening.html

Yakumo
                            Very nice. I sure hope no one from EA was watching that

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                              Electra Ainus

What's it from by the way, the music that is.
                              as you can tell I'm not a fan of E.A. one little bit. The music is ???? -TRANCE edit-?iXV Ver). That's Ikaruga in Japanese by the way It's one of the many Japanese remixes of game music I have from my friend. He gave me quite a few links if you'd like to download some midis (mostly XG format). The song I use for my opening was originally a midi or so my friend said befor he converted them to MP3 because I don't have a Yamaha XG sound system in my PC.

Yakumo

Comment

Omg that opening rocks!
                                You need to pixelate the font a little more tho!!!
                                Oh oh oh and you could also simulate some sprite dropping. That'd look so cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X