Retro Drive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about.....

Probably only take an afternoon or two, i always use to love this game.

....erm ok i'll play it by myself
    Last edited by tokyochojin; 17-12-2004, 05:51.

Comment

That's a good one, although maybe not Cool Spot You're welcome to play it yourself though, that was the motivation behind the thread. A platform game would be alright though. Something arcade-y, like a G'n'G game (although I don't really wanna do a G'n'G game, having recently been playing them on the GBA -- top port, btw).

Retro game of the month will be for January though, probably best to start a new thread.

How you getting on with Actraiser, Strider?

Comment

If you're going with platformers pick some Konami (castlevania 4?), those guys were for me undisputed music kings.

Comment

I vote for ContraIII, though I have no time to play it at the moment. It would be cool to see someones shots of the levels and what people think of the game today.

It had a different end boss on Hard level didn't it?

Comment

On very hard, yea. There was an extra bit where the boss chases you as you're being lifted out of the level by the chopper thing.

On normal, it says "you're a pussy, do it on hard". Hard shows some black and white photos of the guys and says, "You're still a pussy, do it on very hard" where you're dropped off in front of a few hundred people celebrating the white wash of the alien scum invading the planet.

IIRC

Comment

Let's throw a few games into the pot. Open to suggestions too, if you've finished Actraiser

Pulstar
              Splatterhouse
              Sparkster
              Popful Mail
              Snatcher
              Body Harvest
              Contra Spirits
              Psycho Fox
              Chase HQ
              Fantasy Zone
              Parodius
              Gynoug

...er, that'll do, heh :P

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar

How you getting on with Actraiser, Strider?
                I'm up to my eyeballs with Lemmings, Atari Lynx games and an Oliver Frey feature at the moment, so ActRaiser has been placed on the backburner.

Comment

Popful Mail sounds good.
                  I bought it a few months back and haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Comment

It is a game I've not played all the way through too, it got too tough

Originally posted by Strider
                    I'm up to my eyeballs with Lemmings, Atari Lynx games and an Oliver Frey feature at the moment, so ActRaiser has been placed on the backburner.
                    Excuses! Anybody would have thought you were, like, the editor of a retro bit in a mag or something
                    Last edited by Commander Marklar; 20-12-2004, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                      It is a game I've not played all the way through too, it got too tough

Excuses! Anybody would have thought you were, like, the editor of a retro bit in a mag or something
                      Shh

Comment

Castlevania IV next then? I had a quick go the other night, the music rocks! Tough though... dunno if I'll be able to dedicate much time to completing it

I'll start a new thread anyway with a bit more info. about the game for n00bs
                        Last edited by Commander Marklar; 30-12-2004, 10:09.

Comment

Ooh, I'm **** hot at that game. You'll have to stick pics up as I'm gonna play it on my *shock horror*Xbox.

Comment

Can't the Xbox emus grab screenshots? I've never used it for emulation. They're install, came with the chip but I've not used 'em.

Comment

Some of them can. However I've no art program (they all come out dark) and no where to upload them to. Gonna start now

Comment

Castlevania IV sounds good to me for january. I can play the SFC copy I bought two months ago

Comment

Working...
                                X