Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huxley
    must be working I get to many users come up - get off let me have a go!
    Yep, it's working The BT downloads should be up tomorrow. I'm just uploading the last 3 files to the server that hosts them.

Yakumo

Comment

The Bit Torrent downloads for Retro Core 6 are now ready !! Head on over to http://kedora.net/index.py?mod=item&op=view&iid=216 to download them. It should be faster than the FTP.

Yakumo

Comment

Yakumo san finally got retro core 6 down last night after pulling me hair out waiting 4 the slow ass ftp to finish.

Luv the show mate, production value is a lot higher this ep, not lotr but nice bitrate next challenge 4 u mate encode the sound into dts

That karaoke dance game at the beginning had me pissing meself, I bet you have had many a pissed up singalong on your own
        But where were the retrocore scores? I look forward to em, I was contemplating having 1 as a ring tone on me mob
        Anys what u thinkin maybe for 7, whatabout some fm towns turbo outrun or a castlevania special for all formats?
        Cheers 4 the episode consolevania is funny in places but wastes too much time pissing about showing off.

sayanaro and dosucol!

Comment

Yeah, the FTP is as slow as **** when it's getting hammered. The really odd thing is that I can have up to 5 mbps (that's real megabytes too) downloading but only a piss poor 1mbps upload

Hmm DTS sound, hmmmm now that would be cool but you'll have to stick with Stereo for now

Retro Core Vol.7 is already to be filmed. I'll be filming it in two weeks when I have a weeks holiday with the wife still at work (Ahh..... bliss if ever there was any). Planned for the show are the following. (DIR) means Direct Recording from actual hardware for cool sound and image.

Super Famicom - Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts (DIR)
          Dreamcast - Fushigi Alice Dungeon (DIR) can't remember the real title at the moment.
          Arcade - Mercs (Japanese version) (DIR)
          Mega Drive - Virtual Racing (DIR)
          PlayStation - G-Darius (DIR) first ever PSX game on Retro Core
          Famicom - ? Still deciding this one
          Master System - Dynamite Dux (DIR)
          P.C. Engine - Heavy Unit (may change)
          Saturn - Elevator Action (DIR)

as for the Retro Core scores I think I'll bring them back Quite afew people have asked what happened to them. So, I think we'll give that a Retro Core Score of "Bring 'em Back"

Yakumo

Comment

Retro Core Volume 7 is now complete and ready for download on the 10th April. There have been a few changes to the line up wit the PC Engine game and Famicom game not making an appearance but they will appear in Volume 8.

Quote from the Retro Core Page

"Retro Core Volume 7 features for the first time FULL STEREO SOUND on all games !! Two new features are introduced in this volume which are "The Anime Corner" which shows the introduction from one of the many Japanese love adventure games out there and "****e of the Month" which you can probably guess what that's about.
            Games covered in volume 7 are Mega Drive Virtua Racing, Saturn Elevator Action Returns, PlayStation G-Darius, Super Famicom Chomakai Mura (Super Ghouls & Ghosts), Master System Dynamite Dux, Dreamcast Fushigi Dungeon and Arcade Mercs."

Yakumo

Comment

Discovered Retro Core late, so I only watched the first one a couple of weeks ago. Been getting them from Archive.org instead of pissing about with FTPs and torrents. Is it yourself that uploads them to that site Yakumo? If so, when can I expect vol.6 & 7 to appear?

Anyway, great shows, keep up the good work.

Comment

Yes, it is me that uploads them but I've forgotten my login info. I'll have to mail them to get the info back.

Yakumo

Comment

Retro Core Vol: 8 is now available !!

I think for the first time ever Retro Core has no out of sync problems at all thanks to a new method of recording the audio!! Featured in Vol:8 are the following great games - Transformers for the Famicom (****e of the month), Kage also for the Famicom, Xmultiply on the arcade, Konohana True Report (Anime Corner), Rockman X4 for the Saturn, Sonic CD for the Mega CD, The House of the Dead for Mobile phones (Japan only), Trizeal and Napple Tale for Dreamcast and Batman for the Mega Drive. That's 10 games featured !!

Yakumo

Comment

hmm....
                    can't say I've ever seen/heard the out of sync problem?
                    I always convert and burn into DVD+RW to play on my DVD player though...

Transformers for the Famicom : is it as bad as arcade one or worse? the arcade one was shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      Yes, it is me that uploads them but I've forgotten my login info. I'll have to mail them to get the info back.

Yakumo
                      i get from main ftp server.
                      set up before I hit the bed and in the morning it'll be done. pop in DVD+RW and start the conversion. by the time I got home from work it'd be done and ready for playing on DVD player...

Comment

Just downloaded episode 2&3 from that site as I can't use FTP's at work, was pretty quick too. 30 Minutes for the two, so I'll post my thoughts tommorrow.

Comment

"Retrocore, may contain violence, nudity and...."

Oh this has to be good...^0^

Comment

The Bit Torrent downloads are now being uploaded to the server. They should apear online in about 5 hours time. Then maybe my FTP can take a beather http://kedora.net

Yakumo

Comment

Downloaded it with bit torrent. Is the video file complete? Doesn't seem to want to work with any of the players I use.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine
                                Downloaded it with bit torrent. Is the video file complete? Doesn't seem to want to work with any of the players I use.
                                Yep, it's complete. It should be 336,685KB in size. You may need to install the Microsoft ADPCM drives since that's what the audio is in. Much better than MP3 that I used to use.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X